Scumbag United

Scumbag United

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

6yd box

Moves
21 Aug 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
How could I forget? That's why I put the parenthesis after Richards.

Schmeichel was lucky. Nani should have done better, Richards cleaned up after Casper had spilled an easy save nearly to Scholesy's feet, and Tevez should have scored in the 91st minute after Casper closed his eyes on the cross.

Not bad, but not excellent.

Way to state the obviou ...[text shortened]... sterling performance. They got beaten off the pitch, but as happens in soccer, they won.

D
ok point taken. roll on sunday!!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
21 Aug 07

Originally posted by spurs73
ok point taken. roll on sunday!!
Aye. A must win game for both teams. Should be good.

D

s

Moves
24 Aug 07

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
Spoken like a true inbreed...listen isnt that your sister calling saying shes sliding up and down the bannister...warming your tea up
At least he knows its his sister

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
25 Aug 07

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
Spoken like a true inbreed...listen isnt that your sister calling saying shes sliding up and down the bannister...warming your tea up
LOL

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by Palynka
[b]Sven is a great coach,
Sven for England!!!

šŸ˜‰

s

Moves
28 Aug 07

Originally posted by blade68
Sven for England!!!

šŸ˜‰
Correct me if I am wrong but didnt sven have a little undefeated run when he took over the England job ,that petered out into tedious mediocrasy?

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
28 Aug 07

United absolutely dominated them today. City's win was based on the brillaint work of Dunne and Richards (looks like a superb prospect for England for years to come).

D
Okay, maybe 'sterling' was the wrong word for it. United were certainly the better side throughout the match but City still held out under constant pressure and managed to steal a victory.

Anyway, my main point was about the media hype that they're going to 'take the top 7 by storm' this season.

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
31 Aug 07

Originally posted by Amaurote
Man City - most improved side this year? Normally it takes about 6-10 games for a side with that many new signings to gel, but Sven is just unstoppable at the moment.
well city haven't played any great team yet have they
-United are the only team regognisable outside of britan that the've played yet

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
01 Sep 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Anyway, my main point was about the media hype that they're going to 'take the top 7 by storm' this season.
Manchester City are a MASSIVE Club!

Have to give it to the city fan who came up with this quote before the derby...
"I'd like to think we could beat them but then again, we do tend to struggle against teams in the bottom half."

D

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
01 Sep 07

Originally posted by John1916
well city haven't played any great team yet have they
-United are the only team regognisable outside of britan that the've played yet
How about Arsenal?

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
01 Sep 07

Manchester City are a MASSIVE Club!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSFtIQp2CJg

Have to give it to the city fan who came up with this quote before the derby...
"I'd like to think we could beat them but then again, we do tend to struggle against teams in the bottom half."

D
LMAO! Sums it all up perfectly!

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
03 Sep 07

Originally posted by Amaurote
Man City - most improved side this year? Normally it takes about 6-10 games for a side with that many new signings to gel, but Sven is just unstoppable at the moment.
They're looking very stoppable at the moment!

Like I said, their first 2 matches were soft touches and the win against United is arguably more luck than skill. As soon as they faced a few in-form opponents they crumbled.

t

my island

Moves
03 Sep 07

Originally posted by smartrrrrs
Correct me if I am wrong but didnt sven have a little undefeated run when he took over the England job ,that petered out into tedious mediocrasy?
he only lost 1 qualifier and was was knocked out of 1 world cup by a fluke goal and 2 major championships by pens.

i don't think he did that badly.

even if it was the most boring football in history.

s

Moves
04 Sep 07

[i]Originally posted by trevor33

i don't think he did that badly.

even if it was the most boring football in history.[/b]
should be consistent there then...the only thing city changes are managers and stadiums

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
04 Sep 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
They're looking very stoppable at the moment!

Like I said, their first 2 matches were soft touches and the win against United is arguably more luck than skill. As soon as they faced a few in-form opponents they crumbled.
They have stumbled a little, but they were flying, and they look solid at the back. I think we'll be in competition with City, Villa, Everton and maybe Spurs (if City and Spurs continue to play inconsistently) come the end of the season.

As for City, I'm really looking forward to our away match with them on the 29th - at the moment they look much the classier outfit, but we look more solid defensively, and by the 29th both teams will have gelled. We might even have Joey Barton back by then, although I doubt he'll be fit enough to play a full 90 minutes.