Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    06 Aug '14 05:16
    Since the clubs were created, many small tournaments have been started. Even in the largest clubs either you get the same dozen opponents over and over again, or you're expected to play opponents 500 or 600 points rating difference either way. Smaller clubs are even worse. By now there must be a long list of tiny tourneys which never got filled.

    I've been a subscriber for a very long time, and I'm sure others are just as unhappy about this as I am. I'm tired of just making do with clan games.
  2. Subscriber Ragwort
    Ex Duris Gloria
    06 Aug '14 14:39
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Since the clubs were created, many small tournaments have been started. Even in the largest clubs either you get the same dozen opponents over and over again, or you're expected to play opponents 500 or 600 points rating difference either way. Smaller clubs are even worse. By now there must be a long list of tiny tourneys which never got filled.

    I've bee ...[text shortened]... ure others are just as unhappy about this as I am. I'm tired of just making do with clan games.
    Seconded!
  3. 06 Aug '14 14:59
    My club (Maybe Masters ?) has 52 members including 17 non subs. The average club rating is 2120 so we are all pretty good players and active. We do not play many games at a time because all our games are hard. Clubs are second class citizens because 1.Tournaments are set at a minimum of 8 players and 2 games each. WHY? They are hard to fill because of members’ game loads, why not 4 man tournaments? We would like to have tournaments with only 1 game each. 2. Clubs should be able to challenge other clubs like clans do. 3. Where is the club league? Clans have one. 4. I would like to run a non-sub tourney with a prize of paid membership to encourage the non-subs to become members. 5. Non-subs should be allowed to enter club tournaments within the 6 game limit. None of these changes should be hard for the software. Please comment
  4. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    07 Aug '14 10:18
    Originally posted by pikejohn
    My club (Maybe Masters ?) has 52 members including 17 non subs. The average club rating is 2120 so we are all pretty good players and active. We do not play many games at a time because all our games are hard. Clubs are second class citizens because 1.Tournaments are set at a minimum of 8 players and 2 games each. WHY? They are hard to fill because of membe ...[text shortened]... s within the 6 game limit. None of these changes should be hard for the software. Please comment
    Some of your suggestions make a lot of sense.Others not so much so:-
    1.I agree.Club leaders should have flexibility and not be restricted to 8 minimum 2.Club challenges would be good.Like Kewpie I would like to play different players from tome to time 3.Club league? -it would just be meaningless like the clan league.A league only means something if all teams play the same number of games or the positions are based on percentages.4.Forget it. It'll never happen, unless you put up the money for the subscription yourself.5.I thought they could if not I agree.
  5. 07 Sep '14 16:40
    Sorry - I have been noticing the lack of tournaments for a week or so - do I have to join a club to find a tournament now??
  6. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    09 Sep '14 22:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by brettvt
    Sorry - I have been noticing the lack of tournaments for a week or so - do I have to join a club to find a tournament now??
    Public tournaments don't start nearly as often as they used to. You could try:
    - joining one of the clubs listed under Recently Added Tournaments
    - reading the longer clubs list, looking at date of last tournament (most clubs have attempted tourneys in the past but they often don't fill so eventually lapse)
    - if you can't find anything you like that way, send feedback requesting a public tournament of the type you like, e.g. wide-banded octets. They're pretty good at creating those when a specific request is made.
  7. 27 Sep '14 09:57
    +1 on this request. Make it so.
  8. 29 Sep '14 05:40 / 1 edit
    I fully agree with pikejohn!
  9. Subscriber flyingcod
    Berg Katze
    09 Nov '14 17:19
    Have to say I am a big fan of the Octets, esp the themed ones.

    Just my two cents/pence.

    fc