1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 09:42
    did anybody across the big pond watch barca v chelsea and think it was boring?......what a game.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 11:44
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    did anybody across the big pond watch barca v chelsea and think it was boring?......what a game.
    I watched and that was not boring at all. However, what was boring was seeing Barcelona try the same old scoring tactics over and over in spite of these not working. Any team unable to score after going one man up or other team down and also allowing two short handed goals, missing a PK is a team in need of a serious shakedown. On the flip side, Chelsea showed the guts, grit and team work I admire in heavy underdogs. They were not the least bit scared of Barcelona. I wish other professional sports would take notice!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 12:44
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I watched and that was not boring at all. However, what was boring was seeing Barcelona try the same old scoring tactics over and over in spite of these not working. Any team unable to score after going one man up or other team down and also allowing two short handed goals, missing a PK is a team in need of a serious shakedown. On the flip side, Chelsea ...[text shortened]... were not the least bit scared of Barcelona. I wish other professional sports would take notice!
    I agree. Barca have been 'figured out' by other teams. Similar issue with Arsenal a while back; no matter how technically good you are, you still need a Plan B.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 14:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I agree. Barca have been 'figured out' by other teams. Similar issue with Arsenal a while back; no matter how technically good you are, you still need a Plan B.
    i think they are soooo good that it doesnt matter if they have been found out. i dont think they need a plan b tactically. i think they need a bigger squad, a few players looked a bit jaded and the replacement squad players didnt seem up to the job.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '12 20:09
    i think they are soooo good that it doesnt matter if they have been found out. i dont think they need a plan b tactically. i think they need a bigger squad, a few players looked a bit jaded and the replacement squad players didnt seem up to the job.
    Agreed. The subs didn't change their game.

To be as por at the back as Barca are, they need to be spot on up front all the time.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Apr '12 11:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Agreed. The subs didn't change their game.

To be as por at the back as Barca are, they need to be spot on up front all the time.
    The poor play by Pique along with poor play up front seem to have knocked Barca down a notch. I am sure they can find some new parts to plug in those holes. They looked human and Chelsea looked superhuman! I doubt they'll beat Bayern Munich, but then again I doubted they could beat Barca!
  7. Standard memberSlitfaceguy
    Chief (Ret)
    Las Vegas
    Moves
    06 May '12 06:36
    i interested to know, what is it about soccer* american football fans hate so much? is it the low scorelines? what games have they watched to develop their opinions from? do american football fans generally like other team sports? is it just american sports they like? do they like rugby? i need to understand why the beautiful game is hated so much. i wa ...[text shortened]... ther sports around at the time that goes by the name of football. which of coarse is football.
    For me; Understanding 'off sides' and other crappy rules. I hate all the acting that goes on as well. My wife loves that game and still plays park league and makes our kids play. None of my kids are really into it. My youngest son just stares at the grass and ignores the game as it goes on around him.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 May '12 09:24
    Originally posted by Slitfaceguy
    For me; Understanding 'off sides' and other crappy rules. I hate all the acting that goes on as well. My wife loves that game and still plays park league and makes our kids play. None of my kids are really into it. My youngest son just stares at the grass and ignores the game as it goes on around him.
    That last statement sounds like the Scottish national side .😏😏
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '12 21:10
    imho, Americans should call "their football" - a bodyball (in Australia and New Zealand they can keep "rugby"😉; there isn't much kicking in this "sport" anyway, and they should let Europeans keep old name instead of calling it soccer.

By the way Brazilians often play football barefooted.

Yeah, I know 2 things:
    1. soccer is of English origin
    and
    2. it has nothing to do with socks but some kind of shoes.

Still, football is better term than soccer.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 May '12 02:27
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    imho, Americans should call "their football" - a bodyball (in Australia and New Zealand they can keep "rugby"😉; there isn't much kicking in this "sport" anyway, and they should let Europeans keep old name instead of calling it soccer.

By the way Brazilians often play football barefooted.

Yeah, I know 2 things:
    1. soccer is of English origin
    and
    ...[text shortened]... g to do with socks but some kind of shoes.

Still, football is better term than soccer.
    Soccer is an abbreviation for aSOCiation-style football.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 May '12 11:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Soccer is an abbreviation for aSOCiation-style football.
    Nah! It stems from old socks being filled with rocks then tied with rubber bands and kicked along . Just like "golf" was them Scots not knowing how to spell hole!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree