1. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 09:46
    NBA Basketball is followed by fans in the USA, Canada, and around the world however in the midwest of the USA it seems sometimes as if white males dislike the NBA and i think its due to the fact that its a mostly Black sport and many whites find it hard to root for a team however its their lost .
  2. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 11:42
    i thought the old saying was blacks can jump higher and whites can shoot further!
  3. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 17:20
    I've never liked basketball except for the NCAA tournament in the spring and it has nothing to do with color. I just don't like watching really big guys bouncing around in short pants. The NCAA tournament, however, is exciting enough to keep me watching. Or maybe it's just that those really big guys in short pants look more attractive to me in the spring.
  4. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 17:38
    lol spring fever lol
  5. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 18:28
    Jealousy and Racism and the fact that the sport is too Black is the main reasons Whites seem to love baseball which has more White players then both the NFL and the NBA But most Black fans follow the NFL AND THE NBA.
  6. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 19:20
    I am male, white but not american.

I have stop watching NBA the day Jordan retired.

So the answer to your question could be : maybe because it's now just so boring!
  7. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 19:54
    There is probably an unfortunate amount of truth to the racist argument.

However; I think the bigger issue is the playoffs. Hockey and Basketball have expended their playoffs to such an extent that the regular season has become minimalized.

The NBA plays an 82 game season to decide the top 16 teams out of 29. Who cares?

Same thing holds true in Hockey, where racism isn't an issue.
  8. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 21:46
    Originally posted by Jee

So the answer to your question could be : maybe because it's now just so boring!
    But today you have new stars like Lebron James,Wayne Wade etc. basketball is not boring if you know the game its a like like chess which a lot of people think is boring but its not.
  9. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 21:46
    Originally posted by Jee

But today you have new stars like Lebron James,Wayne Wade etc. basketball is not boring if you know the game its a like like chess which a lot of people think is boring but its not.
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 21:48
    Originally posted by richfeet
    Deja vu?
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '06 21:52
    football is a contact sport, basketball is dancing around on the court like faries. they are athletic, but its no fun to watch them get penalized for hitting. football is better for that reason, youre supposed to hit.
  12. Joined
    31 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 09:58
    white males in the midwest dont like basketball...i guess after jordan retired in chicago they lost a lot of fans. but i love basketball!! you cant knock basketball its a great sport, very uptempo and exciting. I play basketball on my high school team right now and next year ill be playing in college 🙂.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Dec '06 05:22
    Love the NBA it has it's issues but what sport doesn't I'm a white male LOL 🙂

Manny
  14. Standard memberoilman
    Glory To GOD !
    Jesus Is Lord !!
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 20:53
    White male Love the NBA,,,,, ....... Lakers are in the house !! I do not think that your statement is correct.... I think alot of White males love the game, it is just that there are not of tall white males that play good.... We love the game !!
  15. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 04:082 edits
    Originally posted by richfeet
    NBA Basketball is followed by fans in the USA, Canada, and around the world however in the midwest of the USA it seems sometimes as if white males dislike the NBA and i think its due to the fact that its a mostly Black sport and many whites find it hard to root for a team however its their lost .
    It could very well be that many Americans (and let's not forget that the black population of America is only about 13% of the population) are tired of supporting a sport that is represented by mostly uneducated thugs. And don't call me a racist again rich, it is what it is. The NBA (and certainly the NFL) certainly are not drafting for education and/or societal skills. And collegiate athletic associations are doing nothing to promote the futures of any athlete, no matter what race, in the individuals best interest.

Could it be that Americans in general (not just whites) are tired of this "machine" that just crudely churns out athlete after athlete only to discard them when the function they were molded for is over?

In the 80's and early 90's the Portland Trailblazers recruited not only for skill but for the admirable traits and character of the individual. And they were able to do it with great success. I happen to know that as I lived in Portland in that era (and still do) and due to the legal problems with the pro athletes around here, a great deal of the community here has abandoned a team they used to support whole heartedly.

You seem to like to fling the race card around quite a bit. I remember you accusing me of being a racist some time back. Even though you have absolutely no knowledge of me or my history.

I've come to believe you are just fishing for trouble.

Frank

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree