Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Joined
    01 May '04
    Moves
    64653
    17 Jan '07 05:08
    Originally posted by mlprior
    You are the best Arrakis!

    😉
    Aw, shucks... 😞
  2. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Joined
    01 May '04
    Moves
    64653
    28 Jan '07 19:38
    I was looking at some of the games going on. WOW! You girls are kicking butt! 🙂
  3. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    20827
    20 Feb '07 02:58
    Originally posted by arrakis
    I was looking at some of the games going on. WOW! You girls are kicking butt! 🙂
    Won't be long now....
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    469
    21 Feb '07 18:04
    i want to join the tournament too, how do i do that?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    469
    21 Feb '07 18:06
    Originally posted by mlprior
    Won't be long now....
    i want to join the tournament too, how do i do that. it isn't too late is it?
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    158564
    21 Feb '07 18:25
    Originally posted by mariaanh
    i want to join the tournament too, how do i do that. it isn't too late is it?
    I believe that you have to be a subscriber and you cannot join a tournament that has already started. Sorry.
  7. Joined
    24 Mar '06
    Moves
    9838
    21 Feb '07 22:12
    Here is my vote for the prize

    http://www.cafepress.com/rhp001.74637258
  8. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Joined
    01 May '04
    Moves
    64653
    24 Feb '07 02:35
    Originally posted by zebano
    I believe that you have to be a subscriber and you cannot join a tournament that has already started. Sorry.
    That's correct. If mariaanh wants to subscribe she would be elgible to join next year's tournament, assuming I'm going to keep up the practice. It's amazing how much hate mail I get from the guys and Nordlys because I sponsor a tournament for women. 😕
  9. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    20827
    24 Feb '07 04:13
    Originally posted by arrakis
    That's correct. If mariaanh wants to subscribe she would be elgible to join next year's tournament, assuming I'm going to keep up the practice. It's amazing how much hate mail I get from the guys and Nordlys because I sponsor a tournament for women. 😕
    That is shocking! 😕

    Why so much anger about a Lady's Tournament? Surely a bunch of ladies playing chess together is non threatening.
  10. Joined
    20 Jan '06
    Moves
    101248
    24 Feb '07 13:04
    Originally posted by mlprior
    That is shocking! 😕

    Why so much anger about a Lady's Tournament? Surely a bunch of ladies playing chess together is non threatening.
    I agree. I don't know the basis for these complaints but it's not as if our tournament severely disadvantages anyone in anyway. There appears to be enough tournaments to go around for all.
  11. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    4532
    24 Feb '07 13:09
    Originally posted by mlprior
    That is shocking! 😕

    Why so much anger about a Lady's Tournament? Surely a bunch of ladies playing chess together is non threatening.
    Because there isn't a Men's Tournament.
  12. Joined
    20 Jan '06
    Moves
    101248
    24 Feb '07 13:20
    Originally posted by Ian68
    Because there isn't a Men's Tournament.
    any reason why?
  13. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    45871
    24 Feb '07 16:21
    Originally posted by Ian68
    Because there isn't a Men's Tournament.
    😴
  14. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    20827
    24 Feb '07 19:32
    Originally posted by Ian68
    Because there isn't a Men's Tournament.
    I believe the point is that women are a minority on this site, so it is fun for us all to get together to play in a tournament.

    There are hundreds of men on this site, so you could have a men's tournament, but it would be huge.

    It's like having a "ladies night" down at the bar. The point is to draw the ladies in the door. There would be no point to a "men's night" because the men are already there drinking. 🙄
  15. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Joined
    01 May '04
    Moves
    64653
    28 Feb '07 01:53
    Originally posted by mlprior
    I believe the point is that women are a minority on this site, so it is fun for us all to get together to play in a tournament.

    There are hundreds of men on this site, so you could have a men's tournament, but it would be huge.

    It's like having a "ladies night" down at the bar. The point is to draw the ladies in the door. There would be no point to a "men's night" because the men are already there drinking. 🙄
    I agree with you.
Back to Top