It's a Knock Out Tounament...

It's a Knock Out Tounament...

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
The Diplomat

Slightly Left :D

Moves
21 Jan 03

Originally posted by legionnaire
That would be interesting, if a bit unusual. Then for the best player, your toughest games would likely be at the beginning of the tournament and get progressively easier, while the players with lower rankings would face progressively harder games. Again, this is assuming that rating is an adequate barometer of skill, which may or may not be the case (sorry about that, Dave.)

-mike
No reason to be sorry...as all know I will play whoever...and will enjoy the game win or lose.

I just know that if the pairings go y rating then it is not really fair since you all know I should be 600 points more than what I currently am.

I don't want anyone mad at me due to my abscence and losing so many games on TO....in no way shape or form have I tried to manipulate the system...I think most know my life went to hell in a hand basket and I had to take care of alot before I really came back...but there are still a few people out there that don't know and I would hate for someone to get pissed and say they didn't think it was fair playing me since my rating does not represent my strength.

Dave

U

Steelers Country

Moves
22 Jan 03

all we need is 18 more people before the tournement startsπŸ˜€

J
..Itching

Reading, UK

Moves
22 Jan 03

Well, as the highest ranking player in this tournment, probably not for long πŸ˜›, I can only say: I vote for the biggest fun, which is random.
Otherwise the classic approach is to split the table into 2 halves and then 1. from the higher plays 1. from the lower half etc etc.
But that gives strong players too big advantage. Random selection promises a good change for all players to progress very far bearing in mind that strong players can eliminate themselves among each other ..

W

Longmont, Colorado

Moves
23 Jan 03
1 edit

I am with the TOP GUY! I say Random!
I would love a chance to play the higher ranked people.
I am just starting out in this program, and man am I hooked!
Doug

Site Admin

Wimbledon

Moves
23 Jan 03

s

Moves
23 Jan 03
2 edits

Originally posted by Jira

Otherwise the classic approach is to split the table into 2 halves and then 1. from the higher plays 1. from the lower half etc etc.
other ..
another possibilitiy is to split the set into quartiles instead of halves. so in a 100-person set, 1 plays 26 and 51 plays 76, etc. or maybe into deciles ?!

πŸ™„

U

Steelers Country

Moves
24 Jan 03

All we need is 4 people!!!!

JOIN!!!!

-Adam

TEA PARTY MEMBER

St Maarten, Neth Ant

Moves
24 Jan 03

Originally posted by UncleAdam
All we need is 4 people!!!!

JOIN!!!!

-Adam
What about if both players wins one game, do they play a third game or does both go to the next round. If they are playing a third game, then all the group winners who have a tie in the tournament 100-1 should also play again.

What about if I resign after I had won my games in round two, who is going to the next round, would I go despite I have resigned or the loosing player or nobody!!!

RULES

Harri

L
Planet Eater

Manchester UK

Moves
24 Jan 03

Has to be random - it'll be like waiting for the FA Cup draw, fantastic !

Lightly Salted...

Moves
24 Jan 03

If the number of your current games is greater than your limit on accepting new challenges will you still be able to get into the tourney? I just thought of that as I have 30+ games and have my prefs set to not accept challenges until my games drop below 10. πŸ˜•

I'm signed up and excited to play! Good luck everyone!!!πŸ˜€

Lightly Salted...

Moves
24 Jan 03

Originally posted by hayz
I'd prefer random as well.
I have an idea! 😲

If they don't want to do random pairings then they can put our names in a hat and draw them out for the pairings! πŸ˜€

Tharg The Mighty

Betelgeuse

Moves
24 Jan 03

I'm with random - it is FA Cup weekend after all πŸ™‚

g
(dandan)

State College, PA

Moves
24 Jan 03

Seems to be enough entrants. When do we begin?

Lightly Salted...

Moves
24 Jan 03

Not soon enough! πŸ˜€

U

Steelers Country

Moves
24 Jan 03

START The TOURNAMENT.....Please