1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    25 Sep '06 18:41
    Why were rec's reset? Because people were abusing them.

Why were they abusing them? To see who was #1, who could get the most.

Why not get rid of them from displaying. If you want to rec something then do it. But why keep track of who got recced X number of times. It will just bring back the same problem again.

Look at the recced postings and you can see it starting already.

I am glad that someone lost all his recs which he clearly did not deserve 🙂

I think this is great idea but could be better still.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 02:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 05:24
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    Sorry Russ,

But I truly disagree with this decsion (where was a vote for that?)
    Recs are a reflection of a person's reputation and in a way a good indication to see how active members have been in the forums.

I have been a member for quite a few years now (and have gathered some truly deserved recs for some good input I had in the foums) and ...[text shortened]... ing re-set?

Sorry Russ, but I couldn't disagre more with that decision

Regards
    Boris
    Ahh...poor Boris. Relegated to the 'rec' level of a newbie. Reputation shot down as well, mind you that reputation was only obtained by Metallica and BFCC members reccing everthing he posted so it was artificially inflated anyway.

Now, you'll just have to fawn for those precious recs Boris. I'm sure you'll get comfortable with that given time.

skeeter
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 17:30
    Originally posted by skeeter
    that reputation was only obtained by BFCC members reccing everthing he posted so it was artificially inflated anyway.
    I love these little dream worlds you create. Especially considering it was your clan which brought down the rec system through an attack on the site coordinated in your private forum, and it seems a couple of ye are sticking to your policy of reccing each other's posts, despite ye're stated disdain for the rec system.

Lets see what our leaders got their recs for...

------------
    Red Night
    26 Sep '06 02:14 :: 3 recommendations
    Clan 24350

Red Night
    25 Sep '06 02:01 :: 1 recommendations
    RED NIGHT SEAL OF APPROVAL

Red Night
    24 Sep '06 23:32 :: 1 recommendations
    Well said!!

Red Night
    24 Sep '06 21:31 :: 1 recommendations
    Three cheers for Russ.

Red Night
    21 Sep '06 04:07 :: 1 recommendations
    A bunch of excellent ideas.
    ----------

Looking at your clans recs, it seems that cashthetrash and IM4Y2NV are the only people who may have gotten at least some of their recs from non clan members, ie: they may have earned them for a site idea, or a detailed, thought out post.

Lets see what the Carptain earned his recs for...
    -----------
    Phlabibit
    22 Sep '06 19:44 :: 1 recommendations
    Hit the refresh button.

What browser do you use?

P-

Phlabibit
    22 Sep '06 03:30 :: 3 recommendations
    Just vaccum up the old 'Meat Opponents' forum and raplace the red pleather captain's chairs and dim lit neon signs with bleachers and a score board.

P-

Phlabibit
    21 Sep '06 21:44 :: 2 recommendations
    I think all the ratings should be set back to 1200. Why should users have a better rank than I do just because they play the game better?

P-

Phlabibit
    21 Sep '06 02:45 :: 1 recommendations
    Your feature would be nice, and I would like to add that there should be a number of matches you want to play for clan one vs. clan 2.

I might want to play 2 matches at all times with clan one... and 2 matches for clan 2.

If I have one match going on in clan one, I have one spot. If I have no matches in clan 2, I have 2 spots.

My leaders would know I am available for 1 or 2 full matches. That way I wouldn't need to PM a leader saying "please give me 2 matches, and no more" while I tell the other clan leader, "Please give me one more match, I only want 2".

P-
    -------------

So tell me skeeter, how does it feel to have your fantasy world blown apart with fact?

Looking briefly at the other members, Xanthos earned 2 recs for well thought out posts in debates, I got 1 for helping somebody out in the help forum, and dottewell got a couple for a well thought out post in general about the state of the forums and how the trolls are ruining the forums at the moment.

The next time you want to lie about the Carp's members and their actions, please think of this post, and come back down to planet Earth.

Thanks,

D
  5. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 19:121 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I love these little dream worlds you create. Especially considering it was your clan which brought down the rec system through an attack on the site coordinated in your private forum, and it seems a couple of ye are sticking to your policy of reccing each other's posts, despite ye're stated disdain for the rec system.

Lets see what our leaders got their ease think of this post, and come back down to planet Earth.

Thanks,

D
    Say's it all really when the Phlab gets a rec for asking what browser is used. Probably gave it to himself. he can do that. Bet his rec limit isn't ten - probably none of the BFCC have a limit, truth be known.

skeeter
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 19:361 edit
    Say's it all really when the Phlab gets a rec for asking what browser is used. Probably gave it to himself. he can do that. Bet his rec limit isn't ten - probably none of the BFCC have a limit, truth be known.

skeeter
    COOOO!...COOOO! 🙄

Thread 52751

D
  7. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 19:471 edit

Lets see what our leaders got their ease think of this post, and come back down to planet Earth.

Thanks,

D
    As usual, you're wrong ragorrant.

7 of my recs came from Spammann. You can ask him why.

10 came from an anonymous donor last night. I'm not sure who (although I have a suspicion. And it's not someone in my Clan(s).)

4 came from non clan members for my response to the Smelly Loser post of dottie's.

Finally, at least 4 of Phlab's recs came from IM and me.

Reccs suck. I'd be happy if they went away.
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 19:48
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Why were rec's reset? Because people were abusing them.

Why were they abusing them? To see who was #1, who could get the most.

Why not get rid of them from displaying. If you want to rec something then do it. But why keep track of who got recced X number of times. It will just bring back the same problem again.

Look at the recced postings and you c ...[text shortened]... cs which he clearly did not deserve 🙂

I think this is great idea but could be better still.
    Hear! Hear!
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 20:30

skeeter
    What browser are you using? It's called humor, something you have no sense of. Don't make crap up, I don't get extra recs and I can't give myself a rec.

P-
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 20:36

skeeter
    Why would you say something like this? 😕
  11. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 20:38
    Originally posted by ivangrice
    Why on earth do we not just scrap the entire system? All posts should be judged on their own merit, without the need for the equivalent of someone saying 'Yeah!'...

What real purpose do recs serve?
    Because it prevents users from quoting someone and saying only

"QFT" or some equivalent. Therefor, we have slightly cleaner, easier to read threads.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 20:40
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Finally, at least 4 of Phlab's recs came from IM and me.

Reccs suck. I'd be happy if they went away.
    So why did you give Phlab recs? I'm surprised somebody who is so anti-recs would ever bother clicking it. It makes no sense, unless we consider that your positions are only intended as a base to troll.

Ah well, luckily we shouldn't have to suffer for too much longer.

D
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 20:47
    So why did you give Phlab recs? I'm surprised somebody who is so anti-recs would ever bother clicking it. It makes no sense, unless we consider that your positions are only intended as a base to troll.

Ah well, luckily we shouldn't have to suffer for too much longer.

D
    Hey Rag,

Do you know how many recs any members of our clan gave and to who? I don't.

P-
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 20:49
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Hey Rag,

Do you know how many recs any members of our clan gave and to who? I don't.

P-
    Why ask me here? Why not just check the thread in our clan forum where we keep tabs of who has recced who? 😕

D
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Sep '06 21:00
    Why ask me here? Why not just check the thread in our clan forum where we keep tabs of who has recced who? 😕

D
    Dumn-dumn! You need to check the thread where we script these posts! You were supposed to say, "No".

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree