1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 12:48
    In a further effort to make the forum post recommendation system more effective, all 'recommendation' data has been reset, and now forum recommendations are now limited to 10 in a 30 day period for a particular user. (This remains a subscriber only feature, to prevent abuse).

-Russ
  2. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 12:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    In a further effort to make the forum post recommendation system more effective, all 'recommendation' data has been reset, and now forum recommendations are now limited to 10 in a 30 day period for a particular user. (This remains a subscriber only feature, to prevent abuse).

-Russ
    Good move!
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 12:52

-Russ
    Thank you Russ, I'm glad we didn't have to bin the system entirely. Resetting the rec totals to zero was a great idea.
  4. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 13:15
    A nice-to-have enhancement might be some way of knowing how many recs a user has left.

Not essential, by any means.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 13:18
    Click the recommend link on a (any) post - the recommendation is not automatically given. The numbers are there.

-Russ
  6. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 13:221 edit
    Click the recommend link on a (any) post - the recommendation is not automatically given. The numbers are there.

-Russ
    Excellent change Russ, though not worth a valuable rec.....

In 29 days I'm going a reccing spree.
  7. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 13:41
    I spent one of my rec's on the initial post in this thread๐Ÿ˜€

Great forum improvement, Russ!
  8. The sky
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 15:20
    I would love to be able to say "but there are much more than ten posts per month which really deserve a rec". However, as things are, I'll probably never even use up my 10 wrecks. So, good move.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 17:49

-Russ
    So trolling and abuse of the rec system got the quickest change ever made on here.

Will trolling and abuse of the alert system get you to move on the much more important matter of the state of the debates forum?

D
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 17:57

-Russ
    Well done. Three cheers!
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 18:25

-Russ
    Will you be able to carry forward recs in a similar manner to your unused mobile phone minutes?

If you do not rec anyone from today for 29 days, then use 10 on the 30th day will that then mean that for 30 days from when you "spent your recs" you will be unable to rec as you are limited to 10 in a 30 day period?

So many questions, so few answers.

๐Ÿ˜›
  12. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 19:58

-Russ
    Got to admit, this was a necessary move. I'm not fan of the limitations, but I can certainly see the need for it. Good job for finding a compromise that should make most subscribers happy.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 20:44
    (This remains a subscriber only feature, to prevent abuse).

-Russ
    Non-subs have NEVER abused the rec system. [afaik]
  14. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 20:57

-Russ
    ๐Ÿ˜€
  15. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 23:14
    ... button?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree