1. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 23:23
    You guys got to pick a new team. Over 700 posts the last 2 thread-years on these hapless guys, I dont think youre giving them good mojo. Try Cleveland or Pittsburgh, 2 teams that really need a break after massive droughts.
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '07
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 04:24
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    I rub it in because he's a "fair weather fan"...in February he crowed about the Reds being the champs, then in August he jumps on the Cards bandwagon!!

In over 50 years of watching baseball, I have never abandoned the Pirates ship........CARDINALS...PREPARE TO BE BOARDED!!!!!
    Ditto. 52 years for me. I still have the 1961 Pirate Yearbook.
    Proud of the City of Pittsburgh last night.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 00:20
    Originally posted by DanTriola
    Ditto. 52 years for me. I still have the 1961 Pirate Yearbook.
    Proud of the City of Pittsburgh last night.
    Looks like the Cardinals will sweep the Pirates too bad. 🙁
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 02:58
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    I rub it in because he's a "fair weather fan"...in February he crowed about the Reds being the champs, then in August he jumps on the Cards bandwagon!!

In over 50 years of watching baseball, I have never abandoned the Pirates ship........CARDINALS...PREPARE TO BE BOARDED!!!!!
    I simply know the Dreds all too well. I made the prediction before watching them. I knew going into the wildcard game the Dreds were toast. In fact, I turned the TV off about the 4rth inning.

I went against my own claim that only big market teams win world series championships and picked the Dreds. That will never happen again.

Look for a Cardinals vs. Red Sox World Series.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 05:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    I simply know the Dreds all too well. I made the prediction before watching them. I knew going into the wildcard game the Dreds were toast. In fact, I turned the TV off about the 4rth inning.

I went against my own claim that only big market teams win world series championships and picked the Dreds. That will never happen again.

Look for a Cardinals vs. Red Sox World Series.
    I hope so because they had the two best records.
  6. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 20:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Looks like the Cardinals will sweep the Pirates too bad. 🙁
    Well, there's another asinine prediction, by our "astute" RHP baseball pundits, flushed down the toilet where it belongs!! Some of you have constipation of the brain and diarrhea of the keyboard!! 🙂
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 21:52
    Dusty Baker gets canned in Cincy. He will be managing somewhere next year.
    Perhaps in Washington??
  8. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 13:33
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Perhaps in Washington??
    I feel sorry for the Nats!
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 01:571 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Perhaps in Washington??
    Dusty will always be remembered as a "good" manager that could never win the big games.

I'm thinking that the Dreds may not even make the playoffs next year. Votto has not been the same since his injury, the pitching is slowly heading south, and their offense has always been an issue.

Of course, the larger issue is money. If you want to play with the big boys you have to spend like the big boys. Baseball is simply broken. This may be the last year I follow baseball that closely.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree