1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 20:18
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    The game was legit, the refs were legit, the calls were legit. EVERY NFL game has controversial calls, its the nature of the game. The truth of the matter is that NE is looking more and more beatable as the season wears on.
    Yeah the aura of invincibility seems to be gone. Next week should be a tough game as well.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 21:07
    The game was legit, the refs were legit, the calls were legit. EVERY NFL game has controversial calls, its the nature of the game. The truth of the matter is that NE is looking more and more beatable as the season wears on.
    Bwahahahhahaaaa! That's just what Super Bill and Wonder Brady want you to think! This is another cunning play... like getting caught 'cheating'.

P-
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 21:10
    Watching those last two minutes reminded me of the final seconds of the 1972 Olympic Gold Medal Basketball Game.

Give the Russians, (or the Pats), enough chances and they will score.
  4. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 22:141 edit
    I think the NFL refs are the only refs in any general american sport that do not specifically referree as a profession; many have other jobs.

The Patriots are not perfect. No more perfect than the 3-1 November - December St. Louis Rams anyways.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 05:14
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    If, and this is a big if, the Patriots manage to go undefeated this season, this game will be a stain on the record. As if it wasn't tough enough to be the Patriots head up, now you have to beat the refs as well. Too many convenient calls. I was also surprised Gaffney's game winning TD wasn't reviewed more closely. I am not sure whether he had control w ...[text shortened]... ll on the play before could have been scripted. Belichik and Brady got their Christmas early.
    Kind of balances out those bogus pass interference calls they were spoon feeding the little coltie wolties earlier in the season. Go Pats!
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 05:181 edit
    I think its the weather. The Patriot teams of old relied on ball control, a good balanced offensive attack. They have become the old Colts, pass, pass, pass. Oh for one more year with a healthy Corey Dillon! Also I think these teams are getting extremely fired up when the Pats roll in, everyone wants to take out the king.
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 07:49
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    I think its the weather. The Patriot teams of old relied on ball control, a good balanced offensive attack. They have become the old Colts, pass, pass, pass. Oh for one more year with a healthy Corey Dillon! Also I think these teams are getting extremely fired up when the Pats roll in, everyone wants to take out the king.
    If you want to talk about the pats of old, they were patsies through the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

When it came to playing New England, there was a time when it meant turnover, sack, 3 and out. There's still a saloon here in Ft Lauderdale that has the old Logo of the Patsies on the helmet, with it crying.
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 08:31
    Originally posted by Ullr
    If you watch the reply showing the Ravens sideline you will clearly see that the ref nearest to the sideline heard the call for timeout and signalled for it before the ball was snapped. You can see the ref clearly waving his arms signalling no play and running towards the players before the ball is snapped. So your suggestion that the call was made after the play is flat out wrong.

Is that right, I guess I didn't see the replay then. I'll take your word on that one.
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 11:26
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    If you want to talk about the pats of old, they were patsies through the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

When it came to playing New England, there was a time when it meant turnover, sack, 3 and out. There's still a saloon here in Ft Lauderdale that has the old Logo of the Patsies on the helmet, with it crying.
    Sure, you can say that about a lot of teams. How many have three rings though? Just a handfull. Over all, they are a success. Go Pats!
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 14:07
    Originally posted by SmookieP

Years of suffering... now the pay-off. Go Pats!

P-
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 15:19
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Years of suffering... now the pay-off. Go Pats!

P-
    So true....take away one 12 man on the field penalty against the Colts last year, and it would have been 4 rings.
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:05
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    So true....take away one 12 man on the field penalty against the Colts last year, and it would have been 4 rings.
    Nothing like holding a lead for 59 minutes...

Nyar!

P-
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 23:24
    [b]I don't think NFL wants "the cheating Pats" to get so much glory... but either way it's a win win for NFL.
    this is in refernace to the 'taping incident' is'nt it?

But guys dont you think that most clubs do it............ its just the Pats got cought..

A bit like Ben Johnson in 1988 100m.............. and history now shows most of the top sprinters have had 'help' since then....
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Dec '07 01:17
    Originally posted by spurs73
    this is in refernace to the 'taping incident' is'nt it?

But guys dont you think that most clubs do it............ its just the Pats got cought..

A bit like Ben Johnson in 1988 100m.............. and history now shows most of the top sprinters have had 'help' since then....
    NE was doing business as usual, as many teams do. Just the year before they asked THE JETS to get THEIR cameraman out of an area where he was doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Mangina felt insulted that NE would do the exact same thing THEY DID and took it one level higher and TATTLED on NE to the NFL. It was a super spite move. Any coach could have had this happen, but most teams would NOT report it since they are doing the exact same thing.

Now look at the JETS. They stopped taping and can't get anything done. Pats, who are TRUE WINNERS don't need the tapes. It was all some huge SCRAP BOOKING project Bill was working on.

The whole thing was a big mess all because the JETS have PATS ENVY and are LOSERS.

P-
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Dec '07 11:38
    NE was doing business as usual, as many teams do. Just the year before they asked THE JETS to get THEIR cameraman out of an area where he was doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Mangina felt insulted that NE would do the exact same thing THEY DID and took it one level higher and TATTLED on NE to the NFL. It was a super spite move. Any coach could have had th ...[text shortened]... n.

The whole thing was a big mess all because the JETS have PATS ENVY and are LOSERS.

P-
    with the amount of tv couverage of the NFL and the amount of tape that each team takes of all their own games and training issues......... i think the Pats 'tapegate' has been blown out of all propotions.

Having followed the NFL (mainly form tv coverage in the UK) since 1982, i think credit should be given where credit is due............BILL and the NE organisation have developed a wonder system which is producing amazing results.

I think all you fans of other NFL teams should just accept that now, and hope someone comes along soon who can beat the Pats on the field of play

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree