Originally posted by Mctayto
    Excellent news 😉
    😀
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 19:08
    Originally posted by trev33
    ok one pundit said "the england captain should be squeaky clean" others agree... most of the media i've watched/read (which i'll admit wasn't a lot here 😴) agreed terry should be replaced as captain. personally and about 70% of the people who are not english that i've talked to about this (which has been about 10 😴) thinks it doesn't matter what terry did o ...[text shortened]... pello) but i think he's seriously dented england's chances at the world cup.

😴
    Sadly in this 24/7 news cycle the media thrives on scandal to sell copy! Lots of athletes behave poorly off the field. Short of murder or more serious misbehavior like domestic violence who cares. Rio's misbheavior is worse by far abusing drugs and all. I hope this destabilizes a squad with strong chances and team USA beats their sorry hineys!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 19:59
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Sadly in this 24/7 news cycle the media thrives on scandal to sell copy! Lots of athletes behave poorly off the field. Short of murder or more serious misbehavior like domestic violence who cares. Rio's misbheavior is worse by far abusing drugs and all. I hope this destabilizes a squad with strong chances and team USA beats their sorry hineys!
    you need not fear, the good ol U S of A shall take them to the cleaners, they are mince, they could pin the captaincy on anyone of those donkeys and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of a difference!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '10 20:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you need not fear, the good ol U S of A shall take them to the cleaners, they are mince, they could pin the captaincy on anyone of those donkeys and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of a difference!
    I respect Capello, but he is dead wrong on this one. Sadly Capello is a really good coach and he'll find a way to overcome this distraction. Donkey hiney kicking is always a pleasure if you can kick it far enough and avoid when donkey kicks back!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 11:27
    I'm a Chelsea and JT fan, but if I was in Capello's place I would probably have binned him as captain too.

He is supposed to be leader within the squad and in my opinion that does not include shagging his teammates girlfriends. It's not a question of morality it's straight-forward pragmatism.

No way would Ferdinand get it either. Gerrard, no question.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 14:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Nobody will be kicking Scotland's backsides because they will be sat on them watching the mighty England play on the tv 😀😀😀
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 15:25
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Nobody will be kicking Scotland's backsides because they will be sat on them watching the mighty England play on the tv 😀😀😀
    Rubbing salt in your Scottish brethren's wounds, eh?

I hope this fiasco does not bring a huge distraction to the English National side. What use is sacking Terry if he still plays anyway?
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 19:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm a Chelsea and JT fan, but if I was in Capello's place I would probably have binned him as captain too.

He is supposed to be leader within the squad and in my opinion that does not include shagging his teammates girlfriends. It's not a question of morality it's straight-forward pragmatism.

No way would Ferdinand get it either. Gerrard, no question.
    Gerrard tried to punch a dj 's lights out in a night club because he wouldn't play his music , got off with it because of his money !
    I think all the potential England captain's have skeletons in the cupboard !!
    Money bags Beckham will be licking his lips thinking he might sneak in there !!

:'(:'(
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 00:52
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Gerrard tried to punch a dj 's lights out in a night club because he wouldn't play his music , got off with it because of his money !
    I think all the potential England captain's have skeletons in the cupboard !!
    Money bags Beckham will be licking his lips thinking he might sneak in there !!

:'(:'(
    Too bad there's so many bad actors in sports. There's also decent players on and off the field, but the good guys get little press attention!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree