1. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 02:263 edits
    Fifa referees are getting good at making Penalty's appear out of nothing in Socceroo matches,.
    This game they even showed us a new trick, the harry Kewell dispearing act...Harry is such a handy player for the socceroos that no matter what part of the body the ball touches him it must deemed as a hand ball.

the ref was never Ghana let the Aussie win this match, yet playng with 10 men still were the better team.....Addy should have been sent off,.

Fifa havent quite succeeded yet in disposing of Australia from the tournament....the Yellow card fiasco in the Germany game is extremely suspcious of match fixing....must be some inside betting going on there....
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 03:56
    Originally posted by barstudd
    Fifa referees are getting good at making Penalty's appear out of nothing in Socceroo matches,.
    This game they even showed us a new trick, the harry Kewell dispearing act...Harry is such a handy player for the socceroos that no matter what part of the body the ball touches him it must deemed as a hand ball.

the ref was never Ghana let the Aussie win this ...[text shortened]... y game is extremely suspcious of match fixing....must be some inside betting going on there....
    I'm with you. According to the rule that was not even a hand ball, let alone a penalty and therefore not a send off! Mighty suspicious indeed. Look at what they did to USA in Slovenia game!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 05:29
    Looks like handball to me - check 22 seconds in:

YouTube
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 06:59
    Aussies redeem themselves from the pitiful display against Germany.
    Keep Bresciano on as long as he is fit.

The fate of the Aussies in 2010 is in the hands of the footballing gods. Good luck to them.
  5. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 08:173 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Looks like handball to me - check 22 seconds in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruqYya6aeyA
    It hit him on the top of the arm...the bicep.
    the bicep is not the hand.

the ball struck him, and yes he had to put himself between the ball and the goal which he did, but he still did not stick his hand deliberatly in the way to commit a hand ball, the ball no matter where he placed his arm was always going to hit him in that region by no fault of his own.

So benefit of the doubt Ghana get cheap penalty 1-1.
    but for referee to consider it as a sending off offence is way over the top....there must be other reasoning by such irrational decisions. the Germany v Serbia game was another example and it just so happens to be the same group...kept constantly handing out yellow cards to Germany until they had a man sent off.

So a cheap penalty and a man down, not to mention the Aussies number 1 player Mr H. Kewell.

okay Harry is sent off, earlier in the game he took a dive and pleaded for a penalty but it was not given, Italy took a dive like that 4 years ago and the ref didnt hesitate to give a penalty,harry's dive even looked more real than that....he didnt hesitate to give Ghana a penalty either...and even Addy's offence was over looked, he should have been red carded.

Australia will be all fired up against Serbia and victorious without a doubt, they will also scrape into the top 2.
  6. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 08:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Aussies redeem themselves from the pitiful display against Germany.
    Keep Bresciano on as long as he is fit.

The fate of the Aussies in 2010 is in the hands of the footballing gods. Good luck to them.
    There is only one God...

and he will be at the world cup, saving souls and showing his devine power, he will be with the Socceroos, as a testimony that no matter how bad things may look there is always hope.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:07
    There is only one God...

and he will be at the world cup, saving souls and showing his devine power, he will be with the Socceroos, as a testimony that no matter how bad things may look there is always hope.
    HeheπŸ˜€...sure thing...just a figure of speech.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:15
    FAIL

Learn the rules before you criticize FIFA, buddy.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:271 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    FAIL

Learn the rules before you criticize FIFA, buddy.
    😡

the "bicep" of god...
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:32
    Oh dear! 😞

D
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:352 edits
    The more I look at this more obvious it is a deliberate hand (bicep) ball.

Look at 25 secs to 28 secs you can see Kewell moving towards the ball to intercept it. It is probable that his intention was to chest it, but with the "new ball" etc blah blah - it's a big risk which he decided to take.

It's a pen and a red because it would have been a goal and it looks deliberate because of his body movement.

Edit: sorry socceroos, it sucks I know but he got it right.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 09:44
    This reminds me of this penalty:
    YouTube

European Championships semi-final and a penalty for a hand ball in the last minutes of overtime that was tough to digest and accept in the heat of the moment. But with a clearer head it's a penalty and a good decision...
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 10:27
    This reminds me of this penalty:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzBZshTTEHk

European Championships semi-final and a penalty for a hand ball in the last minutes of overtime that was tough to digest and accept in the heat of the moment. But with a clearer head it's a penalty and a good decision...
    Yes, I remember that but he did handball it - not sure it was a red though probably as not a clear shot on goal.

you lot looked good, so did france. Where did Gomes end up, don't remember hearing about him much?
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 10:333 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes, I remember that but he did handball it - not sure it was a red though probably as not a clear shot on goal.

you lot looked good, so did france. Where did Gomes end up, don't remember hearing about him much?
    In 2000 we played really beautiful football. The game against England (where we start by being 0-2 down and won 3-2) is one of the games I remember most fondly. Figo's drive, Joao Pinto's unbelievable header and Nuno Gomes sweet control of the ball for the third... I saw that game 3 times in a row after it ended.
    (Goals here - YouTube)

Gomes went to Fiorentina after 2000. He did relatively well, but Fiorentina went bankrupt in 2002 and he came back to Benfica where he stayed until now.

He was always wasted at Benfica and had some injuries but whenever he played for the national team he did great. I think I like him more than most Benfica fans, I just think they never had a team that tactically suited his style of play. Benfica was also generally poor in the last decade which didn't help him. They're on the rise again, although I think they're spending so much they might have financial troubles soon.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 10:471 edit
    In 2000 we played really beautiful football. The game against England (where we start by being 0-2 down and won 3-2) is one of the games I remember most fondly. Figo's drive, Joao Pinto's unbelievable header and Nuno Gomes sweet control of the ball for the third... I saw that game 3 times in a row after it ended.
    (Goals here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v e again, although I think they're spending so much they might have financial troubles soon.
    Shame about Gomes, always thought he would have landed at one of the big clubs.

3 times in a row eh - here you go, knock yourself out for a few more minutes:

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree