What rule changes would you make to sport?

What rule changes would you make to sport?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
22 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It came down to the last over!? Gosh. 😲
You missed some beautiful stroke play and some awesome bowling. 😀

Ro

Moves
22 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
FMF you missed a peach of a game, Rajastan Royals made 185 with Watson making a 101 I think and Chennai super Kings chased it down with a last over finish, Hussey Scoring 88 and Suresh Raina 50 something, what a match. Pure drama!
Personally, I prefer a quick 18 on a Scottish links, rounded off with a nice nip of Bells.

rc

Moves
22 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Personally, I prefer a quick 18 on a Scottish links, rounded off with a nice nip of Bells.
y y y y you drink Bells, Good Lord, someone as posh as you as well, next you will be confessing to drinking instant coffee, urgh, perish the thought!

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
22 Apr 13

FMF you missed a peach of a game, Rajastan Royals made 185 with Watson making a 101 I think and Chennai super Kings chased it down with a last over finish, Hussey Scoring 88 and Suresh Raina 50 something, what a match. Pure drama!
Yep.. it was a good one. Twisted and turned like a twisty turny thing.

rc

Moves
22 Apr 13

Originally posted by thaughbaer
Yep.. it was a good one. Twisted and turned like a twisty turny thing.
sigh, do you think we shall ever reach Rank outsider and FMF?

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
22 Apr 13

sigh, do you think we shall ever reach Rank outsider and FMF?
No. I think that ship has sailed. But to be honest, I think it was chugging off over the horizon before we even reached the port. Bon voyage mes amis.

Ro

Moves
22 Apr 13
1 edit

No. I think that ship has sailed. But to be honest, I think it was chugging off over the horizon before we even reached the port. Bon voyage mes amis.
Now, now.

I am taking my Dad and Mum to a T20 game at Lords for my Dad's eightieth birthday.

We may even have a Pimms. But crushed ice?

Dearie me, no, no, no.

😕

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
22 Apr 13

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

It doesn't work with me.
Your "Just because you did not use those exact words doesn't mean I can't understand the intended sentiment" straw man doesn't work with me, either, and I'd say it sells the discussion we've had short. 😀

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
23 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Your "Just because you did not use those exact words doesn't mean I can't understand the intended sentiment" straw man doesn't work with me, either, and I'd say it sells the discussion we've had short. 😀
Oh no. You've said "strawman" in the Sports forum. No you're right. My mistake. You're one of the 'White Mischief' girls.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Now, now.

I am taking my Dad and Mum to a T20 game at Lords for my Dad's eightieth birthday.

We may even have a Pimms. But crushed ice?

Dearie me, no, no, no.

😕
I once took a young lady i was dating to the Grosvenor hotel in Glasgow so we could
have a drink in the foyer, i order two Pimms with crushed ice and lemonade, it cost like
a tenner a glass or something outrageous like that, I was somewhat annoyed when
afterwards she stated that the alcohol had little affect on her, I suggested drinking it
with a straw next time! 😵

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

Oh no. You've said "strawman" in the Sports forum. No you're right. My mistake. You're one of the 'White Mischief' girls.
It's been interesting to see how personally you and robbie have taken this difference of opinions, especially robbie. I don't quite understand why it has to be like this. 🙂

Ro

Moves
23 Apr 13

I once took a young lady i was dating to the Grosvenor hotel in Glasgow so we could
have a drink in the foyer, i order two Pimms with crushed ice and lemonade, it cost like
a tenner a glass or something outrageous like that, I was somewhat annoyed when
afterwards she stated that the alcohol had little affect on her, I suggested drinking it
with a straw next time! 😵
That'll learn you for not sticking to the tried and tested method of a couple of bottles of Bucky, then back to your place for a Rumbledethumps or, if you are feeling generously disposed, a full Munchybox.

(Hoping, of course, that she doesn't suggest a Clapshot the next day.)

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
It's been interesting to see how personally you and robbie have taken this difference of opinions, especially robbie. I don't quite understand why it has to be like this. 🙂
I don't take things personally. I just like to say stupid things . The big man is at the crease. It's a Yes Bank maximum. Six over cover.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
23 Apr 13
1 edit

I don't take things personally. I just like to say stupid things . The big man is at the crease. It's a Yes Bank maximum. Six over cover.
Quickest century in IPL ( possibly T20 ) history... 102 off 30... the last six ( 112m ) knocked bits off the roof of the stand.