Games Explorer

Games Explorer

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by thire
So this is not for everybody, right? Will this come one day, Chris?
Thanks,
Thomas
Bump

DS

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by bosintang
New bug: Go to http://tinyurl.com/2vuw27, and play 'c4'.

A singular game pops up with a completely different position.
Same has happened with me a few times.

c

Moves
09 Mar 07

Alright, I'm still insanely confused - why are only about half of my games in the GE? What happened to the other ones - including those where both of us are 1400+?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
09 Mar 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Alright, I'm still insanely confused - why are only about half of my games in the GE? What happened to the other ones - including those where both of us are 1400+?
Read the first post in the thread.

D

S

Moves
11 Mar 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Read the first post in the thread.

D
Yeah but it was supposed to have been updated on 1st March & I don't think it has.

c

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
Yeah but it was supposed to have been updated on 1st March & I don't think it has.
No, it hasn't been.

z

Moves
21 Mar 07

Perhaps I missed it, but what rating do they use to determine if a game should be in or not? i.e. Say I start winning all of my games and acheive a 1920 rating. Now some of my games should be in the 1900+ category, what happens if my rating then falls back to it's more natural 1650?

DS

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by zebano
Perhaps I missed it, but what rating do they use to determine if a game should be in or not? i.e. Say I start winning all of my games and acheive a 1920 rating. Now some of my games should be in the 1900+ category, what happens if my rating then falls back to it's more natural 1650?
Maybe they are linked to whatever your rating is at the time.
ie. if your rating drops, maybe your games drop into the lower group too.

R

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Maybe they are linked to whatever your rating is at the time.
ie. if your rating drops, maybe your games drop into the lower group too.
Nah, too many good players leave and let all their games time out; I bet the games someone played when rated over 1900 will be counted.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
27 Mar 07

Yes, sorting out (by some option) of time-outs would be great!

s

Moves
27 Mar 07

I'm still trying to figure out how to annotate games; as soon as there's only 1 game left in a line, when you click the next move it opens a new window, so you can't annotate the rest, can you?

r
Orc slayer

Gondor

Moves
01 Apr 07

Are they going to update it anytime soon?

S

Moves
03 Apr 07

Originally posted by rotk
Are they going to update it anytime soon?
I sent a feedback PM & got the reply that it should be updated in a couple of weeks.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
04 Apr 07

I sent a feedback PM & got the reply that it should be updated in a couple of weeks.
"weeks".

😉

D

M
A Chess Friend :-)

Texas :-)

Moves
06 Apr 07

Originally posted by Chris
We've just put up an initial version of the new Games Explorer.

Hey Chris! :-)

I've found it, I've been using it, and I *love* it.

One suggestion:

When you finally come to the end of the exploration and there is only one game left in a particular line, if you click on that one move, the explorer pops you into an analysis board of that game. Given the current (relatively crude) state of the analysis board, this is not especially useful to me. True, the game history is on the anaylsis board. However, I don't have any easy way to download the PGN into a truly useful analysis tool like DBSchess.

Would it be too much trouble to put a "download pgn" button on the analysis board for us?

Alternatively, if you would pop us straight to the public game, rather than to your analysis board, we'd have everything we need. Those who then want to use your analysis board could get there with only one more click. Those of us who want to download the PGN have the button at the public game board.

Right now, I'm having to write down the name of the players, search through all of their games to find the particular game I'm looking for, and then download the PGN. Gee, if you just put the game ID on the analysis board or on the line where the game is listed in the Explorer, that would be a huge help.

I *love* the Explorer. I can't tell you how much I love it, just like it is. But, an improved link to the PGN would sure be nice.

Thx! :-)

PS. And, if there's an easier way to get to the PGN that I've overlooked, my apologies and advanced thanks to whoever points it out to me.