1. cleveland ohio
    Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    54569
    27 Oct '07 20:07
    I look for the Buckeyes to win this 21-10 the BUCKS HAVE A STRONG DEFENSE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    28 Oct '07 04:102 edits
    Originally posted by richfeet
    I look for the Buckeyes to win this 21-10 the BUCKS HAVE A STRONG DEFENSE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Of coarse, no one will believe me but I picked the Buckeys to win by 20 points. Hows that for a guess?

    Really they should have only given up 10 points. That kick off return at the end made it look closer than it was.

    So I guess Wisconsin is next. I think they will be a tougher opponent even though it is at home.
  3. Standard memberAnonymousnumber1
    Just call me
    Gark
    Joined
    10 Aug '06
    Moves
    18538
    28 Oct '07 11:03
    OH YEAH
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    28 Oct '07 19:10
    I am still awaiting all the nay sayers who say the Big Ten are a bunch of girly men. Where could they be....?
  5. cleveland ohio
    Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    54569
    28 Oct '07 20:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am still awaiting all the nay sayers who say the Big Ten are a bunch of girly men. Where could they be....?
    Whodey OH-IO,OH-IO THE BUCKEYES ROCK I THINK WE WILL WIN THE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR WE DESTROYED PENN.STATE SORRY JOE PA!!!!
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    30 Oct '07 19:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am still awaiting all the nay sayers who say the Big Ten are a bunch of girly men. Where could they be....?
    HERE!!!!

    The entire Big Ten doesn't have a single quality non-conference win. The league stinks and Ohio State will get smashed in the BCS Championship game AGAIN if they get there.
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    28 Jun '05
    Moves
    20947
    30 Oct '07 20:59
    Last year when they won blew out #2 texas and #2 notre dame, both on the road you said that it did not matter. The SEC this year is 2-4 against out of conference BCS teams but you are convinced that the only reason they keep beating each other is because they are so good and not because teams like Florida played pretty poorly this year.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66539
    30 Oct '07 21:111 edit
    LSU vs Ohio State would be an interesting matchup, and one I'm not sure OSU would win. I think LSU has the most weapons on both sides of the ball of any team in the country.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    31 Oct '07 15:24
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Last year when they won blew out #2 texas and #2 notre dame, both on the road you said that it did not matter. The SEC this year is 2-4 against out of conference BCS teams but you are convinced that the only reason they keep beating each other is because they are so good and not because teams like Florida played pretty poorly this year.
    And it didn't; they got their ass kicked by Florida. Both Texas and Notre Dame were overrated at the time as the latter part of the season showed. I don't know where you get your numbers from; I see 4 SEC wins against BCS conference teams including LSU's wipeout of Virginia Tech. I'm not sure the SEC is the strongest conference this year; the Pac-10 has a lot of good teams as does the Big 12. Any one of a dozen teams from these conferences could handle Ohio State (which might even lose to Michigan).
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    28 Jun '05
    Moves
    20947
    31 Oct '07 15:46
    Aparently these don't count only SEC wins count
    Alabama lost to FSU
    Auburn lost to South Florida
    Ole Miss lost to Missouri
    Mississippi State lost to West Virginia
    Tennessee lost to California
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    31 Oct '07 15:492 edits
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Aparently these don't count only SEC wins count
    Alabama lost to FSU
    Auburn lost to South Florida
    Ole Miss lost to Missouri
    Mississippi State lost to West Virginia
    Tennessee lost to California
    You said 2-4; the actual number is 4-5.

    Georgia over Oklahoma State
    Kentucky over Louisville
    LSU over Virginia Tech
    Auburn over Kansas State


    That's 4 wins against teams with winning records from BCS conferences. By way of contrast, no Big Ten team has won a game against a team with a winning record from a BCS conference. And Iowa State and Duke would be winless but for victories against Big Ten teams.
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    28 Jun '05
    Moves
    20947
    31 Oct '07 16:08
    I never said the Big ten was better than the SEC. I said the SEC isn't beating teams out of conference and therefore when its teams beat each other there is no justification to say its proves all its teams are good. This is not just my opinion the computers have put LSU 4th. Teams like Florida which already have 3 losses just aren't that good this year. It is always dangerous to argue one game. The Big 10 killed Notre Dame and Notre Dame would have zero wins if it weren't for UCLA. Does that prove the PAC 10 stinks? Of course not.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    31 Oct '07 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    I never said the Big ten was better than the SEC. I said the SEC isn't beating teams out of conference and therefore when its teams beat each other there is no justification to say its proves all its teams are good. This is not just my opinion the computers have put LSU 4th. Teams like Florida which already have 3 losses just aren't that good t ...[text shortened]... uld have zero wins if it weren't for UCLA. Does that prove the PAC 10 stinks? Of course not.
    The SEC has beaten four good teams out of conference as I pointed out above. Their losses are all to very good teams; all but Florida State have been ranked in the top 10 (West Virginia and Missouri still are). By contrast, the Big Ten hasn't beaten anybody.

    LSU shouldn't be fourth; they lost a game. I'd have OSU fourth and they'd only make it into the BCS title game IF they won out AND two out of three of Arizona State, Kansas and Boston College lost.
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    28 Jun '05
    Moves
    20947
    31 Oct '07 16:35
    Kansas has beaten no one (central michigan SE Lousiana, Toledo and Florida International and Baylor all completely don't count). So to put them ahead of Ohio State is wrong. Arizona State and Ohio State have the tough part of their schedule on the back end. If everyone wins out (and that never happens) it probably won't be an SEC team.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    01 Nov '07 06:283 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    HERE!!!!

    The entire Big Ten doesn't have a single quality non-conference win. The league stinks and Ohio State will get smashed in the BCS Championship game AGAIN if they get there.
    I knew you were learking in the shadows no1. Well, if you want my honest opinion I say your opinion has some merit. For example, teams I dread include LSU, Oregan (perhaps most of all), Florida (even though with 3 losses they are clearly out of the NC picture but despite this I think they are a top 4 team), USC (simply because they are USC and I think once they are healthy they will be dangerous as always and will be ready for their bowl game as always). Other than that I am not so concerned. As for Boston College, please don't tell me you don't think Ohio State would not crush them. Of coarse, we will never find out because Boston College will not be #2 by years end. They simply do not have what it takes to go undefeated.

    Having said all that, I think that OSU is much improved defensivly and even offensivly than last year. I think their QB has a better arm and they have a better running back and they have a better line and (most importantly) their defense is much improved and, as a result, they should not be taken lightly as if they were incapable of beating the teams I mentioned above. Of coarse it would be foolish of me to say that OSU is unbeatable. Especially in light of last years debacle. However, we will get a better sense of the reality of the matter after this years end instead of simply going by the results of last years bowl games.

    As for your comment about Michigan, no doubt they have always been a threat and always will be a threat. That is simply the way it has always been and always will be. When the two Titans meet, it will be a battle to be the winner of the Big Ten title.......as usual.
Back to Top