Scottish football should be split up

Scottish football should be split up

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Is this a joke? Celtic would take teams like Blackpool, Cardiff, Boro, Wolves, Villa, or
any other second rate Angle team to the cleaners.
how many of celtic team that played against aberdeen in the 1-1 draw would you call a premier league player? and how many would get in a top 10 team?

rc

Moves
04 Mar 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
how many of celtic team that played against aberdeen in the 1-1 draw would you call a premier league player? and how many would get in a top 10 team?
All of them, you see, Celtic are a team, not a group if individuals. Celtic were merely
unlucky, second rate EPL teams are mince.

st johnstone

Moves
04 Mar 12

All of them, you see, Celtic are a team, not a group if individuals. Celtic were merely
oh robbie, celtic are mince got everything on a plate this year because they spent more money in the last few years than the rest of scotland combined. look at their results against second rate teams in europe, their lawyers got them through, i am patriotic but scotland is miles behind the epl in money, talent and excitment, bolton or blackburn would currently win our top league in a canter, think the guy who said about scottish teams in the fa cup would be good, for money only. as no scottish team would ever win that. any proof you need just watch "highlights" of kilmarnock v st johnstone yesterday. one of the worst 90 minutes ever, till next week that is πŸ˜€

Moves
04 Mar 12

. i reckon most of celtics first 11 are ex-championship with a few spl players and a couple of players from the weaker european leagues.

i do not deny that they might be a "team" rather than individuals, but there are lots of "teams" in the championship and the premier league.

the lack of spl players who have made it in the premier league is a sign of the gulf in quality.

dont get me wrong im in no way making this an scottish - english thing, its the quality of foreign imports in the prem that make it so much better. once celtic got a bit of premier league money they would be able to compete until then they would make a stuggling prem team or championship team fighting for promotion.

rc

Moves
04 Mar 12

Originally posted by roma45
oh robbie, celtic are mince got everything on a plate this year because they spent more money in the last few years than the rest of scotland combined. look at their results against second rate teams in europe, their lawyers got them through, i am patriotic but scotland is miles behind the epl in money, talent and excitment, bolton or blackburn would currentl ...[text shortened]... lmarnock v st johnstone yesterday. one of the worst 90 minutes ever, till next week that is πŸ˜€
the EPL is truly mince, i mean that, its like watching grandmaster chess, its ultimately
quite boring. One would be more entertained watching a game at a a lesser level
simply because you know they're are going to be more mistakes and the game shall be
rather more exciting as a consequence. I repeat my assertion there are two teams
worthy to watch in the EPL, Tottenham and Arsenal, Man City is like watching paint dry!
BTW who has the biggest crowd at MacDermaid Park? That would be us Jehovahs
witnesses πŸ˜›

rc

Moves
04 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
. i reckon most of celtics first 11 are ex-championship with a few spl players and a couple of players from the weaker european leagues.

i do not deny that they might be a "team" rather than individuals, but there are lots of "teams" in the championship and the premier league.

the lack of spl players who have made it in the premier league is a s ...[text shortened]... ntil then they would make a stuggling prem team or championship team fighting for promotion.
gulf in quality as i explain above does not translate to entertainment value. Compared
to other leagues, the Spanish and the German, the EPl is light years behind. Send
your Blackpools, Boltons, Villas and Birminghams up, then we can talk!

st johnstone

Moves
04 Mar 12

the EPL is truly mince, i mean that, its like watching grandmaster chess, its ultimately
quite boring. One would be more entertained watching a game at a a lesser level
simply because you know they're are going to be more mistakes and the game shall be
rather more exciting as a consequence. I repeat my assertion there are two teams
worthy t ...[text shortened]... !
BTW who has the biggest crowd at MacDermaid Park? That would be us Jehovahs
witnesses πŸ˜›
swansea norwich spurs man u fulham everton newcastle sunderland arsenal and liverpool (sorry if i have missed anyone out) are all good to watch, as for mcdarmid park even the soap dodgers ( celtic "best supporters in the world" chocking on my cornflakes here) cant be bothered to come, the same team that took 800,000 to saville if you listen to them. do you think celtic are exciting to watch? we stuffed them at parkhead earlier this season about 200 were left to boo at the final whistle, great support there. celtic and the rest of scottish teams are no better than the likes of doncaster, ( sorry to any doncaster fans out there) πŸ˜€

rc

Moves
04 Mar 12

Originally posted by roma45
swansea norwich spurs man u fulham everton newcastle sunderland arsenal and liverpool (sorry if i have missed anyone out) are all good to watch, as for mcdarmid park even the soap dodgers ( celtic "best supporters in the world" chocking on my cornflakes here) cant be bothered to come, the same team that took 800,000 to saville if you listen to them. do you th ...[text shortened]... h teams are no better than the likes of doncaster, ( sorry to any doncaster fans out there) πŸ˜€
Norwich, Swansea, Fulham, Everton, Newcastle, good to watch, haha, that's real funny,
they are pure mince, Celtic have Stokes, who should be an Irish International, a prolific
goal scorer, Forrest , an awesome young talent, Izaguirre, a superstar who would grace
any, i repeat any EPL side, Hooper a formidable talent and Samaras, Greek
International, Ki Sung-Yong, another international superstar! we are awesome, no one
can handle us in awesomeness! send up the Boros, the Sunderlands (who i actually
like) the Sheffields, when ever you are ready. we were going through a transition
period, still are, but look at Lennon, he's wiley and hes worked under O'Neil, the
greatest manager since Clough, As for the Saints, they are welcome at Parkhead any
time πŸ˜›

st johnstone

Moves
04 Mar 12

Norwich, Swansea, Fulham, Everton, Newcastle, good to watch, haha, that's real funny,
they are pure mince, Celtic have Stokes, who should be an Irish International, a prolific
goal scorer, Forrest , an awesome young talent, Izaguirre, a superstar who would grace
any, i repeat any EPL side, Hooper a formidable talent and Samaras, Greek
Interna ...[text shortened]...
greatest manager since Clough, As for the Saints, they are welcome at Parkhead any
time πŸ˜›
robbie please say no to drugs, if they influenze you so much, current celtic team could not lace the boots of a oneil team. why is not stokes playing for ireland? because the selfish git could not be bothered as he was "tired" forest has done nothing yet. hooper the poacher of a low standard. are you serious about samaras 4 good games in 4years, every celtic fan hates him. the rest are a bunch of mercenarys up here for a easy ride and easy money. going to watch real football soon man u v spurs, no celtic player could even get on the bench for any of themπŸ˜€

Moves
04 Mar 12
1 edit

would you ask Ajax to play in the bundesliga, no, well lets not be silly.
Of course not, for two reasons at least, both relevant to the point.

One, the Netherlands and Germany are not provinces of NorthEuropia. Scotland and England are provinces of the UK, whatever Alec Salmond may want you to believe.

Second, there is a healthy competition in the Netherlands, and Ajax aren't even at the top of it at the moment. (Never mind the general level, which is only slightly above that of the SPL - it's the difference between the top and the rest which is the problem in Scotland, and is not in the Netherlands.) Right now, any of six teams can hope to win the league. Ajax are the fifth of these. Yes, historically they've won more leagues than any other team, but historically, they've never been certain of that. There have always been at least two teams competing against them - usually Feyenoord and PSV, but there have been others - and of late, there have been several more contenders. This makes for an interesting league, where you never know who will win halfway through the season.
This is completely different in the SPL, where there are only two teams which could possibly count, and those same two teams have shared the honours for all, note this: all seasons of the SPL. Hearts was second once, seventeen(!) points behind Celtic and one single point ahead of Rangers (again), who must have been afraid to even show their faces in town that season. And that's the only time anyone outside the Old Firm has even come within sniffing distance of the title.
It's slightly different in the Cups, where the luck of the day plays a large part. Slightly different. Both Rangic and Celters have won the Scotch
one can dream, can\'t one?
Cup over thirty times. The next contender? Ten.

Oh, there's another reason, more trivial: Scotland and England speak the same language, English. British insular taunts notwithstanding, most Dutchmen speak German badly, and most Germans don't understand, let alone speak, Dutch at all.

Richard

Moves
04 Mar 12

Well, not mince, but up against a real game, at least.

That's the problem, and that's why Rangic should be in the EPL. They could play against, I dunno, West Brom or Liverpuddle. Dundee are mince.

Richard

p

Moves
04 Mar 12
1 edit

If you want to compare Scottish clubs to English clubs the best way is to look at how the respective sides have faired in european cups ..
Celtic
Rangers
Aberdeen
Thats the sum total of Scottish teams that have won a cup in europe . Here's the English teams ....
Liverpool
Man utd
Nottingham forest
Aston villa
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
Everton
Newcastle utd
Man city
Leeds utd
West ham utd
Ipswich town

Scottish clubs having won 4 cups

English clubs have won 24 ..Kyle monouge has a bigger cup size than the Scottish league πŸ™‚

In your face

Moves
04 Mar 12

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
If the second club in your major league can be penalised ten whole points for being, in effect, a bunch of fraudsters, and still remain not just second, but safely so, there is something very, very wrong with your league.

Celtic and Rangers should be made to play with the big boys in the English PL, whether they, the rest of the SPL, or the EPL like it or not. The situation as it is is just not healthy for football in Scotland.

Richard
None of your concern. Piss orf.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Mar 12

We should rebuild the wall and cut off the subsidies; let them all run amok in their silly little hills.

rc

Moves
05 Mar 12

Originally posted by divegeester
We should rebuild the wall and cut off the subsidies; let them all run amok in their silly little hills.
cut off the subsides, give us our natural mineral wealth and we shall be the sixth most
richest nation on the planet, we can then chisel a way along the border, float you out
into the Atlantic and we can live in peace and harmony and you can suck blood from
someone else.