What rule changes would you make to sport?

What rule changes would you make to sport?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rank outsider
That'll learn you for not sticking to the tried and tested method of a couple of bottles of Bucky, then back to your place for a Rumbledethumps or, if you are feeling generously disposed, a full Munchybox.

(Hoping, of course, that she doesn't suggest a Clapshot the next day.)
sigh, she was such a pretty girl, from Devon, we ate clotted crème high teas together, visited Taunton and a little pub with a fire that had not been extinguished for hundreds of years and explored the coves. I took her to Glen Coe and she loved those mountains. Coincidentally enough we did visit Buckfast Abbey when I was down there, but it was closed and sadly had to make do with licking the widows of the visitor centre and coveting the t-shirts that were for sale! although I did manage to get a fleeting glimpse of one of the legendary black robed friars. 😵

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by thaughbaer
Quickest century in IPL ( possibly T20 ) history... 102 off 30... the last six ( 112m ) knocked bits off the roof of the stand.
what the heck, what are you watching?

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what the heck, what are you watching?
RCB versus PWI

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13

RCB versus PWI
RCB, ouch, our greatest rivals!

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
23 Apr 13

RCB, ouch, our greatest rivals!
153 off 53 with 5 overs still to go... I don't care what anyone says.. that's special.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13
1 edit

153 off 53 with 5 overs still to go... I don't care what anyone says.. that's special.
wow, just wow! They will be bhangra dancing in Banglore this evening!

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Sport is often notoriously reluctant to make rule changes, for fear of damaging the essential nature of the game. What changes would you make, however, to improve any game of your choice?

Two that spring to mind for me are:

Cricket

Thaughbaer rightly mentions in another thread how the conditions in cricket can have a huge influence on the gam ...[text shortened]... d attacking suddenly become defensive and attritional.

Do you agree? What would you change?
I would replace all American sports with European sports. 😏

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by bill718
I would replace all American sports with European sports. 😏
What do you do if you like a mix ? I prefer Cricket to Baseball but American Football to Rubgy ?

p

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
What about in soccer [among compatriots I'd refer to it as Association Football, but I don't feel as though I am among compatriots], if all "throw ins" were actually free kicks taken from the appropriate point on the touchline?
"among compatriots " you refer to football as "association football " i can honestly say i have never once in my 52yrs life time heard anyone say " did you see the asociated football match the other day "or "are you going to the association football game today ".. you must be taking the "mickey "... either that or you are prone to wearing a stripped jacket ,straw bowler and say "wotho chaps spiffing time ,what,what !"

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

Originally posted by phil3000
"among compatriots " you refer to football as "association football " i can honestly say i have never once in my 52yrs life time heard anyone say " did you see the asociated football match the other day "or "are you going to the association football game today ".. you must be taking the "mickey "... either that or you are prone to wearing a stripped jacket ,straw bowler and say "wotho chaps spiffing time ,what,what !"
You've hit the nail on the head.

Taking The Mickey Out Of You, Specifically ...or... Prone to Wearing a Stripped Jacket, Straw Bowler and say "Wotho chaps spiffing time ,what,what !"

You decide. 😵

F

Moves
23 Apr 13

What do you do if you like a mix ? I prefer Cricket to Baseball but American Football to Rubgy ?
I prefer Rugby Union to American Football, but American Football to Rugby League. I like Rugby League a lot more than a lot of other Rugby Union fans do. I think Aussie Rules football may be the best football code of them all, but the history of these things is what it is. I don't get Handball. Not at all. What an ugly, untidy game. Baseball is brilliant as long as there is expert commentary. It's better than Indian Professional League cricket. Test cricket and judo are the best sports. Croquet would make a good TV sport. But the world is not fair.

rc

Moves
23 Apr 13
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I prefer Rugby Union to American Football, but American Football to Rugby League. I like Rugby League a lot more than a lot of other Rugby Union fans do. I think Aussie Rules football may be the best football code of them all, but the history of these things is what it is. I don't get Handball. Not at all. What an ugly, untidy game. Baseball is brilliant as long t and judo are the best sports. Croquet would make a good TV sport. But the world is not fair.
what the heck you super snob, Royal challengers Bangalore post one of the greatest scores in T20 history and you prefer baseball, could not bring yourself to check it out lest you find it entertaining, you'd rather watch 103 minutes of nothingness and claim it was edge of the seat stuff? IPL is the greatest tournament in history, it has opened up cricket and taken it from the realms of old fuddies and brought it to an appreciative audience!

F

Moves
24 Apr 13

what the heck you super snob, Royal challengers Bangalore post one of the greatest scores in T20 history and you prefer baseball, could not bring yourself to check it out lest you find it entertaining, you'd rather watch 103 minutes of nothingness and claim it was edge of the seat stuff? IPL is the greatest tournament in history, it has opened up cricket and taken it from the realms of old fuddies and brought it to an appreciative audience!
I am not a fan of IPL, robbie. I like watching golf; I know you're not a fan.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
I am not a fan of IPL, robbie. I like watching golf; I know you're not a fan.
its not the same FMF, you claim to like cricket, is it the IPL or is it T20 that you dont like? Warren Hastings and Lord Dalhousie have nothing on you FMF!

F

Moves
24 Apr 13

its not the same FMF, you claim to like cricket, is it the IPL or is it T20 that you dont like? Warren Hastings and Lord Dalhousie have nothing on you FMF!
I do not like the T20 format. I don't even much care for the 50 over format and I've let international series slip by many times without paying much attention. I am a fan of first class cricket.