Tri-Nations Rugby 2009

Tri-Nations Rugby 2009

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
30 Aug 09

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
however is Jonathan Kaplin the worst ref under the sun. Twice disallowed a fair try... the guy is absolutely hopeless or corrupt.
Oh BTW, only saw the highlights today of that game. The commentators also agree that both tries should have been disallowed, so what is the problem?

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
30 Aug 09

Originally posted by Crowley
Oh BTW, only saw the highlights today of that game. The commentators also agree that both tries should have been disallowed, so what is the problem?
Did you take the NZ commentary? lol I must admit to being so peeved at the time that one of my eyes closed.

The problem was later explained that Kaplin was preventing the loss of 3 pts of personal appraisal points by picking up on minor infringements just before the crossing of the line.. that wouldn't have happened before this stupid ref rating system. Commenators here reckoned he should have told them where to go and awarded the try in the first place.

Lol we do have our moments ;-0

rc

Moves
05 Sep 09

Australia 21-6 South Africa - wow, does it give the Aussies an outside chance?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
06 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Australia 21-6 South Africa - wow, does it give the Aussies an outside chance?
No, it gives the All Blacks an outside chance.

It was a very good game, especially if you consider the hiding the Aussies almost got the week before.

I'm very impressed with the Aussie scrum.
Who knew a Wallaby side might actually be able to scrum legally and stand up to a world class forward pack? Notwithstanding the bad calls by the ref at scrum time...
I actually agree with Pieter de Villies, it seems scrums are the new grey area for the refs, just when they seem to have sorted out the breakdown - Except Wayne, as he allowed the wallabies to spoil the bok ball constantly at the breakdown.

rc

Moves
07 Sep 09
1 edit

yes i looked at the table, its an almost forgone conclusion. isn't that what wing forwards are supposed to do, spoil the play before the backs can receive the ball? it was when i played rugby, but that was many moons ago and now things are totally different.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
08 Sep 09

Looks like the latest Henry revelation is carter at 1st five with Donald and 2nd Nonu at Centre for the first time in years..

Can the boks score tries... we'll find out at the weekend.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
09 Sep 09

Looks like the latest Henry revelation is carter at 1st five with Donald and 2nd Nonu at Centre for the first time in years..

Can the boks score tries... we'll find out at the weekend.
Hell, we scored 4 against the Wallabies and were on the line 4 times in the last game.
I think the boks have proven they can score...

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
09 Sep 09

;p twice as many as us old chap
If your mates are going to the game they'll love it at Waikato Stadium ..easy to get in and out of, great view right on top of the play and pubs are easy walking distance... best of all very very social place hamilton. (40 mns from home but I'm working.... It will be very very noisy in there.

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
10 Sep 09

;p twice as many as us old chap
If your mates are going to the game they'll love it at Waikato Stadium ..easy to get in and out of, great view right on top of the play and pubs are easy walking distance... best of all very very social place hamilton. (40 mns from home but I'm working.... It will be very very noisy in there.
Still, it's just a club atmosphere as opposed to any local stadiums. Try getting here some time and experiencing Ellis Park with a crowd of 50 000 - then you will know what a real stadium atmosphere is. A bitch to get to, though, and certainly not within walking distance of anything except your car. Get there and get out, or make your own street party.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
10 Sep 09

Originally posted by buffalobill
Still, it's just a club atmosphere as opposed to any local stadiums. Try getting here some time and experiencing Ellis Park with a crowd of 50 000 - then you will know what a real stadium atmosphere is. A bitch to get to, though, and certainly not within walking distance of anything except your car. Get there and get out, or make your own street party.
Lucky to have been at the old Wembley in uk a few times and 55000 at Eden Park in old days.. great atmosphere.
Sandwiched between parties of some of your notoriously enthusiastic lady fans at Ellis would be fun haha

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
11 Sep 09

A bit after the event now, but SA got thrashed. I put it down to the last five percent and that's the bit in the head. They hit us harder and faster, never gave up and we didn't respond with intelligence. SA still are not a very clever team. We just couldn't adapt and I never saw a Plan B. We also really need to pick proper props in their positions instead of recycling hookers. I really believe in Smit and believe he's the right person for the captaincy, but I believe he must play in his position which is hooker.

Pienaar wasn't regarded as the best flanker (way too small) yet he lead the '95 team to the WC. Charisma is more than the sum of the players, and Pienaar had that (still has - I've worked with him).

Next week's a different game and it's rare in any Tri-Nations for a team to be in such a dominant position. I hope SA can lift themselves for this big test. Until then I'm undecided whether we have a decent coach or a group of senior players running the show, or a combination thereof.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
11 Sep 09

A bit after the event now, but SA got thrashed. I put it down to the last five percent and that's the bit in the head. They hit us harder and faster, never gave up and we didn't respond with intelligence. SA still are not a very clever team. We just couldn't adapt and I never saw a Plan B. We also really need to pick proper props in their positions inste ...[text shortened]... decent coach or a group of senior players running the show, or a combination thereof.
good post.

Think your coach is on the money... sure of it.

I also have the money on SA at the weekend. 🙂

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
11 Sep 09
1 edit

In the meantime, I'm excited about the appearance of one Dandre Gerber making his provincial debut this afternoon. Made a beautiful inside centre break with his first touch of the ball. Why excited? He's got impeccable, even the best, genes being the son of one Danie Gerber. How's this for a try against Ireland by the old man?

Major Bone

On yer tail ...

Moves
11 Sep 09

good post.

Think your coach is on the money... sure of it.

I also have the money on SA at the weekend. 🙂
Thanks about the post. I have my doubts about the coach who still seems to have foot-in-the-mouth disease, despite what I think are probably the best handlers they can get.

I reckon I'm with Jake White on the result of tomorrow's game. It will be close, but NZ won't be able to win it by more than seven points. No predictions from my side. NZ will be ring-rusty while SA will be ring-worn.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Sep 09

In the meantime, I'm excited about the appearance of one Dandre Gerber making his provincial debut this afternoon. Made a beautiful inside centre break with his first touch of the ball. Why excited? He's got impeccable, even the best, genes being the son of one Danie Gerber. How's this for a try against Ireland by the old man?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHS10Kg9cHY
Class. Nice video. I love how the wing and fullback run into each other, trying to lay a hand on The Prince.

These days he'd probably be nailed by the open side flanker. It shows how much defensive lines have changed. Notice how you don't see any of the loose 3 in the video?