1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 12:45
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    He wasn't using it to cheat, but he's smart enough to realize the rule was just worded poorly. He got his punishment, served his time (NONE!) and it's all water under the dam now.

No harm, no foul... Bill can forgive the commissioner because he knows he's just trying to keep the NFL flying right. There are other teams (JETS) would would use THEIR FILM to help them in a game in progress, so Bill just let it go.

P-
    It is amazing what money can get you out of, isn't it? Wait until they find out that Belichek was the money behind Michael Vick's dog pound!!!! LOL
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 12:46
    Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!@

P-
    Nice one Mr. Blutarsky!!
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 22:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You Brady guys amaze me!! He was a mediocre college QB. Period!! He is in a system that allows him to excell...Period! He is a good QB, but he is not a great QB. He is not, nor ever will be a Marino, Farve, Montan, Young, Aikman. He is not even close to Peyton Manning. He is a team concept QB. You could insert Trent Green in that offense and it would go ...[text shortened]... lphins now, they would still suck. Home team rah rah is fine, but get a reality check, please!!!
    You Brady guys amaze me!!

Thanks, we are pretty amazing, aren't we.

He was a mediocre college QB. Period!!

During Brady's first first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts (350) and completions in a season (214). The Wolverines won 20 of 25 games when he started and shared the Big Ten Conference title in 1998. Brady capped that season off with a win over Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl. In the 1999 season, Brady led Michigan to an overtime win in the Orange Bowl over Alabama, throwing for 369 yards and four touchdowns. Yeah, I can see how that really sucks. (college info courtesy of wiki)

He is in a system that allows him to excell...Period! He is a good QB, but he is not a great QB. He is not, nor ever will be a Marino, Farve...

Brady isn't Marino; Brady has already won 3 Super Bowls to Marino's zero.
    Brady isn't Favre; Brady has already won 3 Super Bowls to Favre's one.

...Montana, Young, Aikman. He is not even close to Peyton Manning. He is a team concept QB.

You disrespect Brady as a team concept QB, and then contrast him with Montana, Young, and Favre? Does the phrase "West Coast Offense" mean anything to you? Montana, Young, and Favre are nothing if not "system quarterbacks" who thrived in the West Coast System. Young used his excellent decision making and his athletic running ability to get out of trouble, and Favre has all his escapability and back-foot tosses and shovel-passes that make the crowd ooh and aah, but Brady has none of these. Brady simply utilizes his superior passing ability and pocket-presence! It's his lack of "extras" compared to Young and Favre that show just how great Tom Brady must be! Even Joe Montana said that Brady had all the skills he had with the Niners, but with an even stronger arm (Dan Patrick show on ESPN Radio). Peyton is a great quarterback, and I think he may end up being the greatest QB ever (in a tie with Tom Brady of course), but Peyton still needs to win a few more Super Bowls and surpass Dan Marino and Brett Favre's records in order to be undisputed king of the gridiron.

You could insert Trent Green in that offense and it would go.

That is absolute bull-vista!

If you put Brady on the Falcons roster now, they would still suck! If you put him on the Dolphins now, they would still suck.

If you put Marino/Favre/Montana/Young/Aikman/Manning on the Falcons or the Dolphins, they would still suck, too.

Home team rah rah is fine, but get a reality check, please!!!

i has destroeyed ur arguments. u r pwned!
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 00:28
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    [b]You Brady guys amaze me!!

During Brady's first first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts (350) and completions in a season (214). The Wolverines won 20 of 25 games when he started and shared the Big Ten Conference title ...[text shortened]... ut get a reality check, please!!![/b]

i has destroeyed ur arguments. u r pwned![/b]
    First of all meat....I am not an Indy fan, not am I from Indy. Your Brady college numbers are dwarfed by every one of the other QB's I mentioned.

I'm not saying Brady is a slug, just that he is over-hyped. Put Marino, Farve, Montana, Aikman, Young in with that team and they would have excelled beyond Brady. Manning is consistently out-performing him. I don't really care if you are rah rah for "your guy" and I have no vested interest in the arguement.
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 03:03
    [b]You Brady guys amaze me!!

