Two black coaches in superbowl

Two black coaches in superbowl

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
30 Jan 07

Originally posted by telerion
I have a dream when all women, American-Inuit, American-Phillipino, American-Turk, can coach the SB together. Until then we have made no progress in the last 200 years.
I added the necessary edit, but I understand what you mean.

H

Chi-Town:Windy City

Moves
30 Jan 07

Originally posted by telerion
Oh don't even speak of the Native Americans!! They can't even get on the X-games in this racist country!

I have a dream when all men, American-Inuit, American-Phillipino, American-Turk, can coach the SB together. Until then we have made no progress in the last 200 years.
Well, it's pretty hard to get into X-games when your population is dwindled because of mass killings and rapings of your people, as well as killing your natural animals like Ox and Buffalo, and then push the rest out of the territory to either Canadian or lower texan areas.

So get to Time Traveling once again 😉

BC

Moves
30 Jan 07

Can't be mad at the Patriots for winning more games in the last two years than chicago did this decade!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
31 Jan 07

Originally posted by Hypa
Well, it's pretty hard to get into X-games when your population is dwindled because of mass killings and rapings of your people, as well as killing your natural animals like Ox and Buffalo, and then push the rest out of the territory to either Canadian or lower texan areas.
I'm not sure the history you are referring to here because it is a poor summary of any that I know.

Moves
31 Jan 07

Originally posted by SALADIN
Twenty years after Doug Williams become the first black QB to win the Super Bowl, we have two black coaches leading teams out in this year’s game.

One hopes, the white American’s myth of the lack of intellect in the black man can finally be put to rest.
To the muppet that wont write a profile or display a flag, but just LOVES to throw his crap about the most envied nation on earth time and time again, my first impulse, I must confess is to say "take a big suck loser"

H

Chi-Town:Windy City

Moves
31 Jan 07

Originally posted by Wulebgr
I'm not sure the history you are referring to here because it is a poor summary of any that I know.
And what part exactly is poor?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
31 Jan 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Hypa
And what part exactly is poor?
the whole

If you're speaking of Native Americans for example, their numbers were decimated by disease and they were almost entirely run out of Texas (almost the only state in the West without Indian reservations). Wars and massacres (and the frequent rapes) had a minimal effect upon population.

The buffalo were the chief food resource across the Plains, but the population was thinner there than among the farmers in the East and the fishers and whalers on the NW coast, as well as the fruit and nut gatherers in California (who never saw a buffalo).

The Indians in Canada are/were for the most part the Indians that were always there.

T

Moves
31 Jan 07

the whole

If you're speaking of Native Americans for example, their numbers were decimated by disease and they were almost entirely run out of Texas (almost the only state in the West without Indian reservations). Wars and massacres (and the frequent rapes) had a minimal effect upon population.

The buffalo were the chief food resource across the Plains ...[text shortened]... ffalo).

The Indians in Canada are/were for the most part the Indians that were always there.
Do you have a recent figure on the number of plains Indians in North America Wulebgr? I know at one point it was believed to only be about 2 million, but that has been revised I know.

thats what they had listed in my American History text, but I read that a more modern estimate puts it at more like 15 million?

Do people in Spain give themselves hard times about all the Indians they killed as we do in America? always been curious about that.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by Turanthor
Do you have a recent figure on the number of plains Indians in North America Wulebgr? I know at one point it was believed to only be about 2 million, but that has been revised I know.

thats what they had listed in my American History text, but I read that a more modern estimate puts it at more like 15 million?

Do people in Spain give themselves hard times about all the Indians they killed as we do in America? always been curious about that.
I don't have an estimate for the Plains off the top of my head. 15 million seems way too high, even 2 million seems high for the Plains.

North of Mexico (or what would become Mexico) in 1492, there were 5-8 million according to most consensus estimates, and 50-70 million in all of the Americas. Europe had about 50 million at the time, making it more densely populated than the Americas, but there were far larger cities in the Western Hemisphere (among the Mississippians, for example) than anywhere in Europe.

The most densely populated portion of the Plains in 1492 were probably the villages of Mandan, Hidatsa, and Arikara. When Lewis and Clark camped with them the winter of 1804-1805, they were already in decline due to disease and from pressures from other tribes (the Sioux's acquisition of the horse c. 1776 and subsequent expansion onto the Plains comes immediately to mind).

Cabeza de Vaca lived among Indians in Texas for much of the eight years (1528-1536) that he and his companions were "lost" in North America. There is some reason to believe that some villages were quite large, but most of the groups he met were nearly non-existent by the time the Spanish returned to Tejas (disease was certainly the major killer).

In light of the original topic of this thread, it is worth remembering Estevanico, a black slave to one of Cabeza de Vaca's companions (really one of the companions, as all the Spaniards had become slaves to Indians). Estevanico died several years later in battle against some Pueblos, while showing Coronado the way north.

d
Pancake Gobbler

Great Pancake Heist

Moves
01 Feb 07

why is it about color. What does color have anything to do with talent? Why is it two black coaches in the superbowl? Why isn't it about two incredibly talented professional versatile coaches in the superbowl...Im just tired of race barriers being such a big deal. So what your black so what your white what I care about is are you qualified to get the job done

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by deathbypawn
why is it about color. What does color have anything to do with talent? Why is it two black coaches in the superbowl? Why isn't it about two incredibly talented professional versatile coaches in the superbowl...Im just tired of race barriers being such a big deal. So what your black so what your white what I care about is are you qualified to get the job done
it's about history and inequality

read the thread

d
Pancake Gobbler

Great Pancake Heist

Moves
01 Feb 07

a man is a man and a coach is a coach color is not a factor...dwelling on these barriers is only holding society back

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by deathbypawn
a man is a man and a coach is a coach color is not a factor...dwelling on these barriers is only holding society back
Thats what I've been trying to say in this thread, but it seems that many people think it is important to continue to recognize their firsts. I agree that dwelling on it and continuing to raise the issue of inequality helps to continue inequality.

The past should not be forgotten, or lest we forget that history does have a way of repeating itself. I can see both sides of the debate now, but I still think, in agreement with you, that continuing to raise the issue doesn't help the issue.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by PocketKings
I agree that dwelling on it and continuing to raise the issue of inequality helps to continue inequality.
And because you are the history teacher and so well educated on this issue, we should all defer to your judgement. How can we argue with your tautology, when it is so well supported by facts?

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
01 Feb 07
2 edits

And because you are the history teacher and so well educated on this issue, we should all defer to your judgement. How can we argue with your tautology, when it is so well supported by facts?
self-edited for content - basically stated in not so nice words that wooleyburger is a jerk, which you can see from his previous post.