1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 Jun '08 09:361 edit
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    I'm just teasing Crowley 😉 but it would be a giggle to see them do it and it is possible they'll bounce back.
    😀

Hey, the Welsh team gelling is a pretty decent side, they do have a chance of beating the boks if they can give the likes of Shane Williams a bit of ball and space.
    That said, the boks look very solid at the moment and they'd have to basically implode for that to happen...
  2. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    12 Jun '08 19:451 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    😀

Hey, the Welsh team gelling is a pretty decent side, they do have a chance of beating the boks if they can give the likes of Shane Williams a bit of ball and space.
    That said, the boks look very solid at the moment and they'd have to basically implode for that to happen...
    My theory is that the power of the boks rocked Wales in the first test.. Warren Gatland won't let them suffer that in the second and the player should be steeled and ready.. they must surely know that and know that if they don't harden up fast they are going home to the coal pits.
  3. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    12 Jun '08 20:42
    My theory is that the power of the boks rocked Wales in the first test.. Warren Gatland won't let them suffer that in the second and the player should be steeled and ready.. they must surely know that and know that if they don't harden up fast they are going home to the coal pits.
    Tactically, Wales were all at sea and completely underdone. I think they'll be better prepared and a sterner test for SA and their new coach.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 Jun '08 21:41
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    Tactically, Wales were all at sea and completely underdone. I think they'll be better prepared and a sterner test for SA and their new coach.
    It was weird, eh? It was like watching Affies or Grey College playing the boks.

You know these guys have talent and some depth, but they seemed nervous and even scared of the boks at times - meaning they made dreadful tactical mistakes, many handling errors and overall just seemed to always be on the back foot...
  5. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    14 Jun '08 23:281 edit
    Couldn't see the Wales game but reports show a much better showing.

Still too many silly errors from the abs.. They were rampant, all over the English but were rubbish in the line-outs, all-at-sea tactically and really should have tightened up to ram the game home.. Ojo should never have been given that last intercept.

Rob Andrew looked devastated... haha instead of him suggesting the abs need to get over their wc loss.. he should get over the England win.

PS.. Has Ojo got the skilled to be used at 2nd 5/8th.. that would give England more punch.. can the guy tackle? we only got to see him twice last night .. he can run!!
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 00:02
    Couldn't see the Wales game but reports show a much better showing.

Still too many silly errors from the abs.. They were rampant, all over the English but were rubbish in the line-outs, all-at-sea tactically and really should have tightened up to ram the game home.. Ojo should never have been given that last intercept.

Rob Andrew looked devastated... ...[text shortened]... ngland more punch.. can the guy tackle? we only got to see him twice last night .. he can run!!
    Want to play the prediction game with me, Dan?

We can get it going before the Tri Nations starts. It's a pretty simple game me and a few of my mates use to play.

It's works like this:

This game works like golf, the lower your score, the better you did… A perfect score is -3 per game.
    Predicting the correct result will earn you -1 points, the wrong result +1
    Predicting a team score correctly earns you -1
    For every 5 points (or part thereof) that you are off in your prediction of every teams' score, you get +1
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    15 Jun '08 11:14
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Want to play the prediction game with me, Dan?

We can get it going before the Tri Nations starts. It's a pretty simple game me and a few of my mates use to play.

It's works like this:

This game works like golf, the lower your score, the better you did… A perfect score is -3 per game.
    Predicting the correct result will earn you -1 points ...[text shortened]... thereof) that you are off in your prediction of every teams' score, you get +1
    Too right,, I'm in..

Did okay on the England game but the others were wayward lol.
    Scotland did well.
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 12:43
    Too right,, I'm in..

Did okay on the England game but the others were wayward lol.
    Scotland did well.
    Well, here's the scores so far: http://www.aargh.co.za/games/PredictionGame.htm

We all did OK, 'par for the course' is usually +3 per game when my firends and I used to play.
  9. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 11:31
    That's fun.. good game.. thanks for scoring on that site ..
    So how are we going this weekend..

The new players are getting a run against England ..some major changes and rotations for both teams.

England 20 v NZ 28
  10. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 13:32
    That's fun.. good game.. thanks for scoring on that site ..
    So how are we going this weekend..

The new players are getting a run against England ..some major changes and rotations for both teams.

England 20 v NZ 28
    The Italy match will be interesting to predict a score for... Boks should break 60+, but they might try some fringe player and that will maybe affect the scoreline. Interesting.

SA 78 Ita 17

New Zealand will be too strong for the new faces in the English side.

NZ 31 Eng 13

Come on guys, would anyone else be interested in jumping in on the Prediction Game? Especially those interested in the Tri Nations coming up...

Win bragging rights among the RHP community...
    If enough people are interested, I could build us a little web interface for the game, as it runs from Excel now.
  11. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 20:41
    Scandal here as an incident in an Auckland Hilton Hotel room involving 4 English Players is being investigated by police detectives... ooooooo

SA 42 Italy 9
  12. Joined
    08 Aug '07
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 00:20
    Scandal here as an incident in an Auckland Hilton Hotel room involving 4 English Players is being investigated by police detectives... ooooooo

SA 42 Italy 9
    Apparently 4 or 5 English players got lucky during their stay here. They went out to training and when they came back they went running into rooms, whipping off the duvets from on top of the half-naked women, and running around the hotel floor with the duvets until told off by the hotel maids, whereupon they apologised. The whole thing was supposedly just a bit of fun, with teammates prodding fun at the ones who had scored the night before.
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 01:23
    I am in

SA..50 ITA...15
    NZ...30 ENG...20
  14. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 06:10
    Originally posted by JonoKyle
    Apparently 4 or 5 English players got lucky during their stay here. They went out to training and when they came back they went running into rooms, whipping off the duvets from on top of the half-naked women, and running around the hotel floor with the duvets until told off by the hotel maids, whereupon they apologised. The whole thing was supposedly just a bit of fun, with teammates prodding fun at the ones who had scored the night before.
    haha that's lots more than the press got hold of..lol.. are you a bell hop at the hilton and did you take photos ??? share share :-)
  15. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    21 Jun '08 02:05
    Now it appears the matter surrounds a serious sexual assault investigation and they won't talk to police on rfu and legal advice but surely their unacceptable behaviour warrants that management should isolate them from the tour party effectively suspending them pending criminal charges. They don't seem to get it that in this country the absence a complaint from the woman at the time doesn't stop criminal investigation and charges. Many women don't complain at the time due to fear and confusion but do later our law allows for that by taking out the complaint aspect. If the offence took place these guys could be facing time in NZ prison.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/2160613/England-rugby-players-refuse-to-speak-to-New-Zealand-police-over-rape-allegation.html

I see Rob Andrew is getting a caning for his lack of control over the team.
    Not a memorable sporting tour this one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree