....and what a hammering we got this morning๐Ÿ˜ณ
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Jun '08 11:17
    Originally posted by spurs73
    ....and what a hammering we got this morning๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Woohoo, My prediction was closest again!

WINNER!

Yeah, it was a pretty good hammering, but it could've been interesting if England had used the chances they made for themselves...
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Jun '08 17:111 edit
    Cold, wet, slippery weather in Cape Town, plus some second-string players in both camps, turned the Italy vs. SA game into a frustration fest.

The Italians didn't relly help proceedings in the way they played. Negative play, especially at the breakdowns, which they should not have gotten away with (Northern Hemisphere referees apparently don't care about this - Italy should've received a few yellow cards).
    The Italians looked like they came with the plan of slowing the game down by any means possible and kicked away all their possession and they seemed to attempt to end the game 0-0 like a soccer game.
    It was very negative and I hope we don't do them any favours in future by giving them a game against us...

That said, the boks played horribly and they need to go and practice playing in wet conditions if they want to beat the all blacks at home...
  4. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 09:03
    Originally posted by Crowley
    [b
    That said, the boks played horribly and they need to go and practice playing in wet conditions if they want to beat the all blacks at home...[/b]
    They were very loose and Steyn was terrible at fly-half. He really is a much better fullback. Also, the rolling maul which the Italians were clueless against, won't work against the ABs. On this performance the ABs will walk over SA.
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 17:02
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    They were very loose and Steyn was terrible at fly-half. He really is a much better fullback. Also, the rolling maul which the Italians were clueless against, won't work against the ABs. On this performance the ABs will walk over SA.
    Yeah, Frans just isn't cutting it at flyhalf. The guy has oodles of talent and he can play there if we REALLY have no-one else, but I also like him more at fullback and even outside center...

It was a frustrating match, because we probably went out to play expansive rugby, but the conditions didn't suit.
    It has been a springbok problem for years, in that we can't adapt to conditions if they are not what we prepared in. VERY irritating.

These rules are also a big source of frustration, as I'm used to the ELV's now - they really did make the game more expansive, ala Super14...
  6. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 20:25
    Okay here we go.. big game : SA v NZ
    thoughts and predictions.

NZ have rotated again, starting several fresh players.

I seriously hope nz gets gets mauled to shreds but predict a tight dour encounter full of mistakes and whistle blowing. SA will tackle us off the park.
    22-18 to SA with one of us giving the ref a drubbing. hee hee.
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 22:12
    NZ 30 - 22 SA

More the heart talking than the head. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think both teams (in the forwards especially - as much for the win as for psychological bragging rights for the rest of the TN)) will go 100 miles an hour bashing the hell out of each other for 60 minutes or so with fatigue playing a part in the last 15 or so ... this could be a return to the old days of brute force and sheer will to succeed over 'smart' rugby and tactical nous ...

But I'm usually completely wrong! ๐Ÿ˜€

Either which way, there'll be a lot of beer drunk and shouting at the TV. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  8. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    02 Jul '08 11:03
    Either which way, there'll be a lot of beer drunk and shouting at the TV. ๐Ÿ˜‰[/b]
    Oh Yes.. that's for sure. Except for me having to work until 10pm ugh ๐Ÿ™
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    02 Jul '08 11:44
    Sheet.

I don't think I can call this. Both teams could walk away with it if the ball falls right for them...
    Isn't it bloody cold there now? If it's a cold and wet day I will give it to the ABs in a close game, but as I'm tasked with a prediction, I'm gonna go for:

SA 21 - NZ 17
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    02 Jul '08 16:27
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    Okay here we go.. big game : SA v NZ
    thoughts and predictions.

NZ have rotated again, starting several fresh players.

I seriously hope nz gets gets mauled to shreds but predict a tight dour encounter full of mistakes and whistle blowing. SA will tackle us off the park.
    22-18 to SA with one of us giving the ref a drubbing. hee hee.
    will be close..
    i go for SA...21..... NZ 20
  11. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 06:59
    Originally posted by spurs73
    will be close..
    i go for SA...21..... NZ 20
    lol we're all calling it close but I still have the notion buried in my (big fat) gut that the abs will romp away with this one.. they do seem hungry for lost pride and Mils is back at Full Back..

We've enjoyed the brief company of some fellas from Blomf't over here for the game.. they are betting on a close win to the boks with a good dust up and lots of bleating at the ref ..haha but mentioned that the bok team has been neutered by having to select blacks in the front row ahead of bigger strong white guys. Maybe I missed something in the super14 but I don't recall the dominance they alluded to over nz teams. ?? I think it's not all power now.. it's about mobility.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Jul '08 09:39
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    the bok team has been neutered by having to select blacks in the front row ahead of bigger strong white guys. Maybe I missed something in the super14 but I don't recall the dominance they alluded to over nz teams. ?? I think it's not all power now.. it's about mobility.
    Naah, that's bull. Steenkamp, 'Beast' and Mujati are all good scrummagers.
    The best team we have is over there.

If any team has a dominant scrum at the moment it's the all blacks. You guys are seriously solid now.
  13. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 23:211 edit
    Looks like the weather will be a big influence ... going to be some sore forwards tomorrow morning!
  14. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 23:35
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Naah, that's bull. Steenkamp, 'Beast' and Mujati are all good scrummagers.
    The best team we have is over there.

If any team has a dominant scrum at the moment it's the all blacks. You guys are seriously solid now.
    Good to hear that about SA.. not sure if we'll have enough power though.
  15. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    04 Jul '08 23:36
    Originally posted by treetalk
    Looks like the weather will be a big influence ... going to be some sore forwards tomorrow morning!
    oo yeah... it's going to be freezing cold, soaking wet and blowing a gale... brilliant weather for a romp on the rugby paddock... where's me boots.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree