1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 19:03
    Originally posted by uzless
    I only have nbc..they are showing ice dancing. Jebus...the game is only on msnbc so I can't see it
    that's bogus. the game was even on free to air tv over here... home olympics and you can't even watch the most eagerly anticipated game of the week unless you have a certain cable channel, shocking! there would be riots in the uk and ireland if we couldn't watch the world cup on free to air tv.

you didn't go to a bar to watch it?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 19:542 edits
    Originally posted by CC Patzer

I still think it will be Canada vs Russia for the gold medal, and USA will take the Bronze medal.
    Wrong!

If Canada beats Germany Wedesday, they will have to play Russia in the quarter finals on Thursday.
  3. Joined
    12 Feb '10
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 20:07
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Wrong!

If Canada beats Germany Wedesday, they will have to play Russia in the quarter finals on Thursday.
    So Canada could be eliminated?

Do you think they will throw the game against Germany to avoid the Russian team?
    Or will a loss to Germany mean they are eliminated from the tournament?

From now on is it one loss and your out?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 20:261 edit
    So Canada could be eliminated?

Do you think they will throw the game against Germany to avoid the Russian team?
    Or will a loss to Germany mean they are eliminated from the tournament?

From now on is it one loss and your out?
    No, you can't throw anything now, and Canada wouldn't anyways.

You lose and you are gone now!

More Hockey:
    If the U.S. women and the Canadian women win their final games, they will meet each other for the gold. It would be a big upset for that not to happen.
  5. Joined
    12 Feb '10
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 21:03
    No, you can't throw anything now, and Canada wouldn't anyways.

You lose and you are gone now!

More Hockey:
    If the U.S. women and the Canadian women win their final games, they will meet each other for the gold. It would be a big upset for that not to happen.
    I haven't watched women's hockey.
    Who do you think has the better team?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 21:18
    russia is looking goood, only chance canada has is if they choke. canada had been poor, just like 4 years ago. shame.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 00:001 edit
    I haven't watched women's hockey.
    Who do you think has the better team?
    The U.S. Womens team are very strong and should play for the gold Medal.

Canadian women play this evening, and I believe are favorite to move on.

So I am pretty sure we are looking at a U.S. vs. Canada Game for the Gold!
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 00:04
    Originally posted by trev33
    russia is looking goood, only chance canada has is if they choke. canada had been poor, just like 4 years ago. shame.
    So you watched Norway vs. Canada & Canada vs. Swiz?

Tell me what looked so poor about Canada's play in either game?

The Canadian Goalie had a terrible game against the U.S.
    The U.S. Goalie probably played the game of his life, and won the game for them...they were outshot 42-21 I believe....So, it wasn't the players who did it. The question is how far can the U.S. Goalie carry them.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 04:26

The U.S. Goalie probably played the game of his life, and won the game for them...they were outshot 42-21 I believe....So, it wasn't the players who did it. The question is how far can the U.S. Goalie carry them.
    Canada is certainly way stronger than they evidenced against USA. I don't see Brodeur having two bad games in a row! Who knows. They may yet win the gold. Road has merely elongated somewhat!
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 04:38
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Canada is certainly way stronger than they evidenced against USA. I don't see Brodeur having two bad games in a row! Who knows. They may yet win the gold. Road has merely elongated somewhat!
    They may even change goalies.

I was mistaken. I said somewhere that Canada played Germany on Wednesday it is actually tomorrow, Tuesday Feb.23/10. Then providing they win would play Russia the following day.

I thought they played strong actually, the goal tending was weak. You don't get 42 shots on goal without having a strong showing, especially when the opponent has had only 21 shots.

I have always felt they put too much pressure on themselves thinking they have to win the Gold Medal every tournament they play in. I think any medal is a job well done. We are alot closer to parity in hockey now than at any time in the past I believe.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 04:50
    They may even change goalies.

I was mistaken. I said somewhere that Canada played Germany on Wednesday it is actually tomorrow, Tuesday Feb.23/10. Then providing they win would play Russia the following day.

I thought they played strong actually, the goal tending was weak. You don't get 42 shots on goal without having a strong showing, especially wh ...[text shortened]... b well done. We are alot closer to parity in hockey now than at any time in the past I believe.
    Closer, but the best on earth are still Russian or Canadian! parity is near as more places get ice rinks. Even in Texas it is a fast growing amateur sport. I've never been real hot on NHL, but Olympic hockey is cool! I wish Canada the best of luck the rest of the way!
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 06:421 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Allez, USA!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry my Canuck brethren, but first win since 1960 for USA!!!!!!
    How about 1980??? The Miracle on Ice?? Jim Craig, Mike Eurizione, Herb Brooks...ring a bell?

Or were you commenting on a Canada vs USA bracket game schedule?
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 11:50

i didn't see the norway game but i watched them just about manage to get past a poor swizz side on pens... had switzerland won that shootout canada wouldn't be in the tournament right now.. assuming usa still beat canada and switzerland won.

have only watch one russia game.. against the czech republic and they looked very good. if it was played on neutral soil i'd more than happily put a bet on russia but you never know how one team having home ice is going to affect both teams.
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 12:33
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    How about 1980??? The Miracle on Ice?? Jim Craig, Mike Eurizione, Herb Brooks...ring a bell?

Or were you commenting on a Canada vs USA bracket game schedule?
    Of course commentary exclusively about the Canada-USA games. Although this was not a medal game, beating a team after not doing so in 50 years is awesome.

No one shall ever forget the miracle on ice of 1980! But this win is a mini-miracle indeed! How often does a team win after being outshot 2-1? How many goalies stop everything (almost) and play the game of their lives against an archrival?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 17:21
    Originally posted by trev33
    i didn't see the norway game but i watched them just about manage to get past a poor swizz side on pens... had switzerland won that shootout canada wouldn't be in the tournament right now.. assuming usa still beat canada and switzerland won.

have only watch one russia game.. against the czech republic and they looked very good. if it was played on neutral ...[text shortened]... bet on russia but you never know how one team having home ice is going to affect both teams.
    Russia, Canada, or U.S. can still take gold medal.

Swiz are a much better team then people give them credit for.

Lets not forget the Russians also lost a game in overtime!

This is where the tournament really starts, lose and you go home! Should be interesting the rest of the way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree