Yankees losing badly....

Yankees losing badly....

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Oct 07

Originally posted by Chaswray
I wouldn't sell the Indians top 3 starters too short, Sabathia, Carmona and Byrd with Westbrook waiting in the wings! It should be a great series......I say Indians in seven😉
Not selling them short at all. Look at the matchups:

Beckett vs. Sabbathia ---edge Boston. CC has a wildness tendency and Beckett looks like your CY winner.

Dice K vs Carmona ---toss up

Schilling vs Byrd ---HUGE edge Boston. Schilling is money in these games, and has been there before. Paul Byrd is a veteran hanging on for 5 innings in the game, more than likely, then you see Westbrook.

Bullpens --- HUGE EDGE Boston

If the series goes the full seven games, Cleveland has to beat Beckett and Schilling two games and Carmona has to win twice. I don't see that happening.

With hitters being equal, I like the Red Sox. I have no interest in either team, I mearly provided my analysis and rationale for my choice. You are free to do the same.

w

Moves
11 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
You don't have much to be concerned with IMO. When you got Schilling as your #3 starter, I love your chances. I think the Indians did you guys a huge favor. I'm not sure the Sox wouldn't have wilted under the pressure had the Yanks come back and made it to the LCS.
I think Boston takes it in 6.

The NL is where it really gets interesting. The D-Backs ...[text shortened]... r everything they get. I think this one could go 7 games. It should be a fun series to watch.
I would have to agree. The Red Sox should beat up the Indains. However, will they? A short series is often hard to predict even though you know on paper that one is better than the other. Teams like the Yankees and Red Sox can buy their way into the playoffs year after year after year but buying a world title is a little bit tricker. At best they can position themselves to do it every year.

As for the Naional League, I can only say that it is the inferior league. God help which ever teams goes to the world series. I think it will be a short series.

Edit: There is only one team that could never buy their way into the World Series and that would be the Cubs. They are truly cursed!!!

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
11 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
As for the Naional League, I can only say that it is the inferior league. God help which ever teams goes to the world series. I think it will be a short series.[/b]
That's what everyone was saying last year.. and National League whoo hoo hooped up on the the American League. don't be short-sighted.

How many ex-marlins does it take to win a world series?

w

Moves
11 Oct 07
5 edits

Originally posted by SmookieP
That's what everyone was saying last year.. and National League whoo hoo hooped up on the the American League. don't be short-sighted.

How many ex-marlins does it take to win a world series?
Like I said, in a short series weird things can happen. For example, my Reds beat the Yankees in a series a few years ago 2 games in a 3 game series. Clearly the Reds were not the better team and if they had played them more frequently over the season the truth of this would have been seen as the Yankees would have beaten them more often than not. It is akin to going to Vegas and winning your first three hands. You either stop and take your winnings or you continue to play and eventually loose all your money because the odds are stacked against you.

As for the superiority of the American League over the National League, simply look at the top money teams in baseball. The top two are the Yankees and Red Sox. You get what you pay for. In fact, the Yankees spend more on their pithcers than the Devil Rays spend on their entire team!! Also look at the All Star game. The American League has dominated this event it seems for the last 50 years!!!

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
11 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
Like I said, in a short series weird things can happen. For example, my Reds beat the Yankees in a series a few years ago 2 games in a 3 game series. Clearly the Reds were not the better team and if they had played them more frequently over the season the truth of this would have been seen as the Yankees would have beaten them more often than not. It is ak ...[text shortened]... u continue to play and eventually loose all your money because the odds are stacked against you.
It seems like you're talking in averages.. that's exactly what the yankee's management does when it throws money at players. But that doesn't explain how teams like the marlins in 2003 (that were ridiculed for even making the wild card) ended up pulling out miracle plays and hits over and over. St Louis Cardinals got hot as a team at a perfect time last year, and laid everyone to waste.

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
11 Oct 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Not selling them short at all. Look at the matchups:

With hitters being equal, I like the Red Sox. I have no interest in either team, I mearly provided my analysis and rationale for my choice. You are free to do the same.
I actually like both teams and have rooted for Boston since 1967. Just like the underdog this year! After all I'm a Pirate fan at heart and have endured 15 years of losing😳

I agree with your analysis but there are intangibles in a seven game series. Either way I think it's the best series of the two. The NL series is anybody's game.

j

Moves
11 Oct 07

I am a Yankee fan and I think Boston is the better team primarily because of hitting. But Dice-K vs. Carmona is not a favorable match up and the Indians have a better bullpen.