During Brady's first first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts (350) and completions in a season (214). The Wolverines won 20 of 25 games when he started and shared the Big Ten Conference title ...[text shortened]... ut get a reality check, please!!![/b]

i has destroeyed ur arguments. u r pwned![/b]
    I don't think Brady is actually the top rated Quarterback in the NFL, not even close. I don't think he ever was. If you are Judging him by Super bowl wins that is just silly. If the water boy was there during those same Super bowls years does that make the water boy better than all the other water boys because of the team he supplied water to? There are players that have Super bowl rings that never took a single snap in a game. Brady was just one player on the roster of many. He played pretty good but not great. There are many keys to getting to the Super bowl. In a tougher division, they wouldn't even have had a chance. Come to the NFC East division some time and play against those guys every year and you will see what tough is.
  6. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 03:49
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    ... Come to the NFC East division some time and play against those guys every year and you will see what tough is.
    Your wish has been granted.

October 14: Patriots @ Cowboys
    October 28: Redskins @ Patriots
    November 22: Eagles @ Patriots
    December 29: Patriots @ Giants
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 08:59
    Your wish has been granted.

October 14: Patriots @ Cowboys
    October 28: Redskins @ Patriots
    November 22: Eagles @ Patriots
    December 29: Patriots @ Giants
    And they are going to wish it wasn't.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 13:09
    And they are going to wish it wasn't.
    Why?

October 14: Patriots over Cowboys
    October 28: Redskins beat by Patriots
    November 22: Eagles beat by Patriots
    December 29: Patriots spank Giants
  9. USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 13:221 edit
    I have no vested interest in the arguement.
    really?
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 13:241 edit
    First of all meat....I am not an Indy fan, not am I from Indy. Your Brady college numbers are dwarfed by every one of the other QB's I mentioned.

I'm not saying Brady is a slug, just that he is over-hyped. Put Marino, Farve, Montana, Aikman, Young in with that team and they would have excelled beyond Brady. Manning is consistently out-performing him. ally care if you are rah rah for "your guy" and I have no vested interest in the arguement.
    Brady NEVER had the weapons that Manning has ALWAYS had.

Brady?! Wind him up and watch him go! He's better.

P-

Breaking News! Tom Brady wins NFL Player of the Month!

back to you, cash...
  11. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 15:22
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Predict how your team will do in week 5!
    Titans crush Falcons this week. The defense will continue to excel against a weak Falcon offense. The running game will continue to thrive as one of the best in the league right now. Plus the Titans had their bye week and got some rest. 🙂
  12. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 22:34

P-

[b]Breaking News!
    Tom Brady wins NFL Player of the Month!

back to you, cash...[/b]
    Darn. That award belongs the Marc Bulger! Nobody has withstood nearly as much pain as that Quarterback this month.
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 03:22

P-

[b]Breaking News!
    Tom Brady wins NFL Player of the Month!

back to you, cash...[/b]
    What do you mean Brady doesn't have any weapons. You mean, Randy Moss isn't a weapon? He has the same opportunities all NFL's teams have. By the way, The Cowboys help subsidies the NE pat's. Who were they before NFL welfare.

Breaking News! Tom Brady wins NFL Player of the Month! Never do it without Randy Moss and Bill Bellicheat.
  14. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 04:341 edit
    ... [Tom Brady would never get player of the month] without Randy Moss and Bill Bellicheat.
    In 2005, with Corey Dillon suffering year-long injuries (209 rushes, 733 yds, 3.5 avg), and no back-up running back on the roster (Heath Evans was the next leading rusher with 51 rushes, 192 yards, and a 3.8 avg), every Patriots opponent loaded up against the pass to stomp the over-hyped, "system-QB" Tom Brady into the ground. And without a complementary running game, and no Randy Moss, or Donte Stallworth, or Wes Welker, what could poor ineffectual Tom Brady do?

He led the entire league in passing yardage!
    335 completions, 530 attempts, 63% , 4110 yards, 26 TDs, 14 int.

I'm sure that the Brady-haters want to give credit to the receiving corps, so who were his top four?

Deion Branch . . 78 rec 998 yds 12.8
    David Givens . . 59 rec 738 yds 12.5
    Troy Brown . . . 39 rec 466 yds 11.9
    Kevin Faulk . . . 29 rec 260 yds 9.0

Yeah, I can see at a glance that Brady was just riding the coattails of that star-studded list. Player of the Month? Brady should've gotten Player of the Year for leading the league in passing yardage with his 2005 team. Repent, and ask Tom Brady for forgiveness for your disbelief of his majesty.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 04:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree