1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:25
    Ok, maybe not the worst ever but its gotta rank up there with the biggest stinkers of all time, save for the final 2 drives.

You take those last 2 drives outta the game and you've got a Grapefruit league baseball game on your hands.

3 quarters of utter boredom. Thank god for beer
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:32
    Originally posted by uzless
    Ok, maybe not the worst ever but its gotta rank up there with the biggest stinkers of all time, save for the final 2 drives.

You take those last 2 drives outta the game and you've got a Grapefruit league baseball game on your hands.

It's called DEFENSE. The game was filled with hitting which is one of the things that make the NFL as great as it is.

I would rank the game as probably the best Super Bowl ever; 3 long touchdown drives in the 4th Quarter including a game winner with :35 seconds left. The last Giant drive was a classic; having to convert a 4 and 1 at their own 39, a near interception by Samuel and the incredible play where Eli somehow avoided the rush and threw to Tyree who managed to catch the ball against his helmet for 32 yards! Then he recognizes an all out blitz and lays it out to Burress who had torched Hobbs. Oh, momma!
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:43
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's called DEFENSE. The game was filled with hitting which is one of the things that make the NFL as great as it is.

I would rank the game as probably the best Super Bowl ever; 3 long touchdown drives in the 4th Quarter including a game winner with :35 seconds left. The last Giant drive was a classic; having to convert a 4 and 1 at their ...[text shortened]... hen he recognizes an all out blitz and lays it out to Burress who had torched Hobbs. Oh, momma!
    Not sure what it was about the game, but I can't say I enjoyed it all that much.

P-
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:54
    Great game from start to finish.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:56
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Great game from start to finish.
    They are estimating it as the most watched Superbowl, and perhaps the second most watch program EVER on TV.

P-
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 18:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Not sure what it was about the game, but I can't say I enjoyed it all that much.

P-
    It's OK to cry, Phlab. YouTube
  7. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 19:25
    http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=298538

Doh!!!
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 19:271 edit
    Originally posted by rbmorris
    http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=298538

[b]Doh!!!
    [/b]
    Macy's jinxed'em!

P-
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 19:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 19:35
    The commercials were generally horrible.
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 19:37
    Originally posted by no1marauder

I would rank the game as probably the best Super Bowl ever; 3 long touchdown drives in the 4th Quarter including a game winner with :35 seconds left. The last Giant drive was a classic; having to convert a 4 and 1 at their ...[text shortened]... hen he recognizes an all out blitz and lays it out to Burress who had torched Hobbs. Oh, momma!
    I;m one of the folks that found the Super Bowl to be Super Boring. I'm sure there are some fans who enjoy a defensive struggle with the highlight reel being nothing more than one primate hitting another one as hard as he can. If such a fame could be played in horrific conditions, like an ice storm, they'd enjoy it even more. Baseball has a similar niche of fans: those who love a pitcher's duel, a 1-0 game where neither team reaches first more than a half dozen times. Fortunately, based on the money being generated, most fans are in my camp--we ant a LOT of passing, scoring, 70-yard field goals, all in a nice, 68-degree enclosed dome.
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    and this year's continued to be so.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Great rendition of the national anthem though.
  14. Standard memberRapidfyre
    OK SORRY
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 19:38
    Originally posted by uzless

Hey, we football haters are not in depression 😛
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 19:40
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I;m one of the folks that found the Super Bowl to be Super Boring. I'm sure there are some fans who enjoy a defensive struggle with the highlight reel being nothing more than one primate hitting another one as hard as he can. If such a fame could be played in horrific conditions, like an ice storm, they'd enjoy it even more. Baseball has a similar niche ...[text shortened]... e ant a LOT of passing, scoring, 70-yard field goals, all in a nice, 68-degree enclosed dome.
    Watch the NBA if hitting offends you soooooooooooooo much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree