1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 16:441 edit
    I hope the 6 nations champions that played today is not a true reflection of current Northern Hemisphere rugby, because then you boys are in trouble.

The scoreline flattering the Welsh a bit, as it should've been about 60-10 if the boks had just used the ample chances given by the Welsh.
    Still, it was a bok side in their first match of the season and we only had a team of about 75% 'strength' - with the likes of Matfield, vd Linde and Montgomery on the bench and Burger and du Preez (both regarded as the best in world rugby in their respective positions) both still injured, so we should get that score in the next test.
    Can't wait!
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 01:52
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I hope the 6 nations champions that played today is not a true reflection of current Northern Hemisphere rugby, because then you boys are in trouble.

The scoreline flattering the Welsh a bit, as it should've been about 60-10 if the boks had just used the ample chances given by the Welsh.
    Still, it was a bok side in their first match of the season and we ...[text shortened]... ve positions) both still injured, so we should get that score in the next test.
    Can't wait!
    we just can't compete againt you boys...its been like that for years... not sure why?!:'(
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 13:36
    Originally posted by spurs73
    we just can't compete againt you boys...its been like that for years... not sure why?!:'(
    I wouldn't say that... Just look what England did in '02-'03 with a big, strong bunch of forwards and some 'negative' play...
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 15:45
    I wouldn't say that... Just look what England did in '02-'03 with a big, strong bunch of forwards and some 'negative' play...
    anyway looking forword to the tri-nations. should be between SA and the Aussies...cant see the All-Blacks in the running this year
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 16:191 edit
    anyway looking forword to the tri-nations. should be between SA and the Aussies...cant see the All-Blacks in the running this year
    Dude, did you not see the New Zealand teams in the Super 14?
    If they can transform that good form over into an All Black unit they will be unstoppable...
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 18:43
    Dude, did you not see the New Zealand teams in the Super 14?
    If they can transform that good form over into an All Black unit they will be unstoppable...
    i know they had some key players missing in the game against ireland yesterday but they just dont look as through they have the edge this year.

I was impressed with SA on saturday
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 19:49
    i know they had some key players missing in the game against ireland yesterday but they just dont look as through they have the edge this year.

I didn't see the game, but it was like playing in a flooding river apparently..? Wait until the likes of Nonu, Carter, Rokocoko, Mulliaina, Tuitavake and Sivivatu have a run on a nice sunny day and you WILL be impressed...
  8. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 20:36

I wasn't. They were made to look good by a very poor Welsh side. I'll reserve judgement until they come up against the ABs.
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 22:26
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    I wasn't. They were made to look good by a very poor Welsh side. I'll reserve judgement until they come up against the ABs.
    well a sign of a good team (in any sport) is that when they are faced with 'poor' opposition they can hammer them.

SA were all over Wales yesterday.

Looking fw to all the tri-nations games..still think it will be close games against the Aussies....
  10. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 20:09
    ABs play England Saturday with Sommerville back in for an injured John Afoa at prop but otherwise an unchanged lineup since Ireland. Nonu's presence has fired up the back line.
    (why they sent him with the b's instead of the wc team mystified NZ.)
    The crafty Rob Andrew at caretaker coach may have his work cut out as the weather this week is cold sunny and fine - superb running weather!!
    Fine too in Melbourne for Aus v Ireland
    Robbie Deans is already getting big smiles from his senior players..less meetings less talk and more hard work.. and they like it. He looks to be going to inject some new form players after only one week in the job.
    A great week end ahead so I'll go with the gut and stick my neck out 🙂

NZ 36 Eng 18
    Aus 42 Ire 12
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 23:37
    NZ 28 - Eng 19
    Aus 21 - Ire 18
    SA 33 - Wal 21
    Arg 29 - Sco 15
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 06:04
    NZ 28 - Eng 19
    Aus 21 - Ire 18
    SA 33 - Wal 21
    Arg 29 - Sco 15
    NZ....30 Eng.....20
    Aus...30 Ire.....10
    SA.....40 Wal....10
    Arg....20 Sco.....18
  13. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 08:481 edit
    arg 12 sco 12 😴 😴
    SA 28 Wal 32 😛 😛
    Not likely results but if I had to bet $5 I'd go where I'd make the money lol.
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 15:39
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    arg 12 sco 12 😴 😴
    SA 28 Wal 32 😛 😛
    Not likely results but if I had to bet $5 I'd go where I'd make the money lol.
    SA to lose to wales...cant see it Dan..just cant see it......
  15. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 19:45
    SA to lose to wales...cant see it Dan..just cant see it......
    I'm just teasing Crowley 😉 but it would be a giggle to see them do it and it is possible they'll bounce back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree