Spurs

Spurs

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
22 Oct 08

Originally posted by spurs73
Rooney Once a Blue.... i said at the start of the season that the PL will be between Man U and Chelsea, i have will stand by that.

However I have been impressed with the wins that Liverpool have been grouping togather.

This realy could be their best season ever in the PL. They look like really pushing United and chelsea.Lets see what happens this weeke ...[text shortened]... eason. if i am wrong then i will say so. I will admit that this season he has looked very good😉
You're forgeting Arsenal surely?

s

6yd box

Moves
22 Oct 08

Originally posted by dicky
You're forgeting Arsenal surely?
I am sorry Dicky.. i just dont see Arsenal lasting the whole season. Once the injuries start their squad just is not strong enough to last.

M

Moves
24 Oct 08

don't worry spurs 73. you are bound to break your bad spell at our place(Eastlands) as you have always been our jinx team. Don't mind so long as we beat the scum when they come over.

s

6yd box

Moves
24 Oct 08

Originally posted by Mong
don't worry spurs 73. you are bound to break your bad spell at our place(Eastlands) as you have always been our jinx team. Don't mind so long as we beat the scum when they come over.
How many time have you beaten manscum in the last 3 season.. is'nt it 5 wins out of the last 6 league games?

You did the double over them last season and i think you did the double over them season 2005-06?

s

6yd box

Moves
24 Oct 08

Originally posted by dicky
Actually, I've just heard that Madonna has been installed as favourite to take over the managers job from Ramos. She's been keeping clean sheets for 18 months :-)
Dicky..what will be even more funny is if Spurs won their first league game of the season on wednesday 29th oct?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
26 Oct 08

Oh dear.

s

6yd box

Moves
27 Oct 08

Originally posted by rhb
Oh dear.
'o dear' what?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
27 Oct 08

Originally posted by spurs73
'o dear' what?
I never made it to the bookies on Friday to put some money on Spurs staying up... 😞

AB

Moves
27 Oct 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
You didn't mention Ferdinand in your reply.
I know you don't rate him but I think you may agree he is really starting to develop into the player he should have been years ago.
A player who can be superb and dire in the same match? A player with the attention span of a goldfish? A player who showed us clearly on Saturday why he wasn't chosen as England's captain.

Always was and always will be prone to lapses in between generally being a very good defender. But give me Terry or Carragher any day.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
27 Oct 08

Originally posted by Angry Boy
A player who can be superb and dire in the same match? A player with the attention span of a goldfish? A player who showed us clearly on Saturday why he wasn't chosen as England's captain.

Always was and always will be prone to lapses in between generally being a very good defender. But give me Terry or Carragher any day.
Do you & ROAB really have to pollute every thread with your endless big4 willy waving?

AB

Moves
28 Oct 08

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
28 Oct 08

Seeing as you're too chicken to recieve PM from me AB... you can call me most things and i'll take it as banter, but not that. If you don't know what it means go look it up. Do it again and i'll make something bigger of it. Understood?

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
28 Oct 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Angry Boy

I have always agreed that Ferdinand has suffered from lapses of concentration, balance and positional play.

However his overall presance and (these days) much more consistent performances have elevated his game.

Capello clearly knows what he's doing and he really rates Ferdinandas as does Sir Alex.

Ferdinand has much improved for United , there are few CB's in the Premiership that people can seriously consider as better than him.

Even Spurs73 is reserving his judgement until the end of the season becuase I think he can see the improvement in him.

Every player though has a bad game once in a while and Ferdinand has this "lapse" label that people use against him every time he makes a mistake.

I would not swap him for any premiership defender to be honest, this includes Terry and Carra.

Yes Ferdinand made a mistake last Saturday but he is much more consistent these days.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
28 Oct 08

Originally posted by rhb
Do you & ROAB really have to pollute every thread with your endless big4 willy waving?
Listen rhb.

If it wasn't for the big4 the Premiership would implode, the top clubs are greatly subsididing the other teams in the Premiership.

If teams like Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool had complete control over their TV rights, then all the other teams in the Premiership would disintigrate.

Like it or not people only really want to watch these teams around the world and the money we create keeps all the other teams going at their current income levels.

You may say "you need us to play against", maybe, maybe not.
Maybe a European league would be setup.

To get back to the point I made a post that had several points, one of them asked Spurs73 how valuable he thought Ferdinand would be to Tottenhams defense.

If you think this is off topic then go setup a Micky Mouse thread and talk about teams like Saints, Forest and Coventry.
I'm sure it would be as interesting as watching them play each other.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
28 Oct 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Listen rhb.

If it wasn't for the big4 the Premiership would implode, the top clubs are greatly subsididing the other teams in the Premiership.

If teams like Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool had complete control over their TV rights, then all the other teams in the Premiership would disintigrate.

Like it or not people only really wan ...[text shortened]... Forest and Coventry.
I'm sure it would be as interesting as watching them play each other.
First up - credit for responding in a more mature manner than AB did.

You're right - I would say that if it wasn't for the small16 there would be no premiership either. It's a symbiosis - weather it's healthy or not depends on how you look at it.

I'd prefer the big4 to join a Euro Superleague against other big Euro clubs.

It'd force a much needed correction in the financial state of the smaller clubs (not a bad thing at all, if no doubt an uncomfortable transition period).

Re: your original point, not a problem... it's when your sparring partner joins in and you digress towards posturing about the big4 as you often do that it gets dull.

There's plenty of entertainment to be had watching Saints, Forest and Coventry this season... each of their own downward spirals towards League 1 is fascinating.

Seriously though, don't lose sight of the lower leagues - otherwise you will be looking at a 4 team premier league where you play each other 12 times. 😴