Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 29 Dec '07 16:43
    Does the site have any rules on the length of time it takes to play a tourney? I have two games going with "heng" , SplitVII, Rnd 1, going on since June, 2007. Mr. Heng, it seems has over 800 games going! Why is he allowed to play this many games, and totally keep this tournament at a snail's pace? 😠
  2. 29 Dec '07 17:08
    He's playing within the rules, no matter how annoying it may be to you.

If he plays too slow, he'll be timed out.
  3. Standard member Gatecrasher
    Whale watching
    29 Dec '07 17:08
    June 2007? That's a itty-bitty baby tournament; in its early infancy.

I'm still in a tournament that commenced in July 2004, and that is by no means the longest running on the site.

If heng doesn't stick to the time controls, you can time him out. If he does, there is really nothing you can do, but wait.... or enter another tournament.
  4. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    29 Dec '07 17:25
    Originally posted by jhard
    Does the site have any rules on the length of time it takes to play a tourney? I have two games going with "heng" , SplitVII, Rnd 1, going on since June, 2007. Mr. Heng, it seems has over 800 games going! Why is he allowed to play this many games, and totally keep this tournament at a snail's pace? 😠
    LOL i got a game with heng aswell but as people are saying hes playing within the rules but i got other games to keep me going though 🙂
  5. 29 Dec '07 17:31
    jhard, why are you worried?

You're out:

Tournament 2180

very out! 🙂
  6. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    29 Dec '07 17:43
    lol maybe he likes fast games and wants to get them out of the way 🙂....but sadly this is corry chess and hengs within his rights to use the time limits thats why they are there 🙂
  7. 29 Dec '07 19:51
    Hey Gatecrasher, you have got to be kidding, a tourney since 2004. That would distress me---heck, I don't even buy green bananas. LOL! 🙄
  8. 29 Dec '07 19:54
    Humph3, guess I got the wrong tourney---but I am in two games with heng in another tournament. Excussssssssee MEEEEE! He may be one heck a great chess man, but he missed out on common horse sense. 😀
  9. 29 Dec '07 23:02
    I don't know what Sicilian Smaug is trying to say here, but the irony is that I am waiting on Heng to finish some games in a split before I meet Smaug in the final (and no doubt get beaten).

But, as Heng's behaviour is within the rules, I won't complain.
  10. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    30 Dec '07 00:03
    iv got a draw of smaug so dont be scared 🙂
  11. 30 Dec '07 07:52
    sorry guys...
    i have responded to sicilian's message and moved...
    just drop me a message on which games u need me to move ..and i wud oblige...otherwise i just use the "games waiting" button..🙂
    HAPPY 2008 !!!
  12. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    30 Dec '07 09:43
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I was only joking 🙂 but i do under stand you have improved but also so have i 🙂
  13. 01 Jan '08 23:28
    Originally posted by jhard
    Here is the oldest in progress tournie Tournament 27 which started way back in May 2003 😲

Heng cut his gameload in half!! He had over 1600 in progress at one time.

Also the time controls of the tournaments dictate the speed of play.

Did you know that some groups in Tournament 2602 are finished, so in effect you are holding up later rounds by playing so slow 😛
  14. 18 Feb '08 13:45 / 1 edit
    Yes, Mr. Heng is going to lose most of his games by time out, I am playing him in a clan game...and he is losing both games to time out. I wrote him about it...and he did not have time to reply, but he got the message...he is truly a chess recluse...absorbed in nothing else.
  15. 18 Feb '08 14:13
    Originally posted by biligesleage
    Yes, Mr. Heng is going to lose most of his games by time out, I am playing him in a clan game...and he is losing both games to time out. I wrote him about it...and he did not have time to reply, but he got the message...he is truly a chess recluse...absorbed in nothing else.
    I got a win against mr Heng, I timed him out. (Sorry, Mr heng if you read this, but you have timed others out as well) That's the risc by having hundreds and hundreds of games going. An influenza and the time outs are rolling in.

But, still, I admire mr Heng being able to control so many games at one time! He has certainly the hang of it!