1. Subscriberjankrb
    Conductor
    Zwolle
    Moves
    11 May '12 16:18
    Originally posted by c antunes
    [9037710]Game9037710[/9037710]
    Game 9037710

The one with no timebank has his vacation flag on.
    Therefor he cannot be timed out! Nothing wrong with the site or
    automatic things.

Once he is out of vacationdays and the flag is gone, the system will time out him! Don't worry.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 May '12 23:33
    This tournament seems to be an exception to the automatic timeout.

There is a game with one player with no timebank and the other letting his timebank run out. When time is up if the 2nd player lets his timebank exhaust is it a draw or a loss for both?! Since this result is not possible it seems the 1st player must lose. But why, does anyone know? He's timed out one second/one minute before the other?
    Game 9037710
    Maybe a draw was offered and turned down...we don;t know the 'why's and where nots,' but people can be fickle...going on holiday can make us awfully forgetful also 😉
  3. Joined
    20 Mar '08
    Moves
    14 May '12 14:34
    Game 9037710
    I seem to remember the player now on vacation let his timebank expire but then resumed playing, and later on his vacation flag came up.

His opponent has not moved for a while now. My initial question was : if neither moves by the deadline of June 1st, and vacation flag is still up, then they will both timeout on that day. Since a double timeout cannot occur what is the criteria for this timing out?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 May '12 00:12
    Both have made moves in other games in the last few hours.
  5. Joined
    20 Mar '08
    Moves
    16 May '12 10:24
    They are playing, yes, but not in that game. So my question remains...
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 May '12 13:30
    Game 9037710
    I seem to remember the player now on vacation let his timebank expire but then resumed playing, and later on his vacation flag came up.

His opponent has not moved for a while now. My initial question was : if neither moves by the deadline of June 1st, and vacation flag is still up, then they will both timeout on that day. Since a double timeout cannot occur what is the criteria for this timing out?
    It is white's move in the game you quote.
    If he doesn't move within the 17 days etc his skull will appear on blacks list
    If blacks vacation flag is down both players will have the opportunity to claim the win and the result will depend on who acts first.
    If blacks flag is still up and white's isn't ,black will be able to claim the game.
    If both vacation flags are up it will depend on who runs out of vacation time first.
    If no one claims the win I would guess the system will credit the win to the player whose time ran out first -in this case blacks.
  7. Joined
    20 Mar '08
    Moves
    16 May '12 13:35
    Many thanks, Venda, for your comprehensive reply.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 May '12 20:42
    Many thanks, Venda, for your comprehensive reply.
    Ok .But I think the last bit is wrong!!
    I meant to say the win will go to the player whose time runs out last -but I'm only guessing.
  9. Joined
    20 Mar '08
    Moves
    17 May '12 05:28
    Well, that's exactly the problem:

As of now the player in black has no timebank and the one in white has 16 days 12 hours which means his timebank will last until the 2nd of June at 1900hrs. But this round ends sometime on the 31st of May (60+60 days), white to make a move.

Is white, therefore, timed out or is it black since his timebank has expired many days before - despite automatic timeout not occurring?
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    17 May '12 12:49
    Well, that's exactly the problem:

As of now the player in black has no timebank and the one in white has 16 days 12 hours which means his timebank will last until the 2nd of June at 1900hrs. But this round ends sometime on the 31st of May (60+60 days), white to make a move.

Is white, therefore, timed out or is it black since his timebank has expired many days before - despite automatic timeout not occurring?
    I think the auto timeout will be applies to black first.
    The round will not "end" after to 60 days are up.
    The next round will not start until all the groups have been decided which could take years!!
  11. Joined
    20 Mar '08
    Moves
    17 May '12 13:05
    It seems to me that when the 120 days are up and unless there is a vacation flag any player will have to be timed out. A matter of weeks at most.

And as far as I can see only groups 15 and 53 are undecided.
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    17 May '12 18:29
    It seems to me that when the 120 days are up and unless there is a vacation flag any player will have to be timed out. A matter of weeks at most.

And as far as I can see only groups 15 and 53 are undecided.
    Sorry.
    I was forgetting that this tournament is timebank only.
  13. Joined
    22 Mar '11
    Moves
    04 Jun '12 17:27
    So how many days of vacation does Talerin (group 53) have left, since it seems the new round is going to have to wait until then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree