2007 Ladies Invitational Tournament

2007 Ladies Invitational Tournament

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
17 Jan 07

Originally posted by mlprior
You are the best Arrakis!

😉
Aw, shucks... 😞

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
28 Jan 07

I was looking at some of the games going on. WOW! You girls are kicking butt! 🙂

m

Moves
20 Feb 07

Originally posted by arrakis
I was looking at some of the games going on. WOW! You girls are kicking butt! 🙂
Won't be long now....

m

Moves
21 Feb 07

i want to join the tournament too, how do i do that?

m

Moves
21 Feb 07

Won't be long now....
i want to join the tournament too, how do i do that. it isn't too late is it?

z

Moves
21 Feb 07

Originally posted by mariaanh
i want to join the tournament too, how do i do that. it isn't too late is it?
I believe that you have to be a subscriber and you cannot join a tournament that has already started. Sorry.

M

Moves
21 Feb 07

Here is my vote for the prize

http://www.cafepress.com/rhp001.74637258

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
24 Feb 07

Originally posted by zebano
I believe that you have to be a subscriber and you cannot join a tournament that has already started. Sorry.
That's correct. If mariaanh wants to subscribe she would be elgible to join next year's tournament, assuming I'm going to keep up the practice. It's amazing how much hate mail I get from the guys and Nordlys because I sponsor a tournament for women. 😕

m

Moves
24 Feb 07

Originally posted by arrakis
That's correct. If mariaanh wants to subscribe she would be elgible to join next year's tournament, assuming I'm going to keep up the practice. It's amazing how much hate mail I get from the guys and Nordlys because I sponsor a tournament for women. 😕
That is shocking! 😕

Why so much anger about a Lady's Tournament? Surely a bunch of ladies playing chess together is non threatening.

c

Moves
24 Feb 07

That is shocking! 😕

Why so much anger about a Lady's Tournament? Surely a bunch of ladies playing chess together is non threatening.
I agree. I don't know the basis for these complaints but it's not as if our tournament severely disadvantages anyone in anyway. There appears to be enough tournaments to go around for all.

I

Moves
24 Feb 07

That is shocking! 😕

Because there isn't a Men's Tournament.

c

Moves
24 Feb 07

Originally posted by Ian68
any reason why?

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
24 Feb 07

😴

m

Moves
24 Feb 07

I believe the point is that women are a minority on this site, so it is fun for us all to get together to play in a tournament.

There are hundreds of men on this site, so you could have a men's tournament, but it would be huge.

It's like having a "ladies night" down at the bar. The point is to draw the ladies in the door. There would be no point to a "men's night" because the men are already there drinking. 🙄

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
28 Feb 07

I believe the point is that women are a minority on this site, so it is fun for us all to get together to play in a tournament.

There are hundreds of men on this site, so you could have a men's tournament, but it would be huge.

It's like having a "ladies night" down at the bar. The point is to draw the ladies in the door. There would be no point to a "men's night" because the men are already there drinking. 🙄
I agree with you.