Premier League... Spain and L.A. to the rescue?

Premier League... Spain and L.A. to the rescue?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Jan 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Read my post again.

How am I being fooled, if I am already describing him as a pub team defender?

D
Damn... don't be fooled by his price.

I thought it was clear after I said I was embarassed that my team paid so much for him and I suspected it was a puff for fees and commissions amongst representatives.

Read above. I think 30 kilos were a waste of money.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
12 Jan 08

Originally posted by John1916
Now Man Utd ahve so much money they can let other clubs do hte hard work of training young kids and then just buy them
🙄

I haven't seen such a bastardisation of the facts since the Iraq invasion.

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
12 Jan 08

Originally posted by Seitse
Damn... don't be fooled by his price.

I thought it was clear after I said I was embarassed that my team paid so much for him and I suspected it was a puff for fees and commissions amongst representatives.

Read above. I think 30 kilos were a waste of money.
OK.

Maybe look up sarcasm/irony and reread my post.

D

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Jan 08

OK.

Maybe look up sarcasm/irony and reread my post.

D
I was about to recommend the same to you.

DOn't know how old are you, but there's always time 😉

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
12 Jan 08

I was about to recommend the same to you.

DOn't know how old are you, but there's always time 😉
Anyway, I think you both agree that Pepe is rubbish.

I have to say though, are there any defenders out there right now playing better than Vidic and Ferdinand? Surely they would both walk into just about any side in Europe.

Also can anyone from Spain tell me how seriously they think Madrid or Barcelona will make efforts to sign Ronaldo over the next year?

Does the Spanish press think you have a chance of getting him?

I have to tell you that there is absolutely no chance he will be allowed to leave Manchester United for at least 3 years.
Then when he has 18 months of his contract left you could get him for about 30m maybe.

Right now you would need about 80m English pounds on the table to even get David Gill to pick up the phone.

Its not just his ability, its his world appeal and marketing presance that means United would never let him go.

s

6yd box

Moves
12 Jan 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
[b]Anyway, I think you both agree that Pepe is rubbish.

I have to say though, are there any defenders out there right now playing better than Vidic and Ferdinand? Surely they would both walk into just about any side in Europe.
i have been very impressed with the central defensive prtnership of Dunn and Richards at man. city.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
12 Jan 08

Originally posted by spurs73
i have been very impressed with the central defensive prtnership of Dunn and Richards at man. city.
True. Richards is really one for the future though. I think his impressive physicallity (pace and strenght) is getting him out of a lot of positional errors brought about due to his youth and inexperience. He's definitely going to be one of the top defenders in the world in the coming years.

Dunne is superb lately. I think it was Pearce that got his career back on track, after Dunney turned up for training drunk.

Toure and Gallas are also excellent. Obviously, Terry and Carvalho are up there.

D

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
12 Jan 08

Originally posted by spurs73
I have to say that when United played City, Richards completely dominated our attackers.

Richards was awesome and I think he has the ability to be a truely great player in the coming years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea go for him in the summer.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Jan 08

So, any thoughts on Anelka's transfer to Chelsea?

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
12 Jan 08

So, any thoughts on Anelka's transfer to Chelsea?
Its a good buy for now.
He offers pace that Chelsea need up front.
He will feed off Drogba quite well I think, or a striker like Drogba if he leaves.
He's also good as a lone striker.
It must mean the end for Sheva though, I can't see them playing in the same side.
However he is not good enough as a long term solution for Chelsea.

I just get the feeling its a signing of convenience.
I wouldn't be that happy if he signed for United, Tevez and Rooney are better.

Anelka is not in the class of:-
Torres, Eto, Henry, Rooney, Totti, Trezeguet, Van Nistelrooy and Drogba

If Chelsea do still plan do dominate world football then long term they will buy better players than Anelka.

Lets see who Chelsea buy in the summer.

s

6yd box

Moves
13 Jan 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Its a good buy for now.
He offers pace that Chelsea need up front.
He will feed off Drogba quite well I think, or a striker like Drogba if he leaves.
He's also good as a lone striker.
It must mean the end for Sheva though, I can't see them playing in the same side.
However he is not good enough as a long term solution for Chelsea.

I just ...[text shortened]... ong term they will buy better players than Anelka.

Lets see who Chelsea buy in the summer.
agree with you regarding Shev.... but i think Anelka will do well for them as they like a big guy upfront because of the style of they play.. 4-5-1.

you need a big guy upfront if you play that style. anyway lets see what happens.

tonights game has made this into a 3 horse race.. liverpuds are falling away FAST and Arsenal seems to have lost of of their recent EDGE... by chelsea have got the winning habit back.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Jan 08

LOL, you expect me to treat a Spurs fan like some kind of all knowing football writer?

If you expect me to change my opinion of him, admit that he is prone to some disgraceful defending and we might move on from there. Did you watch the Copa Del Rey match, I referred to?

D
No. I expect you to educate yourself, because what you say is in blatant contradiction with the opinion of most commentators, both amateur ones (like this one and my own opinion, which I don't care to repeat to infinity) and professional ones (like the examples I already gave).

I didn't see the game, but I believe you that Pepe had a very poor match in that game, sure, but apparently the whole team played horribly. To say that he is a "pub team" player because he didn't perform in a cup game only reveals ignorance, because he has been performing extremely well in the recent league games.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
13 Jan 08

Ok, the Premier League is slowly winning my heart, and most of the joy I receive from it comes from tremendus "sparkly" players of the like of Ces Fabregas, Alonso, Tevez, Torres, etc.

English football (I mean the Premier, because the national team sucks) has more and more players that do not play like robots and kick the ball 40 meters in the air hoping f ...[text shortened]... tter thanks to the Spaniards and other players (and coaches!) from the "warm territories"?
L.A.? I thought this thread had some connection to California.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
13 Jan 08

[b]True. Richards is really one for the future though. I think his impressive physicallity (pace and strenght) is getting him out of a lot of positional errors brought about due to his youth and inexperience.
I agree totally with this comment Rag...

However, is there only Spurs73 and myself that refuse to jump on the Ferdinand bandwaggon?
It's all hype - surely?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Jan 08

Originally posted by blade68
However, is there only Spurs73 and myself that refuse to jump on the Ferdinand bandwaggon?
It's all hype - surely?
If Ferdinand is such a weak link, how is it that United have by far and away the best defensive record in the league? Also bearing in mind that our captain and first choice right back has been missing all season, and that we usually play with at least 4 attacking players (for example: Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Giggs).

What exactly do you think is wrong with Ferdinand, apart from the fact that you wouldn't like to engage in a style of war with him which is over 100 years old? And can you give concrete examples of these deficiencies?

D