Rugby Season

Rugby Season

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
27 Aug 08

week after week refereeing decisions making it impossible for us to play our game.
He did allow butch james to tackle high... even the uk media thought he should have gone off...
despite a good tight game the aussies did it South Africa 15 Wallabies 27..
Aus with a game in hand one pt behind NZ.

m

Moves
30 Aug 08

What a turnaround, S.A, 53 Australia 8.
It becomes a little difficult to believe the Aussies were really there to play, although I cant imagine Deans telling them to throw a test just to make the Allblacks complacent.
S. A. are a class team and last night they played like they meant it. Good on them for restoring a bit of pride.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
01 Sep 08

Originally posted by muppyman
It becomes a little difficult to believe the Aussies were really there to play, although I cant imagine Deans telling them to throw a test just to make the Allblacks complacent.
S. A. are a class team and last night they played like they meant it. Good on them for restoring a bit of pride.
Chatting with ex western province rep Charl Visser today..hadn't seen him in years.

He couldnt believe the turn around but still doesn't rate the current SA regime.. says they will always be hot and cold until they get a harder management coaching team... says they lack pride at the moment.. with pride comes consistency.. the shame of defeat inspired this victory but shame is negative and pride is positive and leads to a more permenant performance base... made a lot of sense..

He believed the ABs are finding pride but again doesn;t think Henry is the one to instil pride by leadership.

lol I have to confess that after all my comments about Robbie Deans.. he wouldn't be inspiring an ice cream maker at the moment.

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
02 Sep 08

Great display by the Springboks. Far superior in all aspects of the game and murdered us like a pack of bums.
One can only hope the Aussies will lift their game in the future. They cant do much worse.
Its wierd, they win one, and get smacked in the next.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
03 Sep 08

What a romp.. but have to say Samoa Rolled over in uncharacteristic style: Story from NZCity.co.nz:

The All Blacks appear to have come through their comprehensive 101-14 win over Samoa in New Plymouth without any fresh injury concerns.

The All Blacks rarely got out of third gear in their 15 tries to two romp. Mils Muliaina and Anthony Tuitavake were substituted after taking knocks in the first-half, but coach Graham Henry says neither were seriously hurt. Anthony Boric had a sore shoulder, but they should have a fit squad for the Tri-Nations decider in Brisbane.

All Blacks prop Greg Somerville says despite the nature of the win, the match should keep its test status. Somerville says although the Samoan's did not test them on the scoreboard they still view it as a test. It was Greg Somerville's last test in New Zealand before joining English club Gloucester at the end of the year.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
11 Sep 08

All on for Saturday Night. http://www.rugbyheaven.co.nz/0a22448.html
Mortlock at 2nd five against Nonu.. that will be worth a watch indeed.

t

Moves
13 Sep 08

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
All on for Saturday Night. http://www.rugbyheaven.co.nz/0a22448.html
Mortlock at 2nd five against Nonu.. that will be worth a watch indeed.
Whew - what a great game!

Aussies could have won this - Robbie Deans has certainly got a team to go forward with!

s

6yd box

Moves
13 Sep 08

Originally posted by treetalk
Whew - what a great game!

Aussies could have won this - Robbie Deans has certainly got a team to go forward with!
YES a great game of rubgy...lots of handling mistaks by both teams in the second half...but overall a great game of free flowing rugby

Glade to say i got it all wrong about the ALL BLACKS😉

m

Moves
13 Sep 08

A titanic struggle, I think when both these teams are giving it their best effort, the winner will always be Rugby. The Wallabies are obviously past their disaster in S.A. and it augers well for the future of our game. It doesn't matter who won, it was a hell of a test. Good on ya Aussies, you sure made us earn that one the hard way.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
13 Sep 08

Hard yacker all the way. Milestone too as the team was unchanged for 4 games.. it does make a difference to team play and showed.

Deans new combo worked well I liked Mortlock at 2nd five he's a big fast unit with plenty of play making abilty.. gives them options.

I still think NZ needs to work on set play esp attacks and the the defensive lines aren't crossing fast enough or deep enough.. but huge improvement and from 5 or 6 games ago when they got a zero they've earned some respect and big 8/10..... keep it coming guys

m

Moves
14 Sep 08

A bit off topic, but how about the Warriors doing it to the Melbourne Storm? How hard will that be to put up with?

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
14 Sep 08

A bit off topic, but how about the Warriors doing it to the Melbourne Storm? How hard will that be to put up with?
I got up this morning to that news ...I'm really pleased as it'll put the accountant at work in a very good mood to start the week haha

m

Moves
19 Sep 08

and there go the Roosters back to their coop, can this go much further????

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
20 Sep 08

and there go the Roosters back to their coop, can this go much further????
Go the Warriors!
I hate every other team left, so i hope they belt Manly next week.
How good is old man Wiki going? Great hits last night.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
20 Sep 08

Originally posted by lordhighgus
Go the Warriors!
I hate every other team left, so i hope they belt Manly next week.
How good is old man Wiki going? Great hits last night.
Yeah they played good but wont come close to beating the eagles next week.
Manly are gunna a take it to another level.

Now lets just hope the broncos win tonight.

I'm still not sure of the warriors beards ,what is that for.