1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 15:38
    I watched one of the Reds' exhibition games; Choo looked alright in CF. If he hits like he did last year, then the Reds will probably get a net plus from the trade though I think Stubbs might do a lot better away from Cincinnati.

Cueto v. Jared Weaver and the heavyweight Angels tomorrow at 4 at GABP. Can't wait.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 21:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I watched one of the Reds' exhibition games; Choo looked alright in CF. If he hits like he did last year, then the Reds will probably get a net plus from the trade though I think Stubbs might do a lot better away from Cincinnati.

Cueto v. Jared Weaver and the heavyweight Angels tomorrow at 4 at GABP. Can't wait.
    I saw the Angels out in spring training and they are going to be a force for sure.
    That lineup is a true murder's row.

I hate the fact that Houston has to play them so many times every year now.
    I also saw the Rangers in spring training and if their pitching holds, they will be strong
    as well.

It is going to be a long season in Houston I am afraid, but the kids are going to get
    some experience and in a couple of years, Houston will be a force.....I think.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 02:38
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I saw the Angels out in spring training and they are going to be a force for sure.
    That lineup is a true murder's row.

I hate the fact that Houston has to play them so many times every year now.
    I also saw the Rangers in spring training and if their pitching holds, they will be strong
    as well.

It is going to be a long season in Houston I am afr ...[text shortened]... e going to get
    some experience and in a couple of years, Houston will be a force.....I think.
    Houston will only get better with better competition.

I don't expect the Reds to win the series this week. All I'm hoping for is one game, preferably the first game. Last year they started off slow as well.
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 08:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    Houston will only get better with better competition.

I don't expect the Reds to win the series this week. All I'm hoping for is one game, preferably the first game. Last year they started off slow as well.
    Opening day, very exciting!

Houston kicked some Ranger butt
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 13:43
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Opening day, very exciting!

Houston kicked some Ranger butt
    Did you notice the bulk of the damage was done by "other teams" former junk??

Justin Maxwell hits two triples, drives in two runs and plays some great D in LF.

Rick Ankiel hits a 3-run pinch bomb.

Eirk Bedard tosses 3 1/3 innings of shutout relief to earn the save.

Bud Norris and Jose Altuve, both products of the Astros' farm, also played well.

Of course this team will not win it this season, but they will occasionally kick in a few
    surprises.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 13:51
    As I predicted it seems the Reds will not win the series. In fact, the entire April schedule is brutal.

Shrug, I guess that's what happens when Houston leaves the division. 😵
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 14:20
    As I predicted it seems the Reds will not win the series. In fact, the entire April schedule is brutal.

Shrug, I guess that's what happens when Houston leaves the division. 😵
    The offensive output by Cincy was impressive to be sure!!
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 14:21
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Pitcher's duel, but in the end, Cincy's offense had nothing in the tank.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 15:45
    (Shrug) 161 to go.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 16:49
    I thought I saw Houston on the schedule for at least 3 games. Maybe we will have to wait till then. 😛
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 19:28
    I thought I saw Houston on the schedule for at least 3 games. Maybe we will have to wait till then. 😛
    Hey, your first baseman makes more than the entire Astros team.

I expect we will drafting from the top spot this year and next year at least.
    But, we will surprise some folks, just like we did the Rangers on opening night!!
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 23:38
    Hey, your first baseman makes more than the entire Astros team.

I expect we will drafting from the top spot this year and next year at least.
    But, we will surprise some folks, just like we did the Rangers on opening night!!
    Unfortunately the team hasn't been able to make much contact since opening day. 29 Ks against Rangers pitchers last two days. Ouch!
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 00:492 edits
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Unfortunately the team hasn't been able to make much contact since opening day. 29 Ks against Rangers pitchers last two days. Ouch!
    Don't forget, Babe Ruth was one of the most prolific strike out victims of all time.
    He was also one of the most prolific home run hitters of all time.

And no one accused the Astros of being contenders this year.
    They will surprise a few teams though, as they did on opening day.
  14. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 11:491 edit
    Don't forget, Babe Ruth was one of the most prolific strike out victims of all time.
    He was also one of the most prolific home run hitters of all time.

And no one accused the Astros of being contenders this year.
    They will surprise a few teams though, as they did on opening day.
    Not sure what you're intimating with your Babe Ruth fact there.

Obviously the Astros are going to win some games. They won't go 1-161 so I don't think winning a game or scoring more than a few runs in a game would be a surprise to anyone.

Also, I stand corrected, it was 30 Ks in two games which helped the Rangers set an MLB record. I suppose that's a little surprising. 🙂

"Ogando combined with four relievers to complete the second-consecutive shutout of the Astros. The five combined to strike out 15 Astros, giving the Rangers 43 strikeouts for the series. It's the most by a major-league team in the first three games of the season, breaking the mark of 42 set by the 1966 Cleveland Indians."
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 18:48
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Not sure what you're intimating with your Babe Ruth fact there.

Obviously the Astros are going to win some games. They won't go 1-161 so I don't think winning a game or scoring more than a few runs in a game would be a surprise to anyone.

Also, I stand corrected, it was 30 Ks in two games which helped the Rangers set an MLB record. I suppose that's ...[text shortened]... st three games of the season, breaking the mark of 42 set by the 1966 Cleveland Indians."
    Strikeouts count the same as fly outs, line outs, ground outs and pop outs.
    They are sometimes considered as futile.

However, the great Babe Ruth struck out an alarming number of times.
    He also hit home runs an alarming number of times.

The kids are young, they are going to learn, and the strikeouts won't continue in this fashion.

In the end, they took 1 out of 3 games against a FAR superior team.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree