1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 00:04
    Brady hurt... pish-posh! Bill could run girl scouts out on the field and still maintain a winning record. In Bill We Trust!

P-
  2. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 00:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Brady hurt... pish-posh! Bill could run girl scouts out on the field and still maintain a winning record. In Bill We Trust!

P-
    I believe!
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 00:27

P-
    I have heard about your Girl scouts. How do you think they recruit all that talent, BB brain. PFFFH. Bill doesn't even have a the ability to coordinate his wardrobe let alone the Pats.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 00:39
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I have heard about your Girl scouts. How do you think they recruit all that talent, BB brain. PFFFH. Bill doesn't even have a the ability to coordinate his wardrobe let alone the Pats.
    YOU DARE DISCOURTESY THE HOODIE?!

p-
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 00:41
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    I believe!
    I brake for Glory and Excellence! [/bumpersticker]

P-
  6. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 01:17

P-
    Damn. You Pats fans are quick to trust people, aren't you? After all that scam, you still "Believe in Bill." How wrong indeed.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 01:26
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Damn. You Pats fans are quick to trust people, aren't you? After all that scam, you still "Believe in Bill." How wrong indeed.
    He wasn't using it to cheat, but he's smart enough to realize the rule was just worded poorly. He got his punishment, served his time (NONE!) and it's all water under the dam now.

No harm, no foul... Bill can forgive the commissioner because he knows he's just trying to keep the NFL flying right. There are other teams (JETS) would would use THEIR FILM to help them in a game in progress, so Bill just let it go.

P-
  8. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 02:58
    Originally posted by Ramned
    When I realized that the camera/film rumor was more than just whiny air coming from desperate coaches, I was hurt and mad. How could they have done this? How could I continue to root for them? How could I continue to be a fan for I team I was so proud of, a team that was America's Team, a team that came together against all odds against all comers and stressed loyalty, pride, selflessness, teamwork, and all the good things in sport? I was going to have to get rid of my Patriots cap. What team would I root for now? Would I even watch football?

But no. I realized that no matter what the coaching staff did or didn't do, what they knew or didn't know, what they taped or what they didn't tape, I knew that the players didn't cheat. I knew that the fans didn't cheat. I knew that Bob Kraft didn't cheat. I was not going to turn my back on all the good things.

I have placed my trust in Commissioner Roger Goodell. I have placed my trust in his judgement that whatever punishment he decided to mete out, then it would be justice. If it meant Bill Belichick was fired, then it would have to be so. If it meant that the Patriots had games forfeited, then that's what it was going to be. But I had to trust that someone was going to make it right or else I would have to walk away from the game as a fan. And so I waited.

Coach Belichick was given the highest fine in NFL history and the Patriots were docked draft picks. Nobody was fired. No games were forfeited. It was decided, and it was over, and I have to trust the NFL on this.

I believe that if there is any team that can be trusted, it is now beyond doubt that it is the Patriots. With all eyes upon this team, they all know they must act with the highest integrity. I believe they have accepted that challenge. I believe they will rise to that challenge. And I believe they will succeed.

They have to succeed in this, because if they don't, if one more time they stoop low as an organization, I will have to place all those memories in a box: from Foxboro Stadium to Gillette, from the "Pat Patriot" logo to "Flying Elvis", from Tippett and Lippet to Bruschi and Vrabel, from Grogan and Morgan to Brady and Moss. I will trust them one more time.

They have to succeed.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 03:14
    When I realized that the camera/film rumor was more than just whiny air coming from desperate coaches, I was hurt and mad. How could they have done this? How could I continue to root for them? How could I continue to be a fan for I team I was so proud of, a team that was America's Team, a team that came together against all odds against all comers and str ...[text shortened]... o Brady and Moss. I will trust them one more time.

They have to succeed.
    Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!@

P-
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 03:26
    When I realized that the camera/film rumor was more than just whiny air coming from desperate coaches, I was hurt and mad. How could they have done this? How could I continue to root for them? How could I continue to be a fan for I team I was so proud of, a team that was America's Team, a team that came together against all odds against all comers and str ...[text shortened]... o Brady and Moss. I will trust them one more time.

They have to succeed.
    Great post, and great team until they play the Cowboys and then I say they sux for at least a whole week before and after the game.

Watch it, the title of "Americas team" doesn't get handed around like the Lombardy Trophy. There is only one true "America's Team" and that is the one and only Dallas Cowboys. Always was always will be. If the pats want to cheat and steal something... go to the Browns and steal a biscuit ya 'dog'.
  11. Under Cover
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 03:31

They have to succeed.
    I got a little misty-eyed reading that.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 12:39
    Coach BB didn't wilt; he knew that any histrionics would only distract his Patriots from the mission of preparing themselves for the season. Coach BB put the team first, which is exactly what he asks of his players. This is what makes the Patriots great.

Peyton Manning is great, but Tom Brady is great, too. Tom Brady has done more with less of a receiv ...[text shortened]... I'm going to take the guy who knows how to handle pressure. I'm taking Tom Brady.
    You Brady guys amaze me!! He was a mediocre college QB. Period!! He is in a system that allows him to excell...Period! He is a good QB, but he is not a great QB. He is not, nor ever will be a Marino, Farve, Montan, Young, Aikman. He is not even close to Peyton Manning. He is a team concept QB. You could insert Trent Green in that offense and it would go. If you put Brady on the Falcons roster now, they would still suck! If you put him on the Dolphins now, they would still suck. Home team rah rah is fine, but get a reality check, please!!!
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 12:41
    It's no mystery how women get pregnant. Didn't your parents ever explain this to you?
    Sure they did. But then again, I didn't go planting my seed in every available patch out there either.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 12:43

P-
    Thanks Phlabby. You just made my case that Brady is a product of the system and not a great QB!!

Well done!!
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 12:44
    I brake for Glory and Excellence! [/bumpersticker]

P-
    Oh, so now you are a Colts fan? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree