1. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 06:52
    Are we actually going to get this thing started? What are we waiting for next years pro bowl? 😠
  2. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 12:46
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Are we actually going to get this thing started? What are we waiting for next years pro bowl? 😠
    I messaged him a week ago
    i guess it's not happening no reply
  3. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 03:57
    Alright folks, really sorry I've been so slow to reply. Been busy with coming home, and the holidays and all that. Anyway, Russ got back to me and said that he would be unable to program the tournament specifically the way that we want him to, with everyone in pre-determined groups according to the division their team plays in. If it's going to be an official RHP tournament, all he can do is put everyone's names in and let the program generate random groups.

So, we have a decision to make. Do we want to go ahead and let Russ create an official tournament, with random groups? Or, do we just want to set this thing up manually? By that I mean, I will post a complete list of players, along with each player's team, and then everyone sets up the games with their opponents manually, by sending them each one challenge as White, one as Black.

Either PM me, or leave your vote in response to this post. Majority rules. Once again, here are the choices:

1. Russ creates the tourney himself, with random groups, so the NFL divisions are ignored.
    2. We create the tournament manually, maintaining division integrity.
  4. Canada
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 04:14
    I say we set it up our way, but im wondering?? can we still get the tourney recognized in the profile of who ever wins it??
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 05:41
    We should do it ourselves.
  6. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 12:30
    Ignore Divisions, do it tournament style.
    That way the winner of the Superbowl has it displayed in profile

(PLEASE not Seattle!!)
  7. Canada
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 17:47
    LOL so far 2 for wanting to do it our way, one for doing it through site tourney...but i think you should message russ and see if he will put the title either way on the winner page...That would be awesome!
  8. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 20:29
    Reasons to do it Tournament Style

1. Avoids some corruptibility - everything is set the same (timebanks) and hard to cheat.
    2. As of now, it will assure the winner a "title" on their homepage/profile
    3. It is organized and efficient.

Problem with tournament:
    1. No proper division play guarenteed/likely, but still, you do play for the "superbowl" etc.
  9. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 21:13
    I say let Russ set it up. It's going to be lots of work for Natural Science otherwise, and he is in the process of transferring to a new Army post and beginning new training. Russ can set it up as a regular tournament. We'll still have fun and at least we'll get the first ever RHP NFL tournament underway. Maybe we can make it an annual event and by next football season Russ will be able to set up a regular tournament with divisional play for the second RHP NFL Tournament.
  10. Canada
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 21:25
    arrrghhh you guys are right you make some very valid points...hopefully we can hear from more people and what Natural Science thinks as well
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 21:42
    What type of tournament then? knockout, (Grouped Random!) etc..
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 00:17
    make it a duel, true one on one nfl fashion.
  13. Canada
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 07:24
    Originally posted by trevor33
    I dont mind either!! Duel kinda sounds exciting?
  14. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 16:07
    Originally posted by trevor33
    Duel suits me.
  15. Joined
    26 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 22:33
    Should have made it a college themed tournament so we could get a real national champion in a playoff system for a change!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree