1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 02:40
    I'm always bantering with a Man U friend of mine about this - he thinks Owen is rubbish, past it, a broken reed, a sick note waiting to happen.

I on the other hand think he is still the best English striker, a class finisher and would still get you at least 20 a season in the right side - I would love to see him at the Bridge next season.

Wot you reckon??
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 08:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm always bantering with a Man U friend of mine about this - he thinks Owen is rubbish, past it, a broken reed, a sick note waiting to happen.

I on the other hand think he is still the best English striker, a class finisher and would still get you at least 20 a season in the right side - I would love to see him at the Bridge next season.

Wot you reckon??
    When he can play, he can play.

Unfortunately, he seems to be injured more often than not.

He's a player I never thought was fantastic, but he scores goals (and even a lot of headers), so he has something alright.

D
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 08:45
    Still has the pace and he can finish with the best of them. If Torres is fit then I would play him every time - which means no place for Owen - but if he's injured or rested the I think Owen could fit into this Liverpool team.
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    20 Dec '08 14:10
    Owen is the best stiker in the premiership when fit - unfortunately that is not very often.
    If you had enough in the bank balance then as a back up striker to cover the likes of torres through rotation or injury then [b]yes
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    26 Dec '08 15:02
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Owen is the best stiker in the premiership when fit - unfortunately that is not very often.
    If you had enough in the bank balance then as a back up striker to cover the likes of torres through rotation or injury then [b]yes
    I thought this thread was going to be about 'Terrell Owens' of the 'Dallas Cowboys.' How disappointing.
  6. LA
    Moves
    26 Dec '08 15:42
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I thought this thread was going to be about 'Terrell Owens' of the 'Dallas Cowboys.' How disappointing.
    The fact that you have to say Dallas Cowboys is enough.

This is a sports thread not a franchise thread, sponsored by Bud.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '08 19:59
    i think terrall is still good enough but weather he wants to play or not is another matter.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    26 Dec '08 20:12
    Never heard of Terrell Owens or the Dallas Cowboys!

Anyway back to real sport...Owen's finished, it's a shame that a man that promised so much with that goal against Argentina in '98 never got the chance to live up to his potential...if someone else buys Owen it will be the same as when Utd bought glass legs Louis Saha!
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    26 Dec '08 21:46
    Originally posted by trev33
    i think terrall is still good enough but weather he wants to play or not is another matter.
    I like Owens he is NOT the guy the media and the E-gals tries to make him out to be. He just wants to win and when he does he is happy. The ball just hasn't been getting to him and that is not his fault. The ball hasn't been getting to anyone really...except Jason Whiten.

Anyway Trev, you're a real sports fan unlike so many other no nothings around here. 😀
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '08 23:50
    Originally posted by Jamesqt

Anyway back to real sport...Owen's finished, it's a shame that a man that promised so much with that goal against Argentina in '98 never got the chance to live up to his potential...if someone else buys Owen it will be the same as when Utd bought glass legs Louis Saha!
    Harsh but some truth, definitely. Not sure I'd agree with "finished" though, he's still a decent striker when fit.

Is "dallas cowboys" a conspiratists euphenism for the Warren Commission?
  11. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    27 Dec '08 00:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is "Dallas Cowboys" a conspirators euphemism for the Warren Commission?

Fixed for no particular reason.
    No The 'Dallas Cowboys' is an American Football team from Dallas County just outside of the City of Dallas, in a town called Irving Texas. It is now officially being moved to a new city called Arlington, Texas which is still in what is referred to as "The Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex." DFW for short. Are you getting all of this?

The warren Commission was Named after Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren. The Warren commission has nothing to do with the city or county of Dallas except that it poorly investigated an incident that happened to be the city President John Kennedy was assassinated in. Non sports related unless you claim to be a duck hunter and accidentally missed.

Cowboys are a part of American history. Cowboys gathered cattle in the Southern part of the United States and Mexico and drove them North by horseback to be sold and consumed by people living in the Northern States and even Canada. During this time the people who drove cattle to market were called 'Cowboys'. During the roundups the Cowboys would compete to determine who was the best Cowboys. This competition evolved into what is known as the 'Rodeo'. Many of the earlier players of the Dallas Cowboys were actually 'Rodeo Cowboys' as well as football players. The Dallas area is famous for it's Cowboy and livestock. So from that comes the name the Dallas Cowboys.

Do you actually really care about any of this tremendous sports history?
  12. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    27 Dec '08 00:32
    I like Owens he is NOT the guy the media and the E-gals tries to make him out to be. He just wants to win and when he does he is happy. The ball just hasn't been getting to him and that is not his fault. The ball hasn't been getting to anyone really...except Jason Whiten.

Anyway Trev, you're a real sports fan unlike so many other no nothings around here. 😀
    Terrrel Owens is a great talent. Big mouth? yeah. so what. He gets the job done. If the Cowboys want to get in the playoffs, they best figure him in thier plans. God knows they need a plan.
  13. LA
    Moves
    27 Dec '08 02:12
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Never heard of T.O?
    Go into google and type "Owens Hydrocodone", great talent and role model.

If you want to learn something about the one skillful player in an american football team (the quarterback) type in google "quarterback vick" or "quarterback oj".

As for the Dallas Cowboys, not heard of them either.
    Maybe they use to be the LA football team that decided to move and change thier name.
  14. LA
    Moves
    27 Dec '08 02:17
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Owen is the best stiker in the premiership when fit
    I've heard it all now.

Really, he must have been injured since 2001 then.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '08 02:22
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Never heard of T.O?
    Go into google and type "Owens Hydrocodone", great talent and role model.

If you want to learn something about the one skillful player in an american football team (the quarterback) type in google "quarterback vick" or "quarterback oj".

As for the Dallas Cowboys, not heard of them either.
    Maybe they use to be the LA football team that decided to move and change thier name.
    you're an idiot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree