1. where angels play
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 14:25
    2 points from 3 games at the start of the new season, strikers cant hit a barn door from 5 yards, 50m spent in summer. Old red nose for the sack!
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    2 points from 3 games at the start of the new season, strikers cant hit a barn door from 5 yards, 50m spent in summer. Old red nose for the sack!
    NICELY PUT MY FRIEND.

I was rooting for CITY all afternoon!!!

by the way great performance my your keeper and also Richards and Dunn... the TWIN TOWERS OF MANCHESTER!!
  3. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 15:001 edit
    Man City - most improved side this year? Normally it takes about 6-10 games for a side with that many new signings to gel, but Sven is just unstoppable at the moment.
  4. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 16:55
    To much Cynicamamon is goin make that humble pie your going to have to eat stick in your throat
  5. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 16:58
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    Man City - most improved side this year? Normally it takes about 6-10 games for a side with that many new signings to gel, but Sven is just unstoppable at the moment.
    6-10 games should do it ,see them in a more realistic position,give it 38 and we should see them in a more realistic league
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 17:03
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    Bit early to be drawing those kind of conclusions, it's only been 3 games!

Granted, City did pull off a sterling performance against United but their first 2 games were soft touches. They're away to Arsenal and Blackburn next, if they can keep up their current form against both then you'll have grounds to make that claim.
  7. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 17:36
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Bit early to be drawing those kind of conclusions, it's only been 3 games!

Granted, City did pull off a sterling performance against United but their first 2 games were soft touches. They're away to Arsenal and Blackburn next, if they can keep up their current form against both then you'll have grounds to make that claim.
    I'm a Magpie, not a City fan (personally I'd like to see them falter along with Villa and Everton because I think long-term we'll be competing for sixth place with them all), but I think they've been much the best of the refurbished sides, even if they didn't hold the ball particularly well today. The only downside for them is that their owner sounds increasingly like General Stroessner.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 17:36
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Granted, City did pull off a sterling performance against United
    United absolutely dominated them today. City's win was based on the brillaint work of Dunne and Richards (looks like a superb prospect for England for years to come).

D
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 19:20
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    United absolutely dominated them today. City's win was based on the brillaint work of Dunne and Richards (looks like a superb prospect for England for years to come).

D
    but dont forget Dunn is Irish. Also lets not forget the excellant keeping of young Casper.

ps. dominating a game is no good if you cannt put the ball in the back of the net
  10. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 01:09
    Originally posted by spurs73
    but dont forget Dunn is Irish. Also lets not forget the excellant keeping of young Casper.

ps. dominating a game is no good if you cannt put the ball in the back of the net
    Kasper was very ordinary. He spilled a lot of easy balls, made a few good saves and only came for one cross that I remember. Without Dunne and Richards in front of him it would have been about 15-1.

He'll no doubt be a great keeper in the future, but he is way out of his depth at the moment.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 06:49
    Sven is a great coach, he's been one all of his career. He may not have taken the English national team to glory, but he has shown quality everywhere else.

It's still early to know, but City fans should be happy to have him.
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 08:48
    Originally posted by Crita
    Kasper was very ordinary. He spilled a lot of easy balls, made a few good saves and only came for one cross that I remember. Without Dunne and Richards in front of him it would have been about 15-1.

He'll no doubt be a great keeper in the future, but he is way out of his depth at the moment.
    bit harsh! he spilled one ball, which Richards cleared. Put overall his keeping was of a high standard, concidering his age and what a huge game for both teams this was.

Also not sure of your 15-1 prediction!!!!
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 10:33
    Rent Boys
    Dippers
    Bitters

Forever in our shadow.😏
  14. where angels play
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 11:22
    Originally posted by king creole
    Rent Boys
    Dippers
    Bitters

Forever in our shadow.😏
    Spoken like a true inbreed...listen isnt that your sister calling saying shes sliding up and down the bannister...warming your tea up
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Aug '07 10:05
    Originally posted by spurs73

How could I forget? That's why I put the parenthesis after Richards.

Schmeichel was lucky. Nani should have done better, Richards cleaned up after Casper had spilled an easy save nearly to Scholesy's feet, and Tevez should have scored in the 91st minute after Casper closed his eyes on the cross.

Not bad, but not excellent.

Way to state the obvious re the back of the net. My point was in reply to the person who said that City had put in a sterling performance. They got beaten off the pitch, but as happens in soccer, they won.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree