1. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 08:54
    Well, we got some new tournaments. I have a feeling several players are going to enter both, no matter the hemisphere they're in.
  2. Standard memberjay D
    Jay D
    London
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 09:341 edit
  3. Standard memberjay D
    Jay D
    London
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 09:38
    yeah i was really tempted......but did resist.... πŸ˜•

I wonder whether Russ/Chrismo can do something along the lines where the persons eligability is down to what their flag status is....what do you reckon? πŸ™„

someone might be able to time it right to get in both but then they'll just simply be very sad....... 😠

looking forward to it though...feels like ages since a the last duel.....πŸ™„πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 09:44
    Originally posted by jay D
    yeah i was really tempted......but did resist.... πŸ˜•

I wonder whether Russ/Chrismo can do something along the lines where the persons eligability is down to what their flag status is....what do you reckon? πŸ™„

someone might be able to time it right to get in both but then they'll just simply be very sad....... 😠

looking forward to it though...feels like ages since a the last duel.....πŸ™„πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰
    Before they start they might go over the tournaments and make sure everyone is where they should be. If they don't though that's ok, doesn't really change what it will take to win πŸ™‚.
  5. Standard memberVovochka
    Caro-Kann Lover
    Rishon-le-Zion
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 09:51
    If we stick to the definition of hemispheres, then in Summer Duel there will be players from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa & Brazil (there are more of course, but not many play on RHP).

That is Northern hemispere is more than 90% of all RHP players.
  6. Standard memberjay D
    Jay D
    London
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 09:572 edits
    i know what you mean..............and guess anyone can enter if they want...its just I fit into the category where most of the rhp subs are placed, and it just annoys me when people enter into tourni I; II; III all at the same time and cause I wasnt on the site in time I miss out...but hey thats just me b*******........

I'll give it a while and see how many people enter into both and it there is loads I'll just follow suit...there no need to bit my own nose off to save face...( if thats how the phase goes...... πŸ™„ )
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 14:48
    andreagm has joined both the N. and S. duels. I have sent him a PM asking him to explain how he lives in both Hemispheres at once. Most likely the guy doesn't understand English too well but I sent him the PM anyway.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 14:50
    Originally posted by jay D
    i know what you mean..............and guess anyone can enter if they want...its just I fit into the category where most of the rhp subs are placed, and it just annoys me when people enter into tourni I; II; III all at the same time and cause I wasnt on the site in time I miss out...but hey thats just me b*******........
    Thread 33380

No more bitchin'.
  9. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 15:23
    Originally posted by Vovochka
    That is Northern hemispere is more than 90% of all RHP players.
    Which makes me very proud of winnning the last Northern hemisphere duel πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
  10. London
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 15:45
    Originally posted by darvlay
    andreagm has joined both the N. and S. duels. I have sent him a PM asking him to explain how he lives in both Hemispheres at once. Most likely the guy doesn't understand English too well but I sent him the PM anyway.
    He may well live on the equator. πŸ˜•
  11. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 18:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If you wish I can talk to him.
  12. Joined
    23 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '05 20:49
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Well, we got some new tournaments. I have a feeling several players are going to enter both, no matter the hemisphere they're in.
    Apparently nowadays the US is considered to be in both hemispheres..... or they consider the Mason Dixie line to be the new equator 😡
  13. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 00:061 edit
    7 definites and 2 maybes of the Southern 1400 - 1599 (current entry 13) are from the Northern Hemisphere. It does smack as a tiny bit silly.
  14. Standard memberLoose Screw
    Insane in the Brain!
    The House of Pain.
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 23:13
    Funny enough, the people from the northern hemisphere (winter) are more attracted to this tournament then the southern hemisphere.
    Must be the weather.πŸ™‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 08:11
    Well, in fact there are some Southern Hemisphere players in the Winter tournament and a lot of Northern players in the Southern Tournament.

And to be honest I just went there to look up if I was in the correct one, which happened to be the case, since I wasn't sure that I did realize it was a regionally divided tournament.

Either there is a way to ensure people playing under their correct flag (I could sign on for Kenia or something, who would know different?) and exclude people OR the titles should be treated as suggestions.

There are only 64 slots in the Northern Hemisphere 1200-1399 which seems very few to me, since it is the strongest band in terms of numbers of players, and it IS tempting to snatch one of the other 64 slots of the 'wrong' hemisphere.
    PLUS: People are normally ignorant of these haggles. I remember asking a 1500+ player who happend to have suffered a dip to retreat from a 1200-1299 tournament and got the reply: this is the one I may enter, and I need to get back to my rating. Can I do anything. No, and in one viewpoint he is even correct.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree