Pics for Sundays NFL playoffs?

Pics for Sundays NFL playoffs?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Jan 12

An absolute classic in San Fran.

t

Moves
15 Jan 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
An absolute classic in San Fran.
Yes, and one to finally silence the 49er critics.

Moves
15 Jan 12

NY to beat GB is my pick. SF beats NY and wins SB.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Jan 12

TebowTime ends bloody.

c

Moves
16 Jan 12

San Fran beats Giants

New England beats Baltimore

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
17 Jan 12

Here are the updated standings.

On the strength of a perfect 4-0 weekend,.. No1 Marauder is now 6-2

On the strength of a 3-1 weekend...............RBHill is now 5-3

On the abysmal strength of a 2-2 weekend, shortcircuit is now 5-3

On the abysmal strength of a 2-2 weekend, centipawns is now 4-4

The following did not turn in picks...

Trev remains at...................................................................3-1

Sacchipazzo remains at .......................................................2-2

Congrats to No1 on a great weekend of picks.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Jan 12

49ers are a good team, perhaps the best balanced team in the NFL. But they have little playoff experience and were fortunate to pull out the game last week when they failed to capitalize on many of the Saints mistakes; when you have a +4 turnover differential you shouldn't have to score with 9 seconds to win the game.

The Giants are looking like the Team of Destiny for this set of playoffs anyway. I think they'll beat the Niners, perhaps handily.

All year I've been thinking that the Ravens were the team best equipped to handle the Pats even in Foxboro. But their offense looked completely inept last week though it was against an excellent Texan D. Belechick had all the answers for Tebow and the Denver running game; the Patriot defense was all over the Bronco backfield. Granted Ray Rice and Flacco are a bit better than McGehee and Tebow, but I think the Ravens will struggle to score again unless they get turnovers. And I don't think Brady is going to give the ball away like he did two years ago against Baltimore in the playoffs.

I still think it will be close but my thinking now is that the Pats will score 21-24 and that will be enough.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
18 Jan 12
1 edit

49ers are a good team, perhaps the best balanced team in the NFL. But they have little playoff experience and were fortunate to pull out the game last week when they failed to capitalize on many of the Saints mistakes; when you have a +4 turnover differential you shouldn't have to score with 9 seconds to win the game.

The Giants are look will be close but my thinking now is that the Pats will score 21-24 and that will be enough.
the Ravens tend to do that. Sometimes they just look completely inept on offense, like they did against Jax a few weeks ago on Monday night and then they can turn it on.

I also don't think they can hold the Pats down to under about 20-24 points (which would be a major victory in itself). More likely, the Pats score at least 27. But the Pats defense is awful and Flacco and Rice could have their way with it.

I'd take NE in the game, but I like Baltimore with the points.

As for the NFC, the way the Giants played against GB, it's hard to see them losing to anyone. Period. But they're also capable of laying an egg (remember the Washington game a few weeks ago?). If the "good" Giants come out, I really don't think the Niners can play with them. The Niners might be a little better on defense, but the Giants' offense with Eli and Cruz and Nicks and Bradshaw is light years ahead of the Niners.

So, in all, I guess I see a Giants-Pats rematch. Won't that be fun?

t

Moves
18 Jan 12

The Giants are look ...[text shortened]... will be close but my thinking now is that the Pats will score 21-24 and that will be enough.
The Giants only won because GB recievers couldn't catch... just like in their loss to the Cheifs. I think if GB had played like that against the 49ers the score would have been lopsided. I don't think the Giants stand a chance.

I agree with you on the Patriots game.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
18 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tomtom232
The Giants only won because GB recievers couldn't catch... just like in their loss to the Cheifs. I think if GB had played like that against the 49ers the score would have been lopsided. I don't think the Giants stand a chance.

Yes, the GB receivers dropped balls, but that was not what cost them the game. They were outclassed on both sides of the ball. Even some very fortuitous calls couldn't get them within 17 points. The way the Giants were marching up and down the field in the second half, you got the feeling they could have scored 50.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Jan 12

I wonder what game you watched last week ..............................

U

Moves
18 Jan 12
2 edits

The Giants are look will be close but my thinking now is that the Pats will score 21-24 and that will be enough.
Balanced? The 49ers are very lopsided with a weak offense and a fierce defense. Sure the Saints came up with big plays, but we're talking about the number one offense in the league with a quarterback who just broke Dan Marino's record. The previous week they scored 45 points against the Lions, who just made the top ten for the season for points allowed.

And BTW, those weren't simple oopsy mistakes from the Saints. The 49er's D is hands down the best in the league for forcing turnovers. It wasn't luck. It was relentless pass coverage, pressure on Brees and ball stripping.

As good as the Niners defense is I fully expected the Saints to move the ball and put points on the board. You'd be a fool not to against anybody. What I took from the game wasn't failure of the Niners D, it was Alex Smith and the meek Niners offense proving they can actually get it done when a big game is on the line and it's all up to them.

U

Moves
18 Jan 12

Originally posted by sh76
the Ravens tend to do that. Sometimes they just look completely inept on offense, like they did against Jax a few weeks ago on Monday night and then they can turn it on.

I also don't think they can hold the Pats down to under about 20-24 points (which would be a major victory in itself). More likely, the Pats score at least 27. But the Pats defense is awful ...[text shortened]... d of the Niners.

So, in all, I guess I see a Giants-Pats rematch. Won't that be fun?
The Pats defense is awful for yard allowed, but about average (#15 to be exact) for points allowed.

t

Moves
18 Jan 12

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
Balanced? The 49ers are very lopsided with a weak offense and a fierce defense. Sure the Saints came up with big plays, but we're talking about the number one offense in the league with a quarterback who just broke Dan Marino's record. The previous week they scored 45 points against the Lions, who just made the top ten for the season for points all ...[text shortened]... ng they can actually get it done when a big game is on the line and it's all up to them.
The Niners offense isn't that week. They didn't put up big numbers throughout the season because they played seven top ten defenses.

The Giants defense is not a top ten defense.

@No1 and sh

The drops do cost you the game. They keep you out of rythym and if they were in rythym the Giants would have had to score more than they did which wasn't much considering the defense they were against. The Giants also scored many of those points late after the already shotty GB defense was tired and demoralised because their offense couldn't generate anything.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Jan 12

The Niners offense isn't that week. They didn't put up big numbers throughout the season because they played seven top ten defenses.

The Giants defense is not a top ten defense.

@No1 and sh

The drops do cost you the game. They keep you out of rythym and if they were in rythym the Giants would have had to score more than they did which wasn't much ...[text shortened]... hotty GB defense was tired and demoralised because their offense couldn't generate anything.
The Giants had 20 on the board at halftime. Again, what game were you watching?