Premiership predictions

Premiership predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E
YNWA

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by Palynka
The fact that Liverpool has been playing conservately for the last seasons is the very reason why they are NOT title contenders. Your goal scoring problems are an obvious result of this.
Do you know of any good statistics websites? I'd like to look at LFC's attempts to goals ratio versus other teams. http://www.footballanorak.com/ looks good but I can't figure out how to view past seasons on it.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
This is a Spanish-Portugese thing isn't it?
PortugUese.

And no. I love Spain.

E
YNWA

Moves
22 Aug 07
1 edit

No, not at all.

The fact that Liverpool has been playing conservately for the last seasons is the very reason why they are NOT title contenders. Your goal scoring problems are an obvious result of this.
Do you know of any good statistics websites? I'd like to look at LFC's attempts to goals ratio versus other teams. http://www.footballanorak.com/ looks good but I can't figure out how to view past seasons on it.

Our goal scoring problems are due to not having any goal scorers, or many decent attackers. If Rafa plays conservatively it's because he knows where our strengths are.

edit: post button seems to be playing up.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Aug 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee

Our goal scoring problems are due to not having any goal scorers, or many decent attackers. If Rafa plays conservatively it's because he knows where our strengths are.

edit: post button seems to be playing up.
We've all seen the matches, no?

Liverpool has a large number of shots/attempts from outside the area (Gerrard, Riise, etc.), which logical have lower goal/attempt ratio. This is also a reflection of your tactical system. It's not a statistic of how many attempts that tells the whole tale.

If Rafa plays conservatively it's because he knows where our strengths are.
And your weaknesses. How many good strikers have been at Liverpool? Cisse and Morientes were excellent strikers, why weren't they good enough?

AB

Moves
23 Aug 07

And your weaknesses. How many good strikers have been at Liverpool? Cisse and Morientes were excellent strikers, why weren't they good enough?
Morientes is an excellent striker but clearly wasn't cut out for the premiership - no pace, no strength. Cisse was and is hugely overrated. Faster than the speed of light but no touch, wayward shooting, couldn't head the ball, poor passer and a stroppy git to boot.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Aug 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy
Morientes is an excellent striker but clearly wasn't cut out for the premiership - no pace, no strength. Cisse was and is hugely overrated. Faster than the speed of light but no touch, wayward shooting, couldn't head the ball, poor passer and a stroppy git to boot.
They're never good enough at Liverpool, but seem good before and after. Let's see how long Torres holds on.

s

6yd box

Moves
23 Aug 07
1 edit

They're never good enough at Liverpool, but seem good before and after. Let's see how long Torres holds on.
LOL.....Torres... i will give him till january.. then 3 goals from 20 games..is gona have the guns out!!

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by spurs73
LOL.....Torres... i will give him till january.. then 3 goals from 20 games..is gona have the guns out!!
lol... You may be right.
Maybe Liverpool will buy Berbatov next in the January transfer window, you can always rely on Spurs when in a crisis. ROFL πŸ˜€

s

6yd box

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
lol... You may be right.
Maybe Liverpool will buy Berbatov next in the January transfer window, you can always rely on Spurs when in a crisis. ROFL πŸ˜€
O! my.. look what’s crawled out from the bottom of the rock.
Went all quite when United lost to CITY didn’t you, now you have won a game you are back on this forum.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
28 Aug 07
2 edits

Originally posted by spurs73
O! my.. look what’s crawled out from the bottom of the rock.
Went all quite when United lost to CITY didn’t you, now you have won a game you are back on this forum.
Thats right, you can always rely on a Spurs home or away game to lift your spirits and your teams place in the tableπŸ™‚

Can we play you ever week?
Caaaaaaaaaan we play you every week?

I also think Wes Brown proved he's a candidate to take Robinsons England number 1 shirt.
Englands No1, England, Englands number 1!

sc

where angels play

Moves
28 Aug 07

Your braging about your teams inability to win games fairly?

s

6yd box

Moves
28 Aug 07

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
LOL! Nice one sally cinnamon!

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
29 Aug 07

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
Having been to hundreds of live games I'm trying to convey a little of the banter that goes on between fans.

You take any advantage you can and make a joke of it.

Its what fans do on the terraces, a joke.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
29 Aug 07

Having been to hundreds of live games I'm trying to convey a little of the banter that goes on between fans.

Are you saying Man U fans are a joke?

sc

where angels play

Moves
29 Aug 07

Been going to Anfield and standing on the kop since i was 11 and i cant ever recall singing about any player because they have cheated. Must just be the old trafford and stretford end mentality, which would be hard as you dont really hear much singing at old trafford any more.