1. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 04:46
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    This is yet another reason why there should be tournament Moderators who set up and adudicate tournaments and relieve the Admins of this (probably tiresome) responsibility.
    That is a stirling idea akaTomb. I would be happy to put my name forward for consideration in that capacity. When admin stop rolling around in fits of hilarity, my offer was serious. As I'm not going to enter any other tourneys and now have a lot of free time I would like to put something back into the site.

Whatever

skeeter
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 05:00
    Originally posted by skeeter
    That is a stirling idea akaTomb. I would be happy to put my name forward for consideration in that capacity. When admin stop rolling around in fits of hilarity, my offer was serious. As I'm not going to enter any other tourneys and now have a lot of free time I would like to put something back into the site.

Whatever

skeeter
    I've mentioned it before as there is a lot of abuse going on in the banded tournies with heavily T/O'd players entering bandings that they shouldn't. I would also be willing to put my time forward for this. I can't see there being an aweful lot of work involved. It would mean that requested tournaments get more attention, as the moderators would be focussed solely on dealing with the tournaments. I have a game going with Chrismo, i'll see what he has to say....
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 05:19
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    I've mentioned it before as there is a lot of abuse going on in the banded tournies with heavily T/O'd players entering bandings that they shouldn't. I would also be willing to put my time forward for this. I can't see there being an aweful lot of work involved. It would mean that requested tournaments get more attention, as the moderators would be focu ...[text shortened]... ing with the tournaments. I have a game going with Chrismo, i'll see what he has to say....
    Keep me posted.

skeets
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 05:30
    I simply cannot believe this. I cannot get the message through to this retard. I'm now going to do something that I have never done before, in an open forum, in an attempt to get the message across - I'm going to shout.

[b] GALAXYSHIELD, CAN YOU HEAR ME? THE REASON THAT YOU ARE INELLIGIBLE TO ENTER ANY SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE TOURNEYS IS BECAUSE, GOING BY YO ...[text shortened]... set at my loud demeanour, but lets hope now that the message has finally got there.

skeeter
    I know I shouldn't join, but nothing is stopping me from joining. I could join if I wish but like I said, I'll wait to see if it fills. Yes I get that I live in the northern hemisphere, and yes I know that no part of the U.S. is in the southern hemisphere, but there's nothing stopping me from joining if I wished, other than morals.
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 07:091 edit
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    ..... U.S. is in the southern hemisphere, but there's nothing stopping me from joining if I wished, other than morals.
    That just about sums up the white element of the American people, from Bush to buskers. You will have noticed that I have deliberately made a distinction from the coloured American, because I personally consider that they do hold a higher standard of morality, as a people.

skeets
  6. Dixie
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 12:57
    [b I would like to put something back into the site.

Whatever

skeeter[/b]
    That would be best accomplished by keeping your infantile, uninformed and racist comments to yourself in 2006.

Jeb
  7. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 13:281 edit
    That just about sums up the white element of the American people, from Bush to buskers. You will have noticed that I have deliberately made a distinction from the coloured American, because I personally consider that they do hold a higher standard of morality, as a people.

skeets
    Do you see me anywhere in that tournament? Did I not say that morals are keeping me from joining? All I said was that nothing is keeping me from joining other than morals, I never said that I was going to join. Maybe next time you could actually read the whole post instead of what you want to read/hear/twist around to make me look bad.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 13:312 edits
    I simply cannot believe this. I cannot get the message through to this retard. I'm now going to do something that I have never done before, in an open forum, in an attempt to get the message across - I'm going to shout.

[b] GALAXYSHIELD, CAN YOU HEAR ME? THE REASON THAT YOU ARE INELLIGIBLE TO ENTER ANY SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE TOURNEYS IS BECAUSE, GOING BY YO ...[text shortened]... at my loud demeanour, but lets hope now that the message has finally got there.

skeeter
    [/b]
    HEY, JERK! (Sorry, I'm simply responding in kind...)

Maybe if the Northern Hemisphere tournament had 2 or even 3 times as many entries available, then maybe I would have entered my hemisphere's tournament!

It is completely asinine to give the Northern tourney the same number of slots as the Southern tourney. This makes the winner of the Northern tourney only the best among those who happened to see the open tourney before everyone and their brother jumped on it. I say either expand the number of entries for the Northern Hemisphere to include everyone who wants to join, or shut the hell up about people who live in the North joining the Southern Hemisphere tourney.

Sounds like you're just pissed that you have to play against more people than just your few neighbors in the Southern Hemisphere. I think your energy would be better spent trying to get the TDs to open the Northern tourney to more entrants than to screaming at people to get out of "your" tourney.

😞

EDIT: Miracle of miracles, when I just went to check the tourneys, someone had dropped from the Northern tourney and now I'm in the correct hemisphere... but my point about the Northern tourney needing more slots and perhaps the Southern one less still stands.
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 19:56
    Originally posted by jebrydzagin
    That would be best accomplished by keeping your infantile, uninformed and racist comments to yourself in 2006.

Jeb
    Ha. I just knew that that would ellicit some drag knuckle response from a backwater redneck.

skeeter
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 20:07
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    .......next time you could actually read the whole post instead of what you want to read/hear/twist around to make me look bad.
    Reading all your posts is not a requirement to making you look bad.

skeeter
  11. Dixie
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 21:15
    Ha. I just knew that that would ellicit some drag knuckle response from a backwater redneck.

skeeter
    My knuckles seem intact - by the way, it's "elicit" from the Latin elicitus. They taught us to spell at Redneck U.

Cheers!

Jeb
  12. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 21:24
    My knuckles seem intact - by the way, it's "elicit" from the Latin elicitus. They taught us to spell at Redneck U.

Cheers!

Jeb
    Thats all you've got - scrapped knuckles and typo's. Standards are slipping - work to be done.

skeeter
  13. Dixie
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 22:48
    Thats all you've got - scrapped knuckles and typo's. Standards are slipping - work to be done.

skeeter
    😛 That's not 'all I have'. It probably isn't all you have either, but you have three more (That's, scraped, & typos). Nevertheless, I unilaterally declare peace (that's how libs do it, I think). Now you are powerless, right?

Seriously, enjoy your Southern Hemisphere tournament - I hope you win.

Jeb
  14. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 23:06
    😛 That's not 'all I have'. It probably isn't all you have either, but you have three more (That's, scraped, & typos). Nevertheless, I unilaterally declare peace (that's how libs do it, I think). Now you are powerless, right?

Seriously, enjoy your Southern Hemisphere tournament - I hope you win.

Jeb
    Yep. Three strikes - I'm out. You will laugh at this but I actually teach Lit - the classics, but I admit my spelling and phrasing is atrocious.

I probably won't join the southern tourney as I really should be in the next band but have not been playing that well lately.

Anyway, thanks for the exchanges and God bless.

M-
  15. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 23:231 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    HEY, JERK! (Sorry, I'm simply responding in kind...)

Maybe if the Northern Hemisphere tournament had 2 or even 3 times as many entries available, then maybe I would have entered my hemisphere's tournament!

It is completely asinine to give the Northern tourney the same number of slots as the Southern tourney. This makes the winner of the Northern tou ut the Northern tourney needing more slots and perhaps the Southern one less still stands.
    Yours' is probably a good point - about more players in the N than the S and you deserve more places. What about my idea about the Old World vs the New World?
    My feeling is that if I find a player in my group who I know is in the wrong place, I'll challenge him/her on that. Failing that, get him/her disqualified. Don't know how, but will cross that bridge later, maybe.
    Edit: Your's vs yours'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree