Games Explorer

Games Explorer

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Admin

Wimbledon

Moves
11 Jan 07

Originally posted by rhb
The games explorer is malfunctioning? I can review 1900+ but not 1400+, nor my own games.

1. e4 (or any other move) returns "Sorry, this line is not available."

Weird.
I am currently in the process of updating the database so if you do spot anything like this happening, it will be only temporary.

I will also update the Games Explorer itself over the next few weeks to add the features (where possible) that have been requested.

-Chris

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
11 Jan 07

Originally posted by Chris
I am currently in the process of updating the database so if you do spot anything like this happening, it will be only temporary.

I will also update the Games Explorer itself over the next few weeks to add the features (where possible) that have been requested.

-Chris
Ok - understood. Thanks.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
11 Jan 07

Originally posted by Chris

-Chris
Phlab had a great idea, whereby you click a button/link on your game page at a certain position, and it searches the games explorer for any previous times the position came up.

D

z

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Phlab had a great idea, whereby you click a button/link on your game page at a certain position, and it searches the games explorer for any previous times the position came up.

D
another way of getting to the same thing would be for the explorer to do a position search based on either FEN or PGN. It would then be simple to create a link from the game into the explorer.

I

Moves
13 Jan 07

Excellent..... Thanks

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
31 Jan 07

Problem with the Explorer...
Thread 61423

D

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
31 Jan 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Problem with the Explorer...
Thread 61423

D
another problem here, try playing d2-d4

http://www.timeforchess.com/gamesexplorer/?movelist=e2e4e7e5f2f4e5f4&flip=0&co=-&u=-1&c=1400

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
01 Feb 07

Add (for those who want it?) a link to the gamehistroy or so with just a position-search of the current position in this game. One click and I know everything about my position in this game... 🙂

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
01 Feb 07

I have 750 games now and none of them on games explorer!:'(

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
01 Feb 07

Originally posted by Diet Coke
I have 750 games now and none of them on games explorer!:'(
Thread 57414

D

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
01 Feb 07

I'm waiting for the update.

Joined after november

U

Moves
02 Feb 07

I must say this tool is quite educational for folks learning the game like me. It just cemented my decision to stay here on RHP! I certainly hope it becomes a permanent fixture on this site!

A question though... does every game played by 1400 rated players and over get automatically entered into the database? Because one thing that could happen is that players not sure what to play next will use the Explorer's top move choices to make their decision. Moves listed closer to the top will grow exponentially as more and more 1400-1800 players (those not familiar with openings) keep choosing those popular moves, while ignoring the bottom choices. So the top moves get bigger not because players decided for themselves to make them, but because they saw they were the most used. This creates sort of a snowball effect, if you know what mean.

Other than that, Explorer is darn near perfect!

Chess Monk

Surrey

Moves
04 Feb 07

Not sure if this is place to mention this, but I was having a look at the explorer and when I do the following steps, a game pops up in another screen.

- Flip board , then , moving the pieces on the board...
1. e4 c5
2. d4 d6
3. Bb5

.. At this point another window opens (Firefox 2) announcing that that 'this game has finished, black wins' between these 2 players.

- mihaimilk On Vacation (1623)
- bako (1520)

Just seemed odd
BTW, great tool though (and site overall)

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
04 Feb 07

Originally posted by SPDChess
Not sure if this is place to mention this, but I was having a look at the explorer and when I do the following steps, a game pops up in another screen.

- Flip board , then , moving the pieces on the board...
1. e4 c5
2. d4 d6
3. Bb5

.. At this point another window opens (Firefox 2) announcing that that 'this game has finished, black wins' between ...[text shortened]... ion (1623)
- bako (1520)

Just seemed odd
BTW, great tool though (and site overall)
When there is only one game that has followed the moves you have entered, it pops up in an Analyse Board screen.

D

Chess Monk

Surrey

Moves
05 Feb 07

Thanks Ragnorak, did seem like it would have been a wierd bug 🙂