Rugby Season

Rugby Season

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
27 Jul 08

Originally posted by Crowley
You and me both, buddy.

Didn't see the game and I must say I'm very surprised. No matter the coach, the Aussies shouldn't be beating the boks and all blacks now.
Get used to it Crowley,The Wallabies are playing a more attacking game under Deans and this is enabling those attacking players to get involved more,where before they were not seeing much ball.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
27 Jul 08

Originally posted by boarman
Get used to it Crowley,The Wallabies are playing a more attacking game under Deans and this is enabling those attacking players to get involved more,where before they were not seeing much ball.
Yep thats Dean's way... even the most sceptical aussie players who didn't want him over there are admitting he is marvellous. He coaches players in a way that caters for their individual talents but insists on hard work at training. But!!!! they love it because for once all the players are having fun at sessions which they haven't for a very long time.
Deans leaned it under the like of Grizz Wylie during the long Ranfurly Shield reign at Canterbury then as coach for Canty Crsdrs and learned a fair bit from John Mitchell as his asst but also learned from Mitchells over dominant approach.
You lucky beggars over the ditch will have him through the next world cup and you'll get better and better.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
29 Jul 08
2 edits

Early warning sirens sounding over Auckland City Wahhh Urrrrrr Wahhh Urrrr
War (waugh) is coming to Eden Park !!!!!

Yep this is the biggest game this season.. Deans is coming back to NZ to rub Henry's nose in the Eden Park dirt.

What have we got in store for the game:

Graeme Henry has rung in the changes again reverting to a similar lineup to his losing combinations from 07 WC.. Weepu is back, McCaw is back and the idiot has put his best player from last week out on the wing.. yes Muliana is on the wing and Leon MacDonald is at full back.

Meanwhile over the ditch, Robbie has warhorse Waugh and Sterling Captain Warlock Mortlock back.
He states in the press:
Re McCaw's return: the key to nullifying McCaw is accuracy (They are going to tackle hard and run hard)
Re Muliana: the selection shows the All Blacks will not run the ball back at them so often this week and will bring a more percentage-based approach, returning kicks with kicks. (The Aussies will run and chip the alway flat line of the abs)
Re The Eden Park War... he has had hostile receptions at Eden Park before and whatever he gets he is looking forward to it.

Oh yes that says it all.. it is War this weekend. The only kind of acceptable war. That which stirs manhood and mud and churns out a sh't fight that we'll be lovin' almost as much as ladies jelly wrestling at the Hooterville Pub.

Lets get outrageous in our predictions...

NZ 20 - Aus 36 (high 16 pt plus spread)
Mortlock first try under the sticks with less than 10 mins on.

Henry sacked by the end of the year.
Wishful whistful thought though polls here now show 79% want him gone... so imagine the vote if he gets done this weekend.

STOP PRESS!! AS I POST NEWS IS LEON MACDONALD IS OUT INJURED SO MORE CHANGES TO BE ANNOUNCED.

s

6yd box

Moves
30 Jul 08

[i]Originally posted by Tirau Dan[/i

Oh yes that says it all.. it is War this weekend. The only kind of acceptable war. That which stirs manhood and mud and churns out a sh't fight that we'll be lovin' .......

Lets get outrageous in our predictions...
I like that Dan..so true... cant waite.

OK predictions: NZ....15 AUS....30

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
30 Jul 08

I think the ABs will knuckle down and won't allow the wallabies to turn over possession and run at them all the time.

NZ 27 - AUS 25

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
30 Jul 08

Going to be a great game,but i dont think the Wallabies will dominate like you Kiwi's think.

Im predicting a score of Wallabies 27....All Blacks 22

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
30 Jul 08

Going to be a great game,but i dont think the Wallabies will dominate like you Kiwi's think.

Im predicting a score of Wallabies 27....All Blacks 22
Most Kiwis are staying away from rugby in their droves in disgust.
Even the commentators are speechless.. they depend on the popularity of the game for their jobs so try their best to support the abs,, but Henry keeps embarrassing them.

Even the players have gone to France and UK... they don;t want a bar of it.

Our grounds now are only 70-80% capacity for tests.. with gate sales taking it to maybe 90%.. this is just anti henry feeling in NZ, but many many still love the abs and hate aussie so they support despite henry.

I'm only guessing but I think Australians with confidence, good coaching and not injuries must slaughter, nz with doubt, no game plan or confidence and no real team base thanks to constant and continual rotations.

NZ at the moment is a bunch of good players thrown on the field and told to do good. The only thing that gets them through is blind panic. Its the saddest time in the history of the All Blacks.

I'd love it if NZ did win well but all that would indicate Aus fell over badly in some way and Henry would gloat himsef through to the next WC.. He must lose if we are to get rid of the guy.

I just can't see this game being close.. the abs will go down big time maybe even more than 20. The more the merrier.

But if I were to say this in a provincial rugby club I'd get thumped.. the die hards hate bad talk of the abs and will support blindly til the end.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
01 Aug 08

Stormy filthy wet weather at Eden Park tonight.
Muliana back at full back where he belongs (MacDonalds head has a history of being injured!!)
Richard Kahui playing at Right Wing for the first time since lower grades.. picked ahead of two speciallist rt wings in the squad)
hooker Andrew Hore and halfback Jimmy Cowan are in.
With Ritchie McCaw back the ABs are really at their strongest possible..
Watch this boy Kahui.. he's from Waikato.. runs like an express train and tackles like a small energizer man crossed with a V8 bulldozer on red bull.

These injury enforced changes may be the saving of the team tonight but I still think the Aussies have it together and are really pumped up for the game.. The ABs will panic and play like headless chickens even with Ritchie back.

Good Luck - this is going to be a cracker!!!

l
Kara Thrace &

her special destiny

Moves
02 Aug 08

NZ 39 AUS 10.

The All Blacks whacked bejesus out of us. Well done.

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
02 Aug 08

Totally outplayed all over the park.
The Wallabies just didnt show up tonight.
Dan Carter proved just how good he is with an unbelievable kicking game.
Richie McCaw showed how much the All Blacks need him on the field.

Great victory by the much better team.

In regards to the ref i think that last try sums everything up.

South Africa certainly had a vested interest in this game .
Enough said about the ref though,the Wallabies were just out enthused,out thought and totally outplayed.
Full credit to the All Blacks

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
02 Aug 08

In regards to the ref i think that last try sums everything up.

South Africa certainly had a vested interest in this game .
It sums what up? The ref referred to the TMO who ruled it a try.

The Wallabies were hammered.

m

Moves
02 Aug 08

Dear oh dear, I do hope this wont put too big a spoke in the wheel of Tirau Dan's crusade against Henry. 🙂

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
03 Aug 08

Damn, I knew the ABs would bounce back, just didn't think they would wipe the wallabies off the park...

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by buffalobill
It sums what up? The ref referred to the TMO who ruled it a try.

The Wallabies were hammered.
I said the Wallabies were outplayed,would just like to have seen more consistent refereeing.
Wallabies were penalised at the breakdown for same things the AB'S were getting away with.These decisions wouldnt of changed the result in any way,the Wallabies committed far too many turnovers,unforced errors and like you said ... smashed.

But in reference to future Tri Nations games,maybe refs from the Northern Hemishere could be appointed.(just a thought)

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
03 Aug 08
1 edit

Wallabies were penalised at the breakdown

But in reference to future Tri Nations games,maybe refs from the Northern Hemishere could be appointed.(just a thought)
Best post you've made in months!

I unfortunately didn't watch the game, but if the wallabies got penalised at the break-down, they at last got pinged for what they got away with against us.