1. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 04:11
    Originally posted by richfeet
    Jealousy and Racism and the fact that the sport is too Black is the main reasons Whites seem to love baseball which has more White players then both the NFL and the NBA But most Black fans follow the NFL AND THE NBA.
    Support this statement with facts or shut up.
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 04:13
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    It could very well be that Americans in general (and let's not forget that the black population of America is only about 13% of the population) are tired of supporting a sport that is represented by mostly uneducated thugs. And don't call me a racist again rich, it is what it is. The NBA (and certainly the NFL) certainly are not drafting for education ...[text shortened]... e of me or my history.

I've come to believe you are just fishing for trouble.

Frank
    Wasn't that more of a 70's phenomon. Geoff Petrie, Larry Steele, Bill Walton,

I think of that era ending with Sam Bowie.

And then the Trailblazers became a haven for pot heads.

How does that all coincide with the Allen era?
  3. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 04:15
    And furthermore, if white Americans are so patently racist, why is a sport like baseball (which virtually employs every race and nationality in the world) so supported?

Could it be the history of the game? (Here comes your obligatory Negro Leagues statement...)
  4. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 04:16
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Wasn't that more of a 70's phenomon. Geoff Petrie, Larry Steele, Bill Walton,

I think of that era ending with Sam Bowie.

And then the Trailblazers became a haven for pot heads.

How does that all coincide with the Allen era?
    Your rebuttal is swiss cheese Red...

Stop trying to be such a bleeding heart. Or is richfeet your other account?
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 04:19
    NBA Basketball is followed by fans in the USA, Canada, and around the world however in the midwest of the USA it seems sometimes as if white males dislike the NBA and i think its due to the fact that its a mostly Black sport and many whites find it hard to root for a team however its their lost .
    This phenomena is a well-documented in the economics literature. Here is one article that reviews and discusses findings.

http://jse.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/6/2/144.pdf
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 04:22
    Support this statement with facts or shut up.
    I can understand why you would find the accusation unsettling, but the facts are well-documented. See the article I linked above and check out some of the references from it.
  7. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 04:293 edits
    Originally posted by telerion
    I can understand why you would find the accusation unsettling, but the facts are well-documented. See the article I linked above and check out some of the references from it.
    I went to the site but it seems I would be required to pay for the pleasure of reading it. That being said, since the midwest is specifically identified, could the results of the study the article you cited be skewed due to the ethnic populations of the midwest vs the east and west coasts? Certainly the east and southeast areas where a great deal of the black population resides due to historical events could very well respond with differnent likes, dislikes, and opinions.

Just a thought, I'm not trying to argue with you. But these studies are like graphs, you can make them seem just as dramatic as need be by the presentation. I suspect it is tainted. And it is only one article. In this age of the internet it is likely that yet another source could be cited that would refute this.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 05:28
    I went to the site but it seems I would be required to pay for the pleasure of reading it. That being said, since the midwest is specifically identified, could the results of the study the article you cited be skewed due to the ethnic populations of the midwest vs the east and west coasts? Certainly the east and southeast areas where a great deal of t ...[text shortened]... age of the internet it is likely that yet another source could be cited that would refute this.
    I'm sorry that you could not see the article. I didn't realize it required payment. I'm a PhD graduate student, and so I'm on my university network. They must have a subscription to the journal because when I put in the url I go straight to a pdf document.

Trust me. The link was not another hack job from an amateur that you find all over the net these days. It is an article published in the Journal of Sports Economics, a respected journal in the field. I just cited the article to give people something to chew on and perhaps look over the referenced journal articles at the end to get a better idea of the phenomena.

Since you (and likely most people here) can't read it without paying, I'll go through it myself and give you a report.
  9. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 08:48
    Thank you, sounds interesting.
  10. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 18:01
    Frank Burns if you are a Racist you dont hide it very well i meet your type all the time.
  11. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 19:44
    Frank Burns if you are a Racist you dont hide it very well i meet your type all the time.
    Richfeet, if you are an English major your sentences certainly hide it quite well. What you wrote makes no sense.

If you know so much about me, and can prove to the RHP community, do it right here right now. You can even start a new thread in any forum you desire and label it "Irrefutable Proof that Frank Burns is a Racist!'

If you can't do this, then you need to stop accusing me of something you can't prove to be true. If you don't stop accusing me, I'm taking it to the mods.
  12. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 21:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 21:39
    NBA Basketball is followed by fans in the USA, Canada, and around the world however in the midwest of the USA it seems sometimes as if white males dislike the NBA and i think its due to the fact that its a mostly Black sport and many whites find it hard to root for a team however its their lost .
    .... so the WHITE AMERICANS are racist and very very sad people who refuse to watch a sport because its dominated by BLACKS.

..it is truly a sad reflaxtion on us that we let a bunch of dog poo like the US of A become the 'top' nation in the world.

KKK and racism is still alive in the USA and the sooner people realises that the better the world will be.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 21:48
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    .... so the WHITE AMERICANS are racist and very very sad people who refuse to watch a sport because its dominated by BLACKS.

..it is truly a sad reflaxtion on us that we let a bunch of dog poo like the US of A become the 'top' nation in the world.

KKK and racism is still alive in the USA and the sooner people realises that the better the world will be.
    And the other nations of the world are completely free of prejudice! Yeah, right. 🙄

Prejudice is a human problem, not just an American one.
  15. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 22:10
    If you believe that white males have abandoned following the NBA, maybe it is because the game has changed over the years from one of 'fundamentals' to street ball and trash talking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree