1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 16:06
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Suck!!

WTF was that?
    I hate to say "I told you so". I live in Seattle, and have watched this over hyped team dash peoples hopes for nearly 40 years. The Seasissies don't have the class to win a Super bowl!
  2. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 23:28
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I apologize. I misheard the announcer on the game last weekend say he had already amassed 1,000 yards on the season.
    He must have been referring to combined yardage and not rushing.
    I back off of my previous statement. Sorry about that.
    No worries, man, I mishear stuff all the time.
  3. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 23:35
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I get that protecting the ball is important, but the number one job of the offense is to put points on the board.

"Rely on your defense" is no more an offensive strategy than "reply on your offense" is a defensive strategy.

Just imagine if the Bronco's defensive coordinator said he was using a "rely on your offense" strategy when the ...[text shortened]... t because their #1 offense was still able to outscore them doesn't make it a "winning" strategy.
    You're right, of course, that scoring is the number 1 job. When you have a defense like the chiefs do, holding the ball for long stretches of time can be just as important. Rely on your defense isn't an offensive strategy, it's a team strategy. Look at the Ravens the year they won the superbowl against the giants. Jamaal Charles chews up yards and clock. I love that kind of football. I really like the Captain Checkdown nickname, by the way. Grindin' man, just grindin'

The broncos d coordinator didn't have to say it. He showed us his philosophy on the field.
  4. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    07 Nov '13 23:382 edits
    Originally posted by bill718
    I hate to say "I told you so". I live in Seattle, and have watched this over hyped team dash peoples hopes for nearly 40 years. The Seasissies don't have the class to win a Super bowl!
    They have not been overhyped for 40 years?? They were hyped in 2005 about halfway into the season and they ended up in the SB that year. I think you are confused, this front office is only in its fourth year in Seattle and they have the team off to an 8-1 start... i think the Seahawks of 2013 have proven they can win.
  5. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 00:21
    Originally posted by dryhump
    You're right, of course, that scoring is the number 1 job. When you have a defense like the chiefs do, holding the ball for long stretches of time can be just as important. Rely on your defense isn't an offensive strategy, it's a team strategy. Look at the Ravens the year they won the superbowl against the giants. Jamaal Charles chews up yards and clock. ...[text shortened]... '

The broncos d coordinator didn't have to say it. He showed us his philosophy on the field.
    Throwing 0 and Neg yard passes all the time isn't "grinding" and it doesn't chew up yards or the clock. What you're describing is run first smash mouth football.

When it was 10 - 3 Bills, and the the Bills had the ball on the Chiefs' 1-yard line, it should have been 17 - 3 but Sean Smith intercepted and ran it back for a 100 yard pick-6.

That's NOT the offense playing "winning" football. That's the offense leaning on the defense.
  6. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 01:291 edit
    Seattle Seahawks (-6) vs Falcons. I think the final score will be Seahawks 34-16.
  7. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 14:47
    The Falcons and the Texans are the two biggest surprises imo in football this season.

What happened to these teams? They've spent the last few seasons inching ever closer to a legitimate Superbowl shot and, wham!, all of a sudden they're both catapulted to the bottom of the pile.

I can see the Falcons recovering next year, but not the Texans.
  8. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 19:04
    Originally posted by neilarini
    The Falcons and the Texans are the two biggest surprises imo in football this season.

What happened to these teams? They've spent the last few seasons inching ever closer to a legitimate Superbowl shot and, wham!, all of a sudden they're both catapulted to the bottom of the pile.

I can see the Falcons recovering next year, but not the Texans.
    Barring salary cap issues I'd be more surprised if the Texans didn't have a turn around next season unless everything I've seen from Case Keenum is a mirage and he ends up being a dud.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 20:39
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Barring salary cap issues I'd be more surprised if the Texans didn't have a turn around next season unless everything I've seen from Case Keenum is a mirage and he ends up being a dud.
    Keenum has reinvigorated the fans and the team, but let's face it, he is a second year undrafted and untested rookie with some talent. He has yet to go through his bad phase, which he will because they all do before they figure it out. Hopefully, they have realized that Schaub is not the answer because he is a plodder without a great arm for throwing vertically up the field. The defense will still be solid, and the offense is getting an infusion of youth. We need to get a reliable kicker, a reliable kick returner, and a new special team's coach, IMO. I think that Kubiak saw the writing on the wall that the conservative play calling had to cease. I honestly believe he called the game to shield Schaub's weaknesses, and the opposing teams figured out what the Texan's were doing and the pick 6 train began. It also does not help when you top two running backs cannot both stay on the field. But this team is far from the scrap heap.
  10. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:22
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Keenum has reinvigorated the fans and the team, but let's face it, he is a second year undrafted and untested rookie with some talent. He has yet to go through his bad phase, which he will because they all do before they figure it out. Hopefully, they have realized that Schaub is not the answer because he is a plodder without a great arm for throwing ve ...[text shortened]... u top two running backs cannot both stay on the field. But this team is far from the scrap heap.
    I don't know. From what I've seen of Keenum I'd say his "bad phase" will probably be better than Shaub was this year and I don't know if he needs to go through a bad phase with the weapons he has on offense combined with that defense. I don't want to predict that they will make the playoffs this year because they still have to play the Pats, Broncs and Colts but I really wouldn't be surprised if they win out and get in. I mean, the numbers on defense are there and the offense is || this close to being there. Plus the Colts can imaginably lose 5 or 6 games in the second half (counting a loss against the Texans) and allow Houston to steal the division which would have been much easier had they closed out that last game against the Colts. I don't think it will happen but Texans fans still have a ray of light beaming down from the hope star.
  11. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 00:21
    I don't know. From what I've seen of Keenum I'd say his "bad phase" will probably be better than Shaub was this year and I don't know if he needs to go through a bad phase with the weapons he has on offense combined with that defense. I don't want to predict that they will make the playoffs this year because they still have to play the Pats, Broncs and ...[text shortened]... think it will happen but Texans fans still have a ray of light beaming down from the hope star.
    Guess who barely beat... err I mean lost to the panthers. You know who probably won't be able to swallow that crow.
  12. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 14:08
    Guess who barely beat... err I mean lost to the panthers. You know who probably won't be able to swallow that crow.
    You're a colts fan right?
  13. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 17:45
    Originally posted by dryhump
    You're a colts fan right?
    Yes and I assume you're implying about the ass whooping we suffered against the rams? The difference is I never dismissed the Rams, they were supposed to compete for a playoff spot this year and they didn't suddenly become less talented because of their record.

On the other hand, I've been on the panther bandwagon since week 1.
  14. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    12 Nov '13 22:38
    Yes and I assume you're implying about the ass whooping we suffered against the rams? The difference is I never dismissed the Rams, they were supposed to compete for a playoff spot this year and they didn't suddenly become less talented because of their record.

On the other hand, I've been on the panther bandwagon since week 1.
    Easy, I was just refreshing my memory. I certainly didn't mean that someone who's team got their asses handed to them by a team that is still 2 games under .500 shouldn't be giving another fan crap. You are reading too much into a simple question.
  15. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    12 Nov '13 23:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree