Two black coaches in superbowl

Two black coaches in superbowl

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by PocketKings
self-edited for content - basically stated in not so nice words that wooleyburger is a jerk, which you can see from his previous post.
You repeat yourself over and over, never putting forth an argument based on evidence. Then, you tell us that you know these things as a well educated history teacher after I point out that your views are naive and rooted in ignorance. Then, when you come in again with a repetition of the same nonsense (and still no evidence) that you put forth before, you get your nose out of joint because of a little sarcasm.

Okay. Call me what you will.

I've seen no evidence that you understand what you are talking about, and in my classes (taken by history teachers in training), that means an F. And, yes I've been called a "jerk" and worse before by these stellar scholars.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Feb 07

I hear there is now a master plan to infiltrate hockey next. Pretty soon whites will have to ride in the back of the bus. Just call me the white male Rosa Parks.

seriously, I'm joking. For 40 years nobody made a big deal about having two white coaches in the super bowl. They are just men, just like the rest of the men in the world
...and you don't get that the rhetoric here sounds familiar.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by Wulebgr
You repeat yourself over and over, never putting forth an argument based on evidence. Then, you tell us that you know these things as a well educated history teacher after I point out that your views are naive and rooted in ignorance. Then, when you come in again with a repetition of the same nonsense (and still no evidence) that you put forth before, ...[text shortened]... t means an F. And, yes I've been called a "jerk" and worse before by these stellar scholars.
Do you really want me to send you copies of my degress and teaching certificates? I don't insult your knowledge at all, so don't insult mine. We are talking about opinion here, and ours are different. I can easily you are being naive too. But just because your opinion is so far and away different from mine, doesn't mean that I'm going to.

History teacher in training? please

Don't confuse fact with opinion, they are very, very different things. And just a little advice from a teacher to an apparent future teacher: teach the facts, not your opinion, or you will be fired faster than you can say "jerk"

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
01 Feb 07

...and you don't get that the rhetoric here sounds familiar.
right back at you. this isn't going to end well, and could go on and on and on. However, I need to go teach about the rise of unions. Whats your opinion on that?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Feb 07

Do you really want me to send you copies of my degress and teaching certificates? I don't insult your knowledge at all, so don't insult mine.

I care not for your degrees, nor should you care for mine. At issue is whether that knowledge does you or I any good. I see your opinions, and I disagree. I offer facts in support of mine; if you have offered facts, I missed them.

If you believe there is any factual basis for the opinion that acknowledging a new benchmark of black achievement in American football perpetuates racism, then by all means, share your evidence.

The issue of your credentials, or lack thereof, only became an issue because you offered the information that you are a history teacher when it was observed that you seemed to lack some knowledge of the issues. You've added many posts, but no evidence that I have seen.

And just a little advice from a teacher to an apparent future teacher: teach the facts, not your opinion, or you will be fired faster than you can say "jerk"

ROTFLMAO

Perhaps I was unclear. I teach the classes that are filled with future teachers. Had you taken one of my classes, you would support your views with evidence.

I welcome disagreement and argument. You offer one but not the other.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Feb 07
1 edit

right back at you. this isn't going to end well, and could go on and on and on. However, I need to go teach about the rise of unions. Whats your opinion on that?
There's been enough threadjacking.

H

Chi-Town:Windy City

Moves
01 Feb 07

Yes keeping the race a part of the news won't necessarily "help" the situation, but not talking about it at all isn't any better.

So until you have a magical solution the can undo all the harm done to African-Americans, and also make them 50% of the country instead of 10%, then, EVERY great black moment shall and should be televised, milked, & advertised.

And there's nothing any "I'm so tired of them being black. All I REALLY see are the people inside" people(Like I said before half the people who say this are subtle racists), can do about it.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Feb 07

Originally posted by Hypa
Yes keeping the race a part of the news won't necessarily "help" the situation, but not talking about it at all isn't any better.

So until you have a magical solution the can undo all the harm done to African-Americans, and also make them 50% of the country instead of 10%, then, EVERY great black moment shall and should be televised, milked, & advertised.
...[text shortened]... le(Like I said before half the people who say this are subtle racists), can do about it.
I see no benefit or reason to demand that blacks become 50% of the population. Are you suggesting that we practice infanticide against white infants (as has been done rather covertly against certain non-white through the past centuries)?

In any case, Latinos will soon comprise 50% of the U.S. population according to some projections. Anglo-American hegemony is already residual (to use Raymond Williams' terminology), even though it still appears dominant.

In that case, the self-professed "white male Rosa Parks" may be ahead of his time in ways that are hard for us to fathom. However, there is something strangely asymmetrical in this imagined reversal: perhaps the U.S. in a few years will look a little like South Africa under apartheid, where a white minority holds the lion's share of positions of power. And doesn't that look a little like the Alabame in which Parks grew up?

H

Moves
02 Feb 07
1 edit

I see no benefit or reason to demand that blacks become 50% of the population. Are you suggesting that we practice infanticide against white infants (as has been done rather covertly against certain non-white through the past centuries)?

In any case, Latinos will soon comprise 50% of the U.S. population according to some projections. Anglo-American hegemo positions of power. And doesn't that look a little like the Alabame in which Parks grew up?
I doubt hispanics would make up 50% of the country. Isn't that close to the amount of total whites?

Yes hispanics are reproducing at a faster rate, which is why they surpassed blacks, but still. I'm sure they are like 20% of the country, where as blacks are 10%, I'm guess white are around 55-60%, and asians/middle east/and everyone else combined is around 8%-10%.

I'm not suggesting any kind of "cide"

I was claiming a magical fantasy solution to make the amount of blacks=the amount of whites, or something like that. But you brought up a good point about South Africa, where a small white minority, STILL holds most of the power which I still believe is one of the most bull$hitting things that's going on in any continent. But with the amount of blacks=ingthe whites, there'd be more blacks voting for things to help their neighborhoods be as good as the whites, as well as much more blacks getting into politics as well as being a part of the group that PASSES the bills, that other blacks would vote for.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Feb 07

Yes hispanics are reproducing at a faster rate, which is why they surpassed blacks, but still. I'm sure they are like 20% of the country, where as blacks are 10%, I'm guess white are around 55-60%, and asians/middle east/and everyone else combined is around 8%-10%.

Actually the U.S. Census estimates both Black and Hispanic/Latino as ~12% each. I was referring to projections from the 1990s that Latinos would become ~50% by 2050. Such projections often are a bit like phrenology.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762156.html

H

Moves
05 Feb 07

Actually the U.S. Census estimates both Black and Hispanic/Latino as ~12% each. I was referring to projections from the 1990s that Latinos would become ~50% by 2050. Such projections often are a bit like phrenology.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762156.html
Hmm I doubt that, Hispanics have already been established as the leading minority, and I saw on TV on a Prison commercial, stated blacks make up 10% of the country but like 50%(Forgot exactly), of the people in jail.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
Race is overrated. Who cares if they're black? I didn't notice it until ESPN said it. They put too much emphasis on race in pro sports.
i agree with that entirely...
this belongs in the other forum, but this is a good place to say it...
Obama is overrated to...
ppl are behind him because he's a minority...
What has he achieved...???
nothing
he's a good speaker... that's about it...race is way overrated...

H

Moves
05 Feb 07

Originally posted by rubberjaw30
i agree with that entirely...
this belongs in the other forum, but this is a good place to say it...
Obama is overrated to...
ppl are behind him because he's a minority...
What has he achieved...???
nothing
he's a good speaker... that's about it...race is way overrated...
Are you retarded?

Or Racist?

Maybe both

W
Angler

River City

Moves
05 Feb 07

Hmm I doubt that, Hispanics have already been established as the leading minority, and I saw on TV on a Prison commercial, stated blacks make up 10% of the country but like 50%(Forgot exactly), of the people in jail.
InfoPlease is a generally reliable source; they present a compilation of US Census data to which I referred you. You offer some commercial from TV?

Believe what you will.

H

Moves
06 Feb 07

You can't discredit something just it was on TV. It was a serious AIDS Epidemic commercial.

And those are usually estimates, hence, Nex Generation Video Gaming console sale estimates, are very accurate, yet if Nintendo goes on a commercial, or E3 presentation and states something, then it actual has the better credibility.