19 Feb '13 14:20
    RUUUUUDE JAYS! BRAAAAP!~
  4. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 14:22
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Go braves!
    Braves can suck it. They got those pissy Upton brothers in the outfield now. These guys have been touted the past ten years and besides BJ's good run in the playoffs 5 years ago, what have they done, really?
  5. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 14:23
    Jays are gonna get 180 wins this season.
  6. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 14:23
    Can you tell I'm excited?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:37
    The Reds were but one basing running error by Phillips in defeating the world champion Giants in game 3, and that was with their best hitter and pitcher injured.

With both of them healthy, we will crush the skulls of any Yankee scum who stands in our way! 😠
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 02:02
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Can you tell I'm excited?
    Actually, I would say crazed. LOL

The Jays do look to be very strong this year after two great trades though.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 02:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Reds were but one basing running error by Phillips in defeating the world champion Giants in game 3, and that was with their best hitter and pitcher injured.

With both of them healthy, we will crush the skulls of any Yankee scum who stands in our way! 😠
    The key to the Reds being the favorite in the NL is keeping Chapman in the bullpen.
    Moving him to a starter will make a great bullpen a mediocre one.

Another key is if Shoo can handle CF. I believe they are going to have to stick Jay
    Bruce in CF. I don't think that is a deal breaker, but Stubbs covers more ground than
    either of these guys will. Shoo will increase the OBP out of the leadoff spot though.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 02:36
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The key to the Reds being the favorite in the NL is keeping Chapman in the bullpen.
    Moving him to a starter will make a great bullpen a mediocre one.

Another key is if Shoo can handle CF. I believe they are going to have to stick Jay
    Bruce in CF. I don't think that is a deal breaker, but Stubbs covers more ground than
    either of these guys will. Shoo will increase the OBP out of the leadoff spot though.
    It definately is concerning. Will the bullpen go belly up? In fact, will Champan be able to adapt to the starter roll?

Their success hinges on these questions. I also hope Votto will be OK. If he is not, it's not like they are going to tell us.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 15:02
    It definately is concerning. Will the bullpen go belly up? In fact, will Champan be able to adapt to the starter roll?

Their success hinges on these questions. I also hope Votto will be OK. If he is not, it's not like they are going to tell us.
    I heard Votto is much better now that he has both legs under him again.
    They don't seem too concerned.
    For the life of me I don't know why they want to move Chapman to a starter role.
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 15:52
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    For the life of me I don't know why they want to move Chapman to a starter role.
    It boggles the mind. He and Kimbrel are the most dominant closers in the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 16:521 edit
    It boggles the mind. He and Kimbrel are the most dominant closers in the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    If Chapman can start, he should. He'll pitch two to three times as many innings in the rotation as he would in the pen and our fifth starter, Mike Leake, was only 8-9 with a 4.58 ERA and while Arroyo had a bounce back year, he remains a question mark. The Reds bullpen was #1 in baseball last year and would have been among the best even without Chapman, who, as good as he was, did blow 5 saves and lose 5 games. It's probable that Broxton can be a solid closer as he was in the past, including for KC last year until he was traded to the Reds. Chapman is wasted pitching only 50-75 innings a year.

EDIT: Broxton saved 23 for the Royals in 27 chances and when Chapman went down for a couple of weeks in September, JB had 4 straight saves in 4 appearances.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 16:591 edit
    Jays are gonna get 180 wins this season.
    never will happen for any team. Maybe only for video games. The most a team can get is 173.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Feb '13 17:03

It's more than a little ridiculous to blame the loss in a 10 inning 2-1 game on a guy getting thrown out at third in the 1st inning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree