Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. 07 Apr '07 14:21
    Tournament 1968

    redhotpawno1 a 1500+ rated player in a 0-1100 tournament.

    Shame on you.
  2. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    07 Apr '07 19:12 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Tournament 1968

    redhotpawno1 a 1500+ rated player in a 0-1100 tournament.

    Shame on you.
    Tournament not started
    This tournament cannot be viewed.


    ... is all i get when i click your link

    [edit: nice location by the way ]
  3. 07 Apr '07 23:22
    Come on site administrators, you really should scrub this player from the tournament.
  4. 07 Apr '07 23:23
    Originally posted by MCA
    Tournament not started
    This tournament cannot be viewed.


    ... is all i get when i click your link

    [edit: nice location by the way ]
    Go to the tournaments page and scroll down to the tournament.
  5. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    08 Apr '07 00:21
    yeah, it says this player has entered this tournament, and i'm not eligible, rated lower than him.. how is this possible?
  6. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    08 Apr '07 00:24
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    yeah, it says this player has entered this tournament, and i'm not eligible, rated lower than him.. how is this possible?
    they will have entered when their rating was low enough to allow it and it has since increased (i presume)
  7. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    08 Apr '07 00:30
    OIC.. his profile graph does show a bunch of losses in a row, like cliffs and canyons; evidently was timed out repeatedly or resigned.. yikes!

    Entrants beware!
  8. Standard member dweezil
    Canuck savant
    18 Apr '07 12:36
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Tournament 1968

    redhotpawno1 a 1500+ rated player in a 0-1100 tournament.

    Shame on you.
    How would you like to be in group 2 in this tournament? Tournament 1559

    User 231289 is 540 points over in a 1300-1400 tournament.

    What a waste of time for the rest!
  9. 18 Apr '07 23:03
    My rating is currently 1800+ and I'm in November '06 Sprint Duel 1350-1500. Back in Noveber last year I just about qualified for the tournament - not at the upper end but at the lower end. My rating's gone up because I've won a lot of games since. I'm not ashamed of that, why should I be. Everyone has a roughly equal rating when they start these tournaments. I have lost and drawn games with players with a much lower rating than mine. I find they try harder because my rating is relatively high. You should just get on with playing the best chess you can to beat these players and stop complaining.
  10. 18 Apr '07 23:16
    Originally posted by davejacks
    My rating is currently 1800+ and I'm in November '06 Sprint Duel 1350-1500. Back in Noveber last year I just about qualified for the tournament - not at the upper end but at the lower end. My rating's gone up because I've won a lot of games since. I'm not ashamed of that, why should I be. Everyone has a roughly equal rating when they start these tourna ...[text shortened]... just get on with playing the best chess you can to beat these players and stop complaining.
    When you join a rated tourney you expect the other players to be around your rating.

    Someone who is now rated over 1900 playing against 1300/1400 players is a no contest.

    Its just sad when people do that. They are only in it for the cheap tourney win.
  11. 18 Apr '07 23:19
    Originally posted by davejacks
    My rating is currently 1800+ and I'm in November '06 Sprint Duel 1350-1500. Back in Noveber last year I just about qualified for the tournament - not at the upper end but at the lower end. My rating's gone up because I've won a lot of games since. I'm not ashamed of that, why should I be. Everyone has a roughly equal rating when they start these tourna ...[text shortened]... just get on with playing the best chess you can to beat these players and stop complaining.
    Also lets say you timed out a bunch of games and your rating dropped to say 1200.

    Would you be happy joining a tourney for people rated 1100-1250 knowing you are an 1800+ player?

    Is that fair oin the genuine 1100-1250 rated players?
  12. 18 Apr '07 23:32
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Also lets say you timed out a bunch of games and your rating dropped to say 1200.

    Would you be happy joining a tourney for people rated 1100-1250 knowing you are an 1800+ player?

    Is that fair oin the genuine 1100-1250 rated players?
    Maybe there are some people who do do that in order to get a cheap tournament win and I agree that is unfair on the other players but there are also players (like me) who only joined the site just before the tournament started and have no idea what their true rating is and how they compare with other players on the site. They just see a tournament and think OK I'll have a go. Then they start winning games and their rating rises.
  13. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    19 Apr '07 00:53
    Originally posted by davejacks
    Maybe there are some people who do do that in order to get a cheap tournament win and I agree that is unfair on the other players but there are also players (like me) who only joined the site just before the tournament started and have no idea what their true rating is and how they compare with other players on the site. They just see a tournament and think OK I'll have a go. Then they start winning games and their rating rises.
    Hey comrade & fellow clan member, I believe this thread is definitely not talking about players like you. You're graph looks like the Google sales chart! Which obviously means you've won most of you're games without any deception at all. Adram was merely talking about a player with large sloping cliffs, implying timeouts/resignations for whatever reason.
  14. 19 Apr '07 17:52 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Also lets say you timed out a bunch of games and your rating dropped to say 1200.

    Would you be happy joining a tourney for people rated 1100-1250 knowing you are an 1800+ player?

    Is that fair oin the genuine 1100-1250 rated players?
    Methinks you don't understand how the system works at all. Due to the tournament entry rating is set up, they would have to throw a bunch of games to lower their rating, then keep it low for 100 days!! Now if people are doing this, that's just pathetic, but if I resigned 30 games right now, I still would not be eligible to play in anything below a 1659 level.


    Edit to make my tournament entry rating highest rating -100.
  15. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    19 Apr '07 18:14 / 1 edit
    And then this guy: User 261696, winning multiple 0-1250 and 0-1300 tournaments while being 400 to 500 points higher rated at this moment...