The Cincinnati Reds

The Cincinnati Reds

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
20 Feb 09

Originally posted by Chaswray
Well there ya' go, the Bengals were 11-5 with a play off appearance in 2005, only 3 years ago😉 The Pirates haven't even "sniffed" .500 since 1992:'(
NO MORE NUTTINGS😠
Ok guy you win. I suggest you give up on them like I did the Bengals. There is no shame in this. I just tell people that I did not give up on my team, rather, my team gave up on me. Now I just watch college football to fill the void. Then again, I can't seem to give up on my Reds. I am just glad that I now have some hope due to a change in ownership. As for yourself, I see no such hope just like I see none for the Bengals.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
24 Feb 09

Wise guy😉😛 Check back with me on Memorial Day! NO MORE NUTTINGS😠
I saw this quote in the newspaper this morning and had to share it with you.

"All Major League baseball teams reported to camp by February 15. Does that mean the Pirates have been mathematically eliminated?"

Sorry, but it was too funny to pass up. 😉

w

Moves
24 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I saw this quote in the newspaper this morning and had to share it with you.

"All Major League baseball teams reported to camp by February 15. Does that mean the Pirates have been mathematically eliminated?"

Sorry, but it was too funny to pass up. 😉
I went to a Pirate game last year and it as a lot of fun. Its a great place to watch a ball game because every where you sit you have a great vantage point to watch the game. In fact, when I went to the bathroom they have wide screen TV's at each stall so as not to miss any of the great spell binding Pirate action. Of course above the wide screen TV sign hung which read, "PNC Ballpark". You might say there performance on the field brings out the best in you. 😛

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
25 Feb 09

Ahh, a couple of wise guys eh? Sure kick a guy when he's down😳:'(😛

Thanks Shortcircuit and Whodey😉 NO MORE NUTTINGS😠

w

Moves
25 Feb 09

Ahh, a couple of wise guys eh? Sure kick a guy when he's down😳:'(😛

Thanks Shortcircuit and Whodey😉 NO MORE NUTTINGS😠
Sorry man, I was just having a little fun. Instead I will pick on my former team the Bungals.

Did you know the last time I went to the store and came back to my car the wind shield was busted out!! I thought I had been robbed but nothing was missing inside the car. Then I looked and saw that someone had placed two Bengal tickets on my dash board. 😲

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by whodey
Sorry man, I was just having a little fun. Instead I will pick on my former team the Bungals.

Did you know the last time I went to the store and came back to my car the wind shield was busted out!! I thought I had been robbed but nothing was missing inside the car. Then I looked and saw that someone had placed two Bengal tickets on my dash board. 😲
LOL.....hell that's nothing. In lieu of speeding tickets, Pennsylvania State Troopers now give out Pirates tickets...and the offender has 30 days to get rid of them😉 NO MORE NUTTINGS😠

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
27 Feb 09

LOL.....hell that's nothing. In lieu of speeding tickets, Pennsylvania State Troopers now give out Pirates tickets...and the offender has 30 days to get rid of them😉 NO MORE NUTTINGS😠
and all this time I thought the Buckos sold out their games 🙁

w

Moves
03 Mar 09
2 edits

I got to see my Reds in action in Spring Training!! They played the Yankees and beat them 13-11. One of the reasons it was such a high scoring game was that the wind was blowing very hard that day. Balls were just flying out of the stadium. In fact, the four football players had their boat over turn in Florida that day the wind was so bad. I just heard that one of them was found sitting on the over turned boat and was rescued. I presume that the other three perished.

Just a couple of notes for the game, Dickerson I think is a rising star on the Reds. He had two home runs and a single that game. On a more sober note, however, Cordero their closer struggled mightely If he can't turn it around it will be a long season for them.

I felt kind of bad for A-roid, however, because every time he went to the plate the stadium erupted in boos. I couldn't help but think that about half the guys on the field were probably juiced at one time or another but the fact remains that super stars like A-roid will be singled out. I suppose it will be a long season for him

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
04 Mar 09

I felt kind of bad for A-roid, however, because every time he went to the plate the stadium erupted in boos. I couldn't help but think that about half the guys on the field were probably juiced at one time or another but the fact remains that super stars like A-roid will be singled out. I suppose it will be a long season for him
Fans are fickle as hell. Even you refer to the guy as A-roid. A-Rod is going to make his money regardless of what the fans or the media say or think. Fans of the game don't have the sack to quit supporting the game en masse, and in time, it will become ancient memory. The thing that pisses me off the most is that those who sit in judgement of the players more than likely are guilty of other infractions in their lives, but for some reason they hold pro athletes to a higher standard that they themselves can uphold. Many of them have never played the game at a high level and don't have the first clue about what the game is about. It is a business....the entertainment business. The fans left baseball because it wasn't exciting enough for them when the pitchers diominated the games. Only the purists ever apprecited the game then and there weren't enough of them to generate the revenue the MLB wanted to generate. First they changed the height of the mound to take away the pitcher's leverage. They added the DH in the AL to increase the offense. Then they juiced the baseball to get more home runs. Then they produced better quality bats, and finally they encouraged the players to load up so they could hit moonballs. It was ridiculously slanted in the hitters favor. Pitchers then started to juice in an attempt to level the field a bit. It got out of control, but the fact remains...the very monster the fans scoff at was created to enhance the enjoyment of those very fans. Now the fans choose to be indignant. I hope all of those who jeer or scoff at the monster they caused to be created get hit by busses and leave the game to those who enjoy and understand the game for what it is.

w

Moves
04 Mar 09

Fans are fickle as hell. Even you refer to the guy as A-roid. A-Rod is going to make his money regardless of what the fans or the media say or think. Fans of the game don't have the sack to quit supporting the game en masse, and in time, it will become ancient memory. The thing that pisses me off the most is that those who sit in judgement of the playe ...[text shortened]... hit by busses and leave the game to those who enjoy and understand the game for what it is.
Of course there is some accountability left at the fans as well as MLB. In fact, I would say MLB holds the brunt of the accountability because they knew darn well what was going on and continue to do nothing today. However, not every player chose to be the tool of the fans or MLB did they?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
04 Mar 09

Of course there is some accountability left at the fans as well as MLB. In fact, I would say MLB holds the brunt of the accountability because they knew darn well what was going on and continue to do nothing today. However, not every player chose to be the tool of the fans or MLB did they?
I believe you would be shocked to find out out how many actually did. Maybe someday, they will clean up the NFL too, since they were the first to utilize steroids.

A
Just call me

Gark

Moves
04 Mar 09

w

Moves
05 Mar 09

I believe you would be shocked to find out out how many actually did. Maybe someday, they will clean up the NFL too, since they were the first to utilize steroids.
Why would they clean things up? After all, don't they sell more tickets with juiced up players? What incentive would they have to "clean things up'?