1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 13:31
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    No, that's not guaranteed as the panthers are only a game back.
    Panthers are clicking well right now and have been for 4 games. Started right about the time ArmyParatrooper dismissed them as junk.
  2. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 19:11
    Why isn't anyone respecting the chiefs? They have a stout defense and an offense that, while not thrilling, get's the job done.
  3. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 19:27
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Why isn't anyone respecting the chiefs? They have a stout defense and an offense that, while not thrilling, get's the job done.
    There is no reason to talk about the chiefs because they are the epitome of consitency. What was said about them five weeks ago applies to this week.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 05:18
    If, by getting the job done you mean leaning entirely on the defense, then sure.

The Chiefs defense literally beat the Bills by themselves. 2 pick-6's, one of them for 100 yards and the final score 14 - 13 Chiefs defense.

Captain Checkdown chucked the ball 29 times for a whopping 124 yards and two earned field goals. The offense scored 9 total, with one of the field goals being a gimme, courtesy of an Chiefs INT.

That's not "getting the job done." That's, thank God we have the #1 defense instead of merely having a top 5.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 06:06
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    If, by getting the job done you mean leaning entirely on the defense, then sure.

The Chiefs defense literally beat the Bills by themselves. 2 pick-6's, one of them for 100 yards and the final score 14 - 13 Chiefs defense.

Captain Checkdown chucked the ball 29 times for a whopping 124 yards and two earned field goals. The offense scor ...[text shortened]... etting the job done." That's, thank God we have the #1 defense instead of merely having a top 5.
    I can't wait till the chiefs play the Broncos. The Broncos only have to get 29 or more points for the last eight games each, so 227 points, in the regular-season to get more points for their team than the patriots did when they went 16 and zero in the season.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 06:56
    Probably the worse offense to reach 9-0 in NFL history.
  7. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 09:48

Captain Checkdown chucked the ball 29 times for a whopping 124 yards and two earned field goals. The offense scor ...[text shortened]... etting the job done." That's, thank God we have the #1 defense instead of merely having a top 5.
    Kansas City Bears anyone?
  8. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 16:27

We know you hate Alex Smith. It's okay. There's no respect for an offense that controls the ball and doesn't make turnovers. Have a look at the stats. Plus 15 in turnover ratio. Their winning in time of possession, which helps their defense (not that they need much help). Control the ball, let the clock run, count on your defense. That's a superbowl winning formula right there. Not very exciting, but pretty effective, even in today's offense dominated league. I'll bet Jamaal Charles rushes for 1500 this year.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/statistics.html
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 16:39
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Kansas City Bears anyone?
    Na, I still like the name Kansas City chiefs. Oh you mean a Super Bowl match, na, the chiefs will lose to the broncos 3 times this year if they meet in the playoffs. And the bears have lost to the saints and lions already.
  10. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 20:321 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Na, I still like the name Kansas City chiefs. Oh you mean a Super Bowl match, na, the chiefs will lose to the broncos 3 times this year if they meet in the playoffs. And the bears have lost to the saints and lions already.
    No, I was alluding to the fact that this team is very similar to the bears teams of a few years ago that scored more on defense than they did on offense.
  11. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 21:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The chiefs will lose to the broncos in Denver, no doubt. I don't think the broncos could beat the chiefs 3 times. Remember, Peyton Manning can't beat you if he's standing on the sidelines. Denver's defense could well be on the field all night against Captain Checkdown and Jamaal Charles.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 22:24
    We know you hate Alex Smith. It's okay. There's no respect for an offense that controls the ball and doesn't make turnovers. Have a look at the stats. Plus 15 in turnover ratio. Their winning in time of possession, which helps their defense (not that they need much help). Control the ball, let the clock run, count on your defense. That's a superbowl w ...[text shortened]... t Jamaal Charles rushes for 1500 this year.

Wow, since Charles already has over 1,000 yards rushing at the halfway mark,
    are you sure you aren't going out on a limb at 1,500 yards for the season?
    Or are you projecting a huge fall off in the second half?
  13. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 22:331 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Wow, since Charles already has over 1,000 yards rushing at the halfway mark,
    are you sure you aren't going out on a limb at 1,500 yards for the season?
    Or are you projecting a huge fall off in the second half?
    Did I misread the stats? I thought he had 725 yards rushing through 9 games. When you combine receiving yards he has 1100 and some change, is that what you were looking at?
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Nov '13 23:27
    We know you hate Alex Smith. It's okay. There's no respect for an offense that controls the ball and doesn't make turnovers. Have a look at the stats. Plus 15 in turnover ratio. Their winning in time of possession, which helps their defense (not that they need much help). Control the ball, let the clock run, count on your defense. That's a superbowl w ...[text shortened]... t Jamaal Charles rushes for 1500 this year.

I get that protecting the ball is important, but the number one job of the offense is to put points on the board.

"Rely on your defense" is no more an offensive strategy than "reply on your offense" is a defensive strategy.

Just imagine if the Bronco's defensive coordinator said he was using a "rely on your offense" strategy when they allowed the Cowboys to plant 48 points on them. Just because their #1 offense was still able to outscore them doesn't make it a "winning" strategy.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 03:51
    Did I misread the stats? I thought he had 725 yards rushing through 9 games. When you combine receiving yards he has 1100 and some change, is that what you were looking at?
    I apologize. I misheard the announcer on the game last weekend say he had already amassed 1,000 yards on the season.
    He must have been referring to combined yardage and not rushing.
    I back off of my previous statement. Sorry about that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree