1. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 03:46
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I think the league would be better off without him.
    Why? Surely Tebow is better than at least some backup QB's. Hell, Tebow could probably even get the starting gig for some of the lower tier teams.
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 08:51
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Why? Surely Tebow is better than at least some backup QB's. Hell, Tebow could probably even get the starting gig for some of the lower tier teams.
    Maybe in the CFL. There is absolutely no NFL teams interested in Tebow as a starting QB, that's for sure. Most wouldn't waste a roster spot on him as a 3rd string QB.
  3. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 11:20
    I think the league would be better off without him.
    Do you hate him or something? It's just another dramatic narrative that plays out during the season. I understand some people don't enjoy the seemingly constant Tebow coverage... but I don't get ESPN so I don't have to worry about that.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 12:403 edits
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Do you hate him or something? It's just another dramatic narrative that plays out during the season. I understand some people don't enjoy the seemingly constant Tebow coverage... but I don't get ESPN so I don't have to worry about that.
    "Do you hate him or something?"

If not Tebow, some other high profile questionable starter or injury ridden aging veteran, because in any professional sport there will always be avid fans fixated on identifiable underdogs. They represent easy targets. Besides, the media will go out of its way to fuel the heated debates, because it sells advertising. It's all about the need to be 'right' and more revenues.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 17:03
    Maybe in the CFL. There is absolutely no NFL teams interested in Tebow as a starting QB, that's for sure. Most wouldn't waste a roster spot on him as a 3rd string QB.
    You: I think the league would be better off without [Tebow].

Me: Why?
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 23:111 edit

Moonbat: I hate Tebow because he has strong religious values, and is therefore a hater of women, judges me for my closet homosexuality, is himself a strong man and therefore probably a Republican, and therefore probably does not share my idolization of Barack Hussein Obama. Britney Griner, on the other hand, would make a fine choice for NFL quarterback, or any position in the NFL.
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 23:551 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Moonbat: I hate Tebow because he has strong religious values, and is therefore a hater of women, judges me for my closet homosexuality, is himself a strong man and therefore probably a Republican, and therefore probably does not share my idolization of Barack Hussein Obama. Britney Griner, on the other hand, would make a fine choice for NFL quarterback, or any position in the NFL.
    Some of my favorite NFL players are and have been strong Christians. That is much different than the freak Tebow. There is no place in college or professional football for his antics. Just think if a black or gay player held up a sign every game on the sideline saying "hey look at me . . . I'm gay," or "hey look at me . . . I'm black and proud," constantly broadcasting every game with signs, symbols, messages, and antics that he is gay or black. Sasquatch would be spewing continuous hatred in response, that's for sure.

"The Tebow Rule"

In 2010 a new rule for the next NCAA football season banned messages on eye paint. This rule was dubbed "The Tebow Rule" by media. During his college football career, he frequently wore references to biblical verses on his eye black.

The NFL already has a rule like this in prohibiting players from wearing messages on eye black, so Tebow would not have been able to continue the practice in the NFL. Despite the media labeling it as the Tebow rule, the NCAA denies the rule was influenced by Tebow particularly.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 23:592 edits

Because he refuses to give up QB as his primary position.

If he was willing to give up being a QB, and instead be a multi-purpose player, for example, playing on special teams and rotating in at TE or RB, for instance, he might be of some use in the NFL. As it is now with Tebow obstinate against giving up QB, the NFL is better off without him. The dude just cannot throw and is kind of blockhead dumb on the field.

He could probably learn special teams and effectively use his good physical assets, though it's tough to give up a roster spot for just a special teams player.
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 00:201 edit

If he was willing to give up being a QB, and instead be a multi-purpose player, for example, playing on special teams and rotating in at TE or RB, for instance, he might be of some use in the NFL. As it is now with Tebow obstinate against giving up QB, the NFL is better off without him. The dude ...[text shortened]... od physical assets, though it's tough to give up a roster spot for just a special teams player.
    I'm wondering why there's so much talk about being able to play other positions. Has he proven he can play any other position at an NFL caliber level? Can he beat out career NFL tight ends for TE roster spot?

I don't have any hate for Tebow, but I just think he gets waaaay too much attention for such a low level talent.
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 01:453 edits
    Some of my favorite NFL players are and have been strong Christians. That is much different than the freak Tebow. There is no place in college or professional football for his antics. Just think if a black or gay player held up a sign every game on the sideline saying "hey look at me . . . I'm gay," or "hey look at me . . . I'm black and proud," consta it as the Tebow rule, the NCAA denies the rule was influenced by Tebow particularly.
    {Laughing...}

I'll tell you what, Moonie, you never fail to entertain. "...the freak Tebow...", man you are some piece of work. So you know, I think touchdown dances are pretty cool, and I have no problem with how people live their lives as long as they're not hurting anybody. Gay, straight, black, white, yellow, purple - I don't care, as long as you're cool. You know why you think I'm capable of that? You never played team sports. I did, and we had very color, every economic group under the sun. I had to get along with everybody. The Marine Corps only reinforces that. About the only thing you're not evaluated on in the military is the color of your skin. So about the only group of people I never learned to get along with were the scared, soft-headed couch potatoes who never did anything.

Who I do find amusing are catty, bitchy gay men like you. You're a professional victim an you're professionally angry. It's just funny to me how easily pissed off you are, so I amuse myself.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 02:141 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    {Laughing...}

I'll tell you what, Moonie, you never fail to entertain. "...the freak Tebow...", man you are some piece of work. So you know, I think touchdown dances are pretty cool, and I have no problem with how people live their lives as long as they're not hurting anybody. Gay, straight, black, white, yellow, purple - I don't care, as long as nally angry. It's just funny to me how easily pissed off you are, so I amuse myself.
    "Gay, straight, black, white, yellow, purple - I don't care, as long as you're cool."

Is that so. Well let's paint a picture of a gay activist version of Tebow. Let's say you have an openly gay NFL player, who after every touchdown holds up a gay symbol. This same player talks about his "gay agenda" in every interview, and has "gay pride" written in his eye black.

For every time Tebow has brought up Christianity (either through verbal or non-verbal means), this gay player has done the same for gay issues.

Are you really expecting us to believe you wouldn't have a problem with it? Really?
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '13 12:30
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    "Gay, straight, black, white, yellow, purple - I don't care, as long as you're cool."

Is that so. Well let's paint a picture of a gay activist version of Tebow. Let's say you have an openly gay NFL player, who after every touchdown holds up a gay symbol. This same player talks about his "gay agenda" in every interview, and has "gay pride" writt ...[text shortened]... ou really expecting us to believe you wouldn't have a problem with it? Really?
    I think that type of player would be great!
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 00:50

If he was willing to give up being a QB, and instead be a multi-purpose player, for example, playing on special teams and rotating in at TE or RB, for instance, he might be of some use in the NFL. As it is now with Tebow obstinate against giving up QB, the NFL is better off without him. The dude ...[text shortened]... od physical assets, though it's tough to give up a roster spot for just a special teams player.
    He is 25 and a proven winner. I wouldn't give up on him just yet if I were an NFL team looking for a QB with potential. Even if Tebow is relegated to a backup role, his championship background might be useful to the team. Besides acting as insurance, backup QB's act as assistant coaches by helping coordinate the offense.

Also, it is weird to hate a player because he is an outspoken Christian. Who gives a flying you know what about that stuff?
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 06:03
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

Is that so. Well let's paint a picture of a gay activist version of Tebow. Let's say you have an openly gay NFL player, who after every touchdown holds up a gay symbol. This same player talks about his "gay agenda" in every interview, and has "gay pride" writt ...[text shortened]... ou really expecting us to believe you wouldn't have a problem with it? Really?
    You can believe what you want. Yeah I don't go out of my way to experience and embrace gay culture, but I don't hate on it either. I'm a live-and-let-live type. Liberals like you, on the other hand, are not. You must convert people to your secular religion of state worship, and anyone who disagrees with your agenda is marked undergoes character assassination.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    15 Jun '13 15:33
    He is 25 and a proven winner. I wouldn't give up on him just yet if I were an NFL team looking for a QB with potential. Even if Tebow is relegated to a backup role, his championship background might be useful to the team. Besides acting as insurance, backup QB's act as assistant coaches by helping coordinate the offense.

Also, it is weird to hate ...[text shortened]... ayer because he is an outspoken Christian. Who gives a flying you know what about that stuff?
    lol Tebow a proven winner? If he's a proven winner then so is literally every player on every team with a winning record, which we know is not the case.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